How the players will look at Dak next year, knowing he will choke

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's simple; Dak needs to be let go. He doesn't deserve a spot on the roster. He has spent eight seasons trying to be the Cowboys quarterback but has always let them down in crunch time.
Anyone else who doesn't get the job done repeatedly needs to be let go, as well.
The Cowboys have to start building a championship team somewhere, and it only makes sense to start by getting rid of the most obvious problem.
Then they may need to get rid of some more who can't cut it.
The obvious, problem is the owner you just don’t wanna believe it. We all know the agenda.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
37161841_274074940030132_6305363469176668160_n.png
dak choked again.....

leeblair

Reaction score
By your own logic. The defensive players won't take accountability for their own poor play because they will always find a way to blame someone else on the offensive side if the ball or Dak's replacement QB. Like you're saying the defense blames Dak and only Dak for they themselves giving up scoring drive after scoring drive to the Packers since the game started. Somehow they don't have to take self accountability for the other points they gave up outside of the 14 Dak helped the Packers get if they can say it's only his fault for how they whole team played.

So what are they going to do when a rookie QB comes in and has a shaky game. decide that they don't have to make a effort to play well on their side of the ball outside of the short fields they have to defend off of that QB's turnovers? Because it's not like the only points the defense really gave up was off of Dak's turnovers or off of short fields. They made it easy on Jordan Love by leaving guys wide open and unchallenged.

Dak didn't play well and had a terrible game. I'm open to moving on from him. But that doesn't mean I want filled with players pointing fingers at one player for a game the whole team played horribly in. And acting like they don't have to look at themselves to see if they can improve their game to better their team's odds of fixing what he holding them back from making a deep playoff run.
It's called "coaching".
The Cowboys have to get rid of the problems they can't fix, improve on the level of play at every position, whether that be by cutting, coaching, or adjusting, and they can't expect 54 men to go into battle knowing the 55th will hold them back.
So whoever can't cut it has to go.
Might as well start with the player who has shown that he will choke in every big moment. It's not guesswork; thry have seen it for eight seasons.

leeblair

Reaction score
T. Diggs already told us how other players feel about Dak during camp!
Maybe Diggs needs to go, too. If he thinks Dak is elite despite what we've all seen, maybe he's a big part of the problem.

Creeper

Reaction score
Who on that team not named Ferguson, and Gallup, can say they played a better game than Dak? No one has any reason to look differently at Dak because they all stunk up the joint.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The joke is over, and the truth has come to light.
The Cowboys players will know from day one of training camp that Dak will choke every time they play a team that won't lay down for them. They will know that their playoff hopes will end when they face any team that punches back.
Which might be what they want.
The players these days make so much money that the post season is just an intrusion on their offseason plans, and doesn't pay as much as the regular season games. Only those who can capitalize in the endorsement deals and commercials actually benefit from the post season.
No matter what they say, Dak is not a leader, except at the bank.
And that will lead to uninspired play, and eventually the wheels not only come off, but will be shattered beyond repair.
Thread after thread of hate from you. Mental issues?

zeke21

Reaction score
By your own logic. The defensive players won't take accountability for their own poor play because they will always find a way to blame someone else on the offensive side if the ball or Dak's replacement QB. Like you're saying the defense blames Dak and only Dak for they themselves giving up scoring drive after scoring drive to the Packers since the game started. Somehow they don't have to take self accountability for the other points they gave up outside of the 14 Dak helped the Packers get if they can say it's only his fault for how they whole team played.

So what are they going to do when a rookie QB comes in and has a shaky game. decide that they don't have to make a effort to play well on their side of the ball outside of the short fields they have to defend off of that QB's turnovers? Because it's not like the only points the defense really gave up was off of Dak's turnovers or off of short fields. They made it easy on Jordan Love by leaving guys wide open and unchallenged.

Dak didn't play well and had a terrible game. I'm open to moving on from him. But that doesn't mean I want filled with players pointing fingers at one player for a game the whole team played horribly in. And acting like they don't have to look at themselves to see if they can improve their game to better their team's odds of fixing what he holding them back from making a deep playoff run.
I think the defensive players do take accountability.. but they are an undersized unit. They are literally BUILT to compliment our offence. They are designed as pass defence.. to rush the QB and create turnovers. They are designed to be a bend and not break. As a % of our salary cap.. they make less than league average. We do not spend on Defence in either the cap or draft.

SO no the defence should not get a free pass.. they didn't get the job done. BUT there are legitimate arguments you can make for plays, moments and situations. No point hating on Bell because he can't stop a powering RB going up the guts on the goal line. Bell didn't 'spud' it up.. he just isn't big enough or good enough to play that role or position.

However you look at the offence and what offences in general need:
- Healthy starters - check. We had no one of significance missing
- Good Oline - Check. They create a few little run plays earlier, kept the pocket mostly clean and only gave up one sack 'on them' - despite us running 60+ passing plays.
- Good Run game - Check. The run game actually started ok, we have solid players.. but we had to go away from it after Daks collapse.
- Strong TEs/check downs - Check. Ferg came to play.
- Solid scheme - Check. Might be old school but MM is running a SB level scheme. We had hi/lo concepts, PA. Probably lacking presnap motion and disguise.
- Solid WR1 - Check. CeeDee potentially top 3 WR in the whole league
- Solid WR2/3 - Check. Cook, Gallup, Tolbert all shown they can catch, deep balls, solid route runners.
- Solid QB - Check (??). We have a a top 5 paid QB who believes he is elite.

So the offence unit has EVERYTHING it needs to be dominant. There are no gaps. None. It should not matter what the defence does.. this offence is designed to score and score big. They were also going up against a weak GB secondary.. this is a defence that has conceded plenty of points to just about everybody.

I am sick of explaining how football works to some.. but this is how our team is set up. It is set up to be dominant on the offence, tidy on special teams and then leverage that to 'cover' our lack of run defence, safeties, linebackers and a heap more.

I would also argue that if you look at the offensive performance against Green Bay.. not every aspect failed. MM can get some of the blame, his play calling and route tree are limited. You can't blame the Oline.. they actually rated as 'elite'. The run game never even got a chance. The tape shows the WRs had opportunities, were running their routes well.

The bit that failed was Dak. Whether you like it or not, the QB is the most important position in all of team sports. Dak is 80% responsible for the loss. If Dak plays better, then we win that game easily without changing anything else. Dak hits his throws in that first series, levels up the game.. doesn't give away the first INT.. then we go ahead.. doesn't give up the pick 6 then we are 2 scores in front and the pass rush goes to work against a young and panicking QB and suddenly the game looks very very different. They get a sack or two, maybe an INT.. the crowd gets into it. Very different game.

Dak blew it. I don't know how this is not more obvious to some. He literally singlehandedly cost us the game. He was historically bad. The worst quarter of QB play in a playoff in 40+ years. The highest paid guy, the most important position in sports and he not just didn't excel but but actively hurt our team.. he gave up 14 points.. in one half. I really just can not believe there are some still defending this guy.

If Cousins or Mayfield or Goff et al put in a performance like this.. there wouldn't be a single defender out there. Dak has this cult like following that I just don't understand. He has done nothing to deserve it. Absolutely nothing. At All. Ever.

leeblair

Reaction score
I don't hate Dak, but the Cowboys have to get better if they don't want to continue being embarrassed every year.
Dak may be a great guy personally, but he doesn't deserve a spot on the Cowboys roster- and that's obvious.
If the Cowboys want to improve they have to start with the most obvious weakness.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
New game plan for next season is dak plays the regular season than rush and Lance play in the playoffs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't hate Dak, but the Cowboys have to get better if they don't want to continue being embarrassed every year.
Dak may be a great guy personally, but he doesn't deserve a spot on the Cowboys roster- and that's obvious.
If the Cowboys want to improve they have to start with the most obvious weakness.
Bull****, you hate Dak and everyone else in the organization. Dude, you come here everyday creating threads *****ing about it all.

leeblair

Reaction score
Bull****, you hate Dak and everyone else in the organization. Dude, you come here everyday creating threads *****ing about it all.
Why are you attacking me?
I am just objectively looking at what the Cowboys need to do to improve.
I'm sorry you don't like it, but in real football you get rid of the problems if you want to improve.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Why are you attacking me?
I am just objectively looking at what the Cowboys need to do to improve.
I'm sorry you don't like it, but in real football you get rid of the problems if you want to improve.
We’re all tired of your constant whining. You’ve been whining all season, except after a win where you disappear until the next loss.

leeblair

Reaction score
We’re all tired of your constant whining. You’ve been whining all season, except after a win where you disappear until the next loss.
I guess you're gonna cry to the mods to delete this thread, too?
Everyone is sick of you shoving Dak down their throats and not caring if he makes the Cowboys weaker.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It's 'subtle' trolling. It lacks any substance and when you challenge it, it becomes readily apparent. He doesn't stand behind his claims really.

He has gotten 4 pages and half a day of attention out of it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I guess you're gonna cry to the mods to delete this thread, too?
Everyone is sick of you shoving Dak down their throats and not caring if he makes the Cowboys weaker.
I don’t cry to the mods.