How the players will look at Dak next year, knowing he will choke

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
How the players will look at Dak next year, knowing he will choke
They would need to look themselves in the mirror because not one player has the right to say anything. It was a total TEAM loss regardless of what you Anti-Dak/Cowboys Cult members here say. :)

tumblr_mmuuvpifCK1sp9fcho1_400.gif

zeke21

Reaction score
I didn't see that.
I saw a Cowboys team that got NOTHING from their quarterback, and recognized early on how the game would end.
Dak had opportunities but was so dependent on CeeDee that he missed other receivers who were open.
Yep.. said this during the game and straight after too.

Everyone jumping (rightly) on the defence but the reality is, once again, yep they gave up an opening TD to a fired up GB offence.. this game was predicted to a shootout early and then we were meant to break away as the game wore on.

Yes, of course I would have preferred a stop that first defensive series.. but it shouldn't be a melt down because we allowed one score. No one wants to talk about the fact that Dak comes out and stinks it up. Already the ENTIRE team knows its another 'Dak Day' coming. Defence comes out and gets a stop.. they GET the stop. They give Dak yet another chance to level it up and 'reset' the game.

Dak delivers the first int and gives up a 20 yard field. At that point, the defence KNEW that it was over. You could just see it in their faces. They can't defend 20 yards (which they are only a 14% chance to do)

Dak spuds in up the third series. Special Teams gives up a stupid stupid penalty. The Defence knows it is ground hog day. They go back out onto the field for their FOURTH series in just the first quarter and give up a long drive that includes 2 highlight reel worthy QB throws.

Dak then gives up the pick 6. The defence at that point just rolled over. I am not saying that is right.. but I really do think they just gave up at that point. I think this locker rooms knows more than any of us just how fragile Dak is and just how bad he is in key moments. They could see the writing on the wall.

Anyway it is a moot point but I do think the team is starting to see that Dak is just not the guy.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yep.. said this during the game and straight after too.

Everyone jumping (rightly) on the defence but the reality is, once again, yep they gave up an opening TD to a fired up GB offence.. this game was predicted to a shootout early and then we were meant to break away as the game wore on.

Yes, of course I would have preferred a stop that first defensive series.. but it shouldn't be a melt down because we allowed one score. No one wants to talk about the fact that Dak comes out and stinks it up. Already the ENTIRE team knows its another 'Dak Day' coming. Defence comes out and gets a stop.. they GET the stop. They give Dak yet another chance to level it up and 'reset' the game.

Dak delivers the first int and gives up a 20 yard field. At that point, the defence KNEW that it was over. You could just see it in their faces. They can't defend 20 yards (which they are only a 14% chance to do)

Dak spuds in up the third series. Special Teams gives up a stupid stupid penalty. The Defence knows it is ground hog day. They go back out onto the field for their FOURTH series in just the first quarter and give up a long drive that includes 2 highlight reel worthy QB throws.

Dak then gives up the pick 6. The defence at that point just rolled over. I am not saying that is right.. but I really do think they just gave up at that point. I think this locker rooms knows more than any of us just how fragile Dak is and just how bad he is in key moments. They could see the writing on the wall.

Anyway it is a moot point but I do think the team is starting to see that Dak is just not the guy.
nice

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The joke is over, and the truth has come to light.
The Cowboys players will know from day one of training camp that Dak will choke every time they play a team that won't lay down for them. They will know that their playoff hopes will end when they face any team that punches back.
Which might be what they want.
The players these days make so much money that the post season is just an intrusion on their offseason plans, and doesn't pay as much as the regular season games. Only those who can capitalize in the endorsement deals and commercials actually benefit from the post season.
No matter what they say, Dak is not a leader, except at the bank.
And that will lead to uninspired play, and eventually the wheels not only come off, but will be shattered beyond repair.
I would be willing to bet that most of the players on the team don't give a damn about Dak's play, they're just there to collect a check. Some might even admit they had no idea Dak had a bad game.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
They’ll stand by him just as he has stood by them when they’ve failed or made mistakes lol

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I didn't see that.
I saw a Cowboys team that got NOTHING from their quarterback, and recognized early on how the game would end.
Dak had opportunities but was so dependent on CeeDee that he missed other receivers who were open.
You didn't see the entire defense choke? If you missed that one I don't know what else to say other than you must have missed the game, lol. I'm not defending Dak's poor play he was certainly a big reason this Cowboys team is sitting at home, but there's much more at play here if you look at the entire picture.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The joke is over, and the truth has come to light.
The Cowboys players will know from day one of training camp that Dak will choke every time they play a team that won't lay down for them. They will know that their playoff hopes will end when they face any team that punches back.
Which might be what they want.
The players these days make so much money that the post season is just an intrusion on their offseason plans, and doesn't pay as much as the regular season games. Only those who can capitalize in the endorsement deals and commercials actually benefit from the post season.
No matter what they say, Dak is not a leader, except at the bank.
And that will lead to uninspired play, and eventually the wheels not only come off, but will be shattered beyond repair.
Ridiculous, do they also look to their left and right at players who clearly choked?
Do they smirk behind Parsons’ back when he talks after he choked?
Tell me, besides Ferguson, name one player who even looked like he did his job in that game.
GB scored 6 TDs on their first 7 possessions of the game. The defense never even forced a FG.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would be willing to bet that most of the players on the team don't give a damn about Dak's play, they're just there to collect a check. Some might even admit they had no idea Dak had a bad game.
The mentality of this post explains everything. Rock bottom.

leeblair

Reaction score
Ridiculous, do they also look to their left and right at players who clearly choked?
Do they smirk behind Parsons’ back when he talks after he choked?
Tell me, besides Ferguson, name one player who even looked like he did his job in that game.
GB scored 6 TDs on their first 7 possessions of the game. The defense never even forced a FG.
The offense never scored a point until the very end of the first half.
By that time Dak had missed a touchdown pass to Tolbert, thrown a pick six, and threw another interception to give the Packers the ball at the Cowboys twelve yard line that was an easy score for them.
So how can you blame anyone on defense?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The offense never scored a point until the very end of the first half.
By that time Dak had missed a touchdown pass to Tolbert, thrown a pick six, and threw another interception to give the Packers the ball at the Cowboys twelve yard line that was an easy score for them.
So how can you blame anyone on defense?
he can blame everybody because he thinks dak is as good as Mahomes. LMAO....maybe if Mahomes had a brother who wasn't good at any sports, then he would be correct.