How Refs can influence a game

Ghost12

Reaction score
Both the PI calls against the KC defense were uncatchable.
Bull. They were only "uncatchable" because the WRs were being tackled. A receiver of the caliber like Evans is can make a good attempt to bring it in.

Flamma

Reaction score
The only bad call I saw was the unsportsmanlike penalty at the very end of the first half, which was completely irrelevant.

I saw the Chiefs o-line holding on just about every play though....

I noticed some too. Even on the sack. When they didn't hold it was a jail break. That D up front was not what Mahomes was used to.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Agreed on the one in the endzone. But how often do they not throw the flag because it was uncatchable? I rarely see them let it go. I'm not so sure about the deep ball. That would be way too close to say uncatchable.

There was one play where Mahomes was being chased backwards and he threw it away. Even in real time I could see that ball never reached the LOS. They didn't call anything.

The one in the endzone was the most egregious. It basically turned a two score game into a route. But the one against Evans was pretty ticky tacky. The guy touched him but did not push or trip him that I could see. Evans tripped himself up on that one trying to find an extra gear to catch up to the overthrown ball. He began to overstride and that's what caused him Initially I thought it was a good call but once I saw the replay I thought they saw Evans going down and ASSUMED the contact was what caused it. They were wrong.. He was already going down before the DBs hand made it onto his back. IMHO of course..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Bull. They were only "uncatchable" because the WRs were being tackled. A receiver of the caliber like Evans is can make a good attempt to bring it in.

Okay so if Gronk keeps running he catches the ball 5 yards out of bounds.. My bad..

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Both the PI calls against the KC defense were uncatchable. Especially the one against Mathieu in the end zone that landed 5 yards out of the end zone. Both extended drives and ended up with the Bucs scoring TDs instead of kicking FGs or punting.
When was the last time you saw a PI flag picked up because a ball was uncatchable? I honestly can't remember seeing one in at least 2 seasons.

I thought the PI on the pass to Evans was incidental contact. The one on Mathieu was a legit penalty. I initially thought it should have been illegal contact, but I'm pretty sure the ball was in the air when he body checked him in the end zone.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
The one in the endzone was the most egregious. It basically turned a two score game into a route. But the one against Evans was pretty ticky tacky. The guy touched him but did not push or trip him that I could see. Evans tripped himself up on that one trying to find an extra gear to catch up to the overthrown ball. He began to overstride and that's what caused him Initially I thought it was a good call but once I saw the replay I thought they saw Evans going down and ASSUMED the contact was what caused it. They were wrong.. He was already going down before the DBs hand made it onto his back. IMHO of course..
Watch the first Evans play again. The DB's left foot clearly made contact with Evans left foot at :37 in the clip. I thought this was incidental and shouldn't have been called.

The second one, Mathieu clearly impeded him on his route. no doubt PI

Flamma

Reaction score

Good catch. At first glance it looked like he clipped his legs. But from the side angle I still can't tell if he got his left foot. But that's it if anything.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah refs definitely helped out tonight....Brady tries to bring them with him every Super Bowl when he can lol. They wasn't hosting the Super Bowl in Tampa and have them lose.
Years ago I used to not believe stuff like this. Then the facts started piling up. Something is definitely fishy in the state of Denmark.

Any disbeliever needs to go get a complete game tape of the NE/JAX champ game back in 17. Keep in mind that the JAX D had 5 penalties against them the entire season. And then 6-7 in one game. It was sick. Poor Bortles.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yeah refs definitely helped out tonight....Brady tries to bring them with him every Super Bowl when he can lol. They wasn't hosting the Super Bowl in Tampa and have them lose.

Crying about the refs with Brady never gets old. It's all y'all can hold onto at this point. It's hilarious to read. It's always fixed and refs fault when the narrative is not what you want. Boo hoo.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Years ago I used to not believe stuff like this. Then the facts started piling up. Something is definitely fishy in the state of Denmark.

Any disbeliever needs to go get a complete game tape of the NE/JAX champ game back in 17. Keep in mind that the JAX D had 5 penalties against them the entire season. And then 6-7 in one game. It was sick. Poor Bortles.

Go watch the Pittsburgh/Seattle Super Bowl again.. The officiating in that one bordered on college basketball level home cookin in favor of the Steelers. It really annoyed me to hear Romo call the first Gronk TD catch "a nice pick play." It's like suddenly something that is illegal for most teams has become legal for some teams/QBs. Evens went inside and picked off the dbs.. Had he simply run a route and not made contact with the guy it would have been fine but the fact that he felt the need to body up the safety it should have been flagged IMHO. Like you I never used be a big believer in "fixes" per se but sometimes you watch stuff unfold and you find yourself searching for some other rational explanation.. and not finding one.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Good catch. At first glance it looked like he clipped his legs. But from the side angle I still can't tell if he got his left foot. But that's it if anything.

After watching it again and again frame by frame I see that Evans' left foot collides with the DBs left foot right about the 30 yard line. It was incidental contact not PI. Having the ball land 5 yards out in front of them was all the more reason not to make that call. Evans sold it by going to his knees once he realized he wasn't going to get to the ball. Huge call at a huge moment in the game. I've seen way more contact to our receivers not draw a flag. But we don't have Brady on our team I guess.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Watch the first Evans play again. The DB's left foot clearly made contact with Evans left foot at :37 in the clip. I thought this was incidental and shouldn't have been called.

The second one, Mathieu clearly impeded him on his route. no doubt PI

I did rewind the first Evans play and saw the feet make contact as you mentioned. And I agree with you it was two guys running whose feet got tangled up.. no call should have been made. On the second one okay he impeded him but did you see how far out of bounds the ball landed? It bounced off the wall. Nobody was bringing that thing in in-bounds. MAYBE a young Dez but that's about it. And again, he was up playing physical and he did not grab or hold. The DB is not required to get out of the way to let the receiver go by. Mathieu was entitled to his established position on that play and it was Evan's responsibility to find another way to get open not Mathieu's responsibility to yell "ole'" as he ran by.

robertfchew

Reaction score
After watching it again and again frame by frame I see that Evans' left foot collides with the DBs left foot right about the 30 yard line. It was incidental contact not PI. Having the ball land 5 yards out in front of them was all the more reason not to make that call. Evans sold it by going to his knees once he realized he wasn't going to get to the ball. Huge call at a huge moment in the game. I've seen way more contact to our receivers not draw a flag. But we don't have Brady on our team I guess.

any why Brady can never be a goat. He's lost to Eli manning twice, lost to foles, been caught cheating multiple times, and was just gifted a sb. Just go away dude

RonnieT24

Reaction score
any why Brady can never be a goat. He's lost to Eli manning twice, lost to foles, been caught cheating multiple times, and was just gifted a sb. Just go away dude

Oh Father Time will claim him just like it has every one before him. He deserves kudos for picking a great situation to join this year and then inviting other great players to come play with him as well. He might make a great college recruiter for Michigan someday. He was good, not great through the playoffs but the defense made it so that was enough.. We'll see how many guys bail on that team in search of a payday now that they have a ring.. Should be interesting.

JJHLH1

Reaction score

Brady will always be the GOAT. Nobody is going to surpass him at this point, especially after defeating Mahomes twice in the playoffs.

He’s now the GOAT for American sports, not just football.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Okay so if Gronk keeps running he catches the ball 5 yards out of bounds.. My bad..
No, he catches it - or at least is able to mak a play on it - before it lands 5 yards out of bounds.

Have you, like, ever watched football before? A ball landing 5 yards out of bounds is nothing. If a ball lands a mere 5 yards out of bounds, that means it was certainly at a catchable height while it was in bounds.