How Stoked Would You Be If Jerry fires McCarthy after this season?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Unlike many on this board, I'm not a huge Sean Payton fan. His super bowl win was very flukish. If Favre takes 7 steps, NO never makes it. He runs a great O and can definitely get the QB some numbers, but in his lone super bowl year, NO ran the ball prolifically.
Agree.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Also, Payton is ancient. Does he even have anything left? Does he even want to coach? The obsession on this board w/ SPayton is just weird.
Not to mention the shenanigans and suspension when he was with the Saints. He is a bit shady. Why he gets a mulligan I'll never understand. Seems like he lost control of things at times there. I recall the pain pill issues also. He turned a blind eye to alot. Not so sure he is what we need here in Dallas as far as fixing the culture. MM might be an upgrade actually.

jsb357

Reaction score
How Stoked Would You Be If Jerry fires McCarthy after this season?

rujones.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Fires McCarthy after this season,
Trades two 1st's for Payton, BUT:
He steps down and gives GM duties to his new Head Coach?

Not saying that is remotely going to happen and I know people are going to say "Not going to happen" all throughout this thread, but this is a what-if thing.

Anyone on board with this scenario?

And wow, I never start threads! Probably because I'm lame at it.
No because that would mean they had a bad season.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
then another Jones takes his place. It wont matter. We already are seeing what a Stevie Jones run team looks like.

So far, yes, but nobody but the Jones know how much control Jerry has on decisions. It's entirely possible he is still heavily involved, and in that case, what is Stephen to do? Quit? Tell his daddy to "stick it where the sun don't shine" or "sit down and shut up you old fool, I'm running this team"?

My point is while not a huge chance, it's at least possible Stephen either doesn't have that much final say, or is simply acquiescing to Jerry, and once Jerry is out of the picture he'll do things differently. Not a big possibility, but hey! I've got to have something to maybe look forward to!

slick325

Reaction score
Not very. Unless he hires The. Hoodie away from the Pats, it will be more of the same. McCarthy has had in-game flubs but he is not the problem in Dallas. He is a good coach IMO. He and Sean Payton are identical if you ask me.

I wouldn't be devastated. But, I also wouldn't be ecstatic either.

kskboys

Reaction score
So far, yes, but nobody but the Jones know how much control Jerry has on decisions. It's entirely possible he is still heavily involved, and in that case, what is Stephen to do? Quit? Tell his daddy to "stick it where the sun don't shine" or "sit down and shut up you old fool, I'm running this team"?

My point is while not a huge chance, it's at least possible Stephen either doesn't have that much final say, or is simply acquiescing to Jerry, and once Jerry is out of the picture he'll do things differently. Not a big possibility, but hey! I've got to have something to maybe look forward to!
Whatever the case is, it's a guarantee that Jerry has a lot more say than he should.

Londonboy

Reaction score

Not saying that is remotely going to happen and I know people are going to say "Not going to happen" all throughout this thread, but this is a what-if thing.

I wouldn't be stoked at all, it would just mean We've failed with another Coach and would be starting over again and I'm getting too old and too long in My last surviving tooth to feel enthusiastic about another rebuild (even if JJ isn't the primary building contractor, He'll still be the client and would find a way to mess with the architect and construct an ugly neo-Soviet monstrosity of a building).

Also, I'm not sold on the Payton is a genius mantra and wouldn't want to give up 2 1sts for Him.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I wouldn't be stoked at all, it would just mean We've failed with another Coach and would be starting over again and I'm getting too old and too long in My last surviving tooth to feel enthusiastic about another rebuild (even if JJ isn't the primary building contractor, He'll still be the client and would find a way to mess with the architect and construct an ugly neo-Soviet monstrosity of a building).

Also, I'm not sold on the Payton is a genius mantra and wouldn't want to give up 2 1sts for Him.
I'm with ya.

kskboys

Reaction score

You have a tooth left? Lucky dawg!!!!

Payton is revered on these boards for some weird reason?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I would give up several first round picks if it meant Jerry was not the GM.
The front office is our biggest obstacle towards being a successful franchise at the point.