How the players will look at Dak next year, knowing he will choke

leeblair

Reaction score
You didn't see the entire defense choke? If you missed that one I don't know what else to say other than you must have missed the game, lol. I'm not defending Dak's poor play he was certainly a big reason this Cowboys team is sitting at home, but there's much more at play here if you look at the entire picture.
How did the defense choke?
Dak threw a pick six, threw another interception at his own twelve giving the Packers an easy score, and missed a touchdown pass to Tolbert.
The Cowboys were down by 27 points in the second quarter- 14 of which Dak gave to the Packers and he provided NONE for the Cowboys. And he threw two more passes that should have been interceptions but were dropped.
These are facts.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
How will they look at themselves when and if Dak is gone. Especially on the defensive side of the football?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
playing with dak is like playing with a guy who can't hit any free throws. When they are one second on the clock and that guy has to hit 2 free throws to win you know that isn't ever happening. That's dak......get used to it. here we go.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
The joke is over, and the truth has come to light.
The Cowboys players will know from day one of training camp that Dak will choke every time they play a team that won't lay down for them. They will know that their playoff hopes will end when they face any team that punches back.
Which might be what they want.
The players these days make so much money that the post season is just an intrusion on their offseason plans, and doesn't pay as much as the regular season games. Only those who can capitalize in the endorsement deals and commercials actually benefit from the post season.
No matter what they say, Dak is not a leader, except at the bank.
And that will lead to uninspired play, and eventually the wheels not only come off, but will be shattered beyond repair.
He's a choke artist. But nobody on the team can say a word. They all played a horrific game, minus Ferguson and the offensive line.

The defense played every bit as bad as Dak. And cedee didn't help matters either with his drops.

They can all collectively share the blame. But they can be pissed if Dak gets an extension after that crap, which will probably happen.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
How did the defense choke?
Dak threw a pick six, threw another interception at his own twelve giving the Packers an easy score, and missed a touchdown pass to Tolbert.
The Cowboys were down by 27 points in the second quarter- 14 of which Dak gave to the Packers and he provided NONE for the Cowboys. And he threw two more passes that should have been interceptions but were dropped.
These are facts.

Yes so by your logic and reasonings no one else on the team will take it amongst themselves to improve upon their part to help the Cowboys win in the playoffs. Since even after Dak is gone they can use the mentality that it's all on the QB and they themselves has nothing to work on and it's fine for them to allow offenses to punch them in the mouths, as long as they can say it's the QBs fault for themselves getting bullied by any physical offense they go up against.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He will hip dance his way back into their hearts
dak-prescott-dak.gif
the stupidest crap in the NFL..

leeblair

Reaction score
Yes so by your logic and reasonings no one else on the team will take it amongst themselves to improve upon their part to help the Cowboys win in the playoffs. Since even after Dak is gone they can use the mentality that it's all on the QB and they themselves has nothing to work on and it's fine for them to allow offenses to punch them in the mouths, as long as they can say it's the QBs fault for themselves getting bullied by any physical offense they go up against.
Absolutely not. Every player must strive to be better.
However, one player was the catalyst that helped the Packers the most, and that is obvious.
As a person, Dak seems like a great guy, but that doesn't excuse his failures that repeatedly have ended the Cowboys seasons.
The Cowboys KNOW they would be a better team without Dak, and now that is indisputable.
It will haunt them going forward, knowing how the season will end.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
He's a choke artist. But nobody on the team can say a word. They all played a horrific game, minus Ferguson and the offensive line.

The defense played every bit as bad as Dak. And cedee didn't help matters either with his drops.

They can all collectively share the blame. But they can be pissed if Dak gets an extension after that crap, which will probably happen.
My question is simply if the rest of the team takes a "It's not my fault our unit played badly it's all on the QB and he's the reason for our poor play and I don't have to do anything to better my team's odds of succeeding in the postseason." Then how can we trust that this team will then do any better when there's a new Cowboys QB. Since they will avoid taking accountability for their own individual play and are less likely to do anything to improve the unit they work with if they had the mentality that it's all on one player for the whole team failing to advance deeply in the playoffs.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
However, one player was the catalyst that helped the Packers the most, and that is obvious.
As a person, Dak seems like a great guy, but that doesn't excuse his failures that repeatedly have ended the Cowboys seasons.
The Cowboys KNOW they would be a better team without Dak, and now that is indisputable.
It is the first year in the system and they were still running slants all at the same depth. That is what the Packers were keying in on with the picks.

You are oversimplifying things to the point of absurdity.

leeblair

Reaction score
My question is simply if the rest of the team takes a "It's not my fault our unit played badly it's all on the QB and he's the reason for our poor play and I don't have to do anything to better my team's odds of succeeding in the postseason." Then how can we trust that this team will then do any better when there's a new Cowboys QB. Since they will avoid taking accountability for their own individual play and are less likely to do anything to improve the unit they work with if they had the mentality that it's all on one player for the whole team failing to advance deeply in the playoffs.
It's simple; Dak needs to be let go. He doesn't deserve a spot on the roster. He has spent eight seasons trying to be the Cowboys quarterback but has always let them down in crunch time.
Anyone else who doesn't get the job done repeatedly needs to be let go, as well.
The Cowboys have to start building a championship team somewhere, and it only makes sense to start by getting rid of the most obvious problem.
Then they may need to get rid of some more who can't cut it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
he can blame everybody because he thinks dak is as good as Mahomes. LMAO....maybe if Mahomes had a brother who wasn't good at any sports, then he would be correct.
I don’t think he’s as good. I think he’s better.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

By your own logic. The defensive players won't take accountability for their own poor play because they will always find a way to blame someone else on the offensive side if the ball or Dak's replacement QB. Like you're saying the defense blames Dak and only Dak for they themselves giving up scoring drive after scoring drive to the Packers since the game started. Somehow they don't have to take self accountability for the other points they gave up outside of the 14 Dak helped the Packers get if they can say it's only his fault for how they whole team played.

So what are they going to do when a rookie QB comes in and has a shaky game. decide that they don't have to make a effort to play well on their side of the ball outside of the short fields they have to defend off of that QB's turnovers? Because it's not like the only points the defense really gave up was off of Dak's turnovers or off of short fields. They made it easy on Jordan Love by leaving guys wide open and unchallenged.

Dak didn't play well and had a terrible game. I'm open to moving on from him. But that doesn't mean I want filled with players pointing fingers at one player for a game the whole team played horribly in. And acting like they don't have to look at themselves to see if they can improve their game to better their team's odds of fixing what he holding them back from making a deep playoff run.