How the players will look at Dak next year, knowing he will choke

Diehardblues

Reaction score
3 years straight now and same result . . . Many. of the coaches and players have changed

Same exact result . . . Only playoff game we won was the one Zeke put us on His back . . . Every other one is the same old same old . . ..struggle early then make a valiant come back . . . defense takes all the heat and he gets a pass
He certainly shouldn’t be getting a pass . He continues to not perform well on the bigger stages .

No doubt our slow starts on offense are a major contributing factor to our struggles .

leeblair

Reaction score
The defense gave up the initial score driving it down our throats before Dak coughed it up for two interceptions. And even after we scored on back to back possessions to end the half and begin next half we had no answer on defense.

We gave up 7 TD‘s on their first 8 possessions. It was a total collapse or choke job from everyone including Dak.
You don't seem to think a defense gets tired when they have to play the game without help from the offense.
Or that they feel the momentum slipping away when the offense is giving their opponents points.
The Cowboys defense has issues, that's true. But, they are good enough to beat anyone if their offense does it's part.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
So I'll ask again . . . Are you saying Dak's play had no bearing on the defense?

It is either yes Dak put undue pressure on them which caused them to struggle or No they were gonna play terrible even if Dak did not continually put undue pressure in the Unit
If you watched the opening drive this defense was going to have one of those days. Turnovers always put strain on a defense, but even if the Cowboys got the game closer the defense just wasn't capable of stopping anything. The lead was cut by 10 pts to 17 and if the defense got a stop they would have had some chance to make a comeback. But it didn't matter becauase the d couldn't really stop anything.

Dak gifted a TD and set the Packers up nicely for another, but man get a stop, force a field goal. They still gave up 34 points on their own. Dak stunk and the defense stunk there's no debating that.

kwcool619

Reaction score
2 of the 4 TD’s given up on way to 27-0 was Daks fault.

But I was concerned when they drove opening kick off down our throats. And when we couldn’t stop them all day.

i shot down fans all season on the hype cause my hope all rest on our improved defense carrying our QB and offense .

And I don’t have a problem holding him responsible for his lousy play. Called it out against good teams all year along with other aspects. And I’ve knocked down Dak Homers as well.

But there are several moving pieces. We are not losing these games solely by our QB. Is it an important part. Certainly. Good teams and defenses have been giving him fits for his entire career. And he doesn’t play his best games on the biggest stages.

My history on my critique of Dak is on record for last 8 years but I’m not going to hold him completely responsible or troll Cowboy fans on this board cause our owner won’t draft an Elite QB. This team has many weaknesses including a culture which isn’t held accountable.
The last sentence. Period.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
It’s the one constant for this entire era. Which has been frustrating and disappointing going back well beyond 2016.

Our lack of an Elite QB is only part of the problem here. The fact you have no other issues with our team and organization says it all.

I’m one of the more harden critics and cynics on this site . I’m just not trolling Cowboys fans about our QB. There’s bigger fish to fry.
Our lack of an Elite QB is only part of the problem here.

Agreed, let's fix the QB and the other problems.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I found his post full of "Substance" and right on point
What is the point of arguing substance when the individual will ignore your arguments and do nothing but dissemble when challenged?

You have heard the saying about arguing with fools, I presume?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You don't seem to think a defense gets tired when they have to play the game without help from the offense.
Or that they feel the momentum slipping away when the offense is giving their opponents points.
The Cowboys defense has issues, that's true. But, they are good enough to beat anyone if their offense does it's part.
Actually that’s arguable. Against Miami the offense took the lead with 3 minutes left and couldn’t make one final stop to close game.

And the following week against Detroit took the lead in the waning moments only to let Lions drive the field and if not for idiocy by their HC stubbornly going for 2 would have lost that game too.

I knew that in order for this team to go further in playoffs we’d need our defense to carry our QB. And we know that if our offense starts slow we struggle. But yet our defense still let Packers stuff it down our throats on opening drive . Packers knew this as well and why they took the opening kick off instead of deferring like most teams do.

No doubt Prescott put us in a hole after interceptions but we know he struggles when down. And even when offense finally got going scoring on consecutive drives to end half and begin second half our defense had nothing .

If you told me our defense would give up 7 TD’s in their first 8 possessions not many would give us a chance either way. I totally understand defense feeding off of offense and our QB failed but a defense that was supposed to be the difference this year failed us too.

leeblair

Reaction score
Actually that’s arguable. Against Miami the offense took the lead with 3 minutes left and couldn’t make one final stop to close game.

And the following week against Detroit took the lead in the waning moments only to let Lions drive the field and if not for idiocy by their HC stubbornly going for 2 would have lost that game too.

I knew that in order for this team to go further in playoffs we’d need our defense to carry our QB. And we know that if our offense starts slow we struggle. But yet our defense still let Packers stuff it down our throats on opening drive . Packers knew this as well and why they took the opening kick off instead of deferring like most teams do.

No doubt Prescott put us in a hole after interceptions but we know he struggles when down. And even when offense finally got going scoring on consecutive drives to end half and begin second half our defense had nothing .

If you told me our defense would give up 7 TD’s in their first 8 possessions not many would give us a chance either way. I totally understand defense feeding off of offense and our QB failed but a defense that was supposed to be the difference this year failed us too.
The Miami game cannot be used as a reference for compariso because of some things that were going on in that game.
That last drive by the Lions never occurs if the Cowboys run out the clock- which they could have done- but refused and left 1:43 on the clock for the Lions to have time for a last drive. The 92 yd touchdown pass to CeeDee never happens except Derrick Barnes intentionally whiffed on a sack for a safety.

TheHerd

Reaction score
They won't look at Micah?

Where was Micah?
Or the entire defense? The entire team was a complete no show. No one on this team has a right to question anyone but themselves. Plank in own eye and such.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
The joke is over, and the truth has come to light.
The Cowboys players will know from day one of training camp that Dak will choke every time they play a team that won't lay down for them. They will know that their playoff hopes will end when they face any team that punches back.
Which might be what they want.
The players these days make so much money that the post season is just an intrusion on their offseason plans, and doesn't pay as much as the regular season games. Only those who can capitalize in the endorsement deals and commercials actually benefit from the post season.
No matter what they say, Dak is not a leader, except at the bank.
And that will lead to uninspired play, and eventually the wheels not only come off, but will be shattered beyond repair.
Brilliant! So blood, sweat and tears for 8 months to INTENTIONALLY go on vacation early NOT wanting to excel at your profession. Got it.

leeblair

Reaction score
Brilliant! So blood, sweat and tears for 8 months to INTENTIONALLY go on vacation early NOT wanting to excel at your profession. Got it.
Is that so hard to believe?
No, it's not.
But even if it's different, how much heart do you think players will put into it knowing they will lose in the end every year for the same reason?
They are human, and they know the truth, no matter what they say to reporters.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
The Cowboys players will know from day one of training camp that Dak will choke every time they play a team that won't lay down for them. They will know that their playoff hopes will end when they face any team that punches back.
The players these days make so much money that the post season is just an intrusion on their offseason plans, and doesn't pay as much as the regular season games. Only those who can capitalize in the endorsement deals and commercials actually benefit from the post season.
And that will lead to uninspired play, and eventually the wheels not only come off, but will be shattered beyond repair.
They all pretty much choked. They have to look in the mirror first.

leeblair

Reaction score
They all pretty much choked. They have to look in the mirror first.
I didn't see that.
I saw a defense worn out from a quarterback who spotted the Packers two touchdowns early, and who had to play the game by themselves- as usual in big games.
And, as usual, the group here who defends Dak uses that to try to defend him, but he caused it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I didn't see that.
I saw a defense worn out from a quarterback who spotted the Packers two touchdowns early, and who had to play the game by themselves- as usual in big games.
And, as usual, the group here who defends Dak uses that to try to defend him, but he caused it.
I seen a defense worn out from the opening drive.

Qcard

Reaction score
They will look at Film and realize Dak Haters have to be the dumbest fans alive.... :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: