How the players will look at Dak next year, knowing he will choke

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is laughable….you say if Dak plays better then we win that game easily. You have no way of knowing that; especially since the defense let GB’s offense run up and down the field and score at will.
Dak stunk up the game like most of our team. Don’t let them bait you in. They have only 1 target.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What’s best for the Star isn’t a possibility. Jethro isn’t leaving. For some reason they won’t attack or troll him.

Most Cowboy fans are more in the middle on Prescott. Trolling Cowboys Nation over our QB is a lazy analysis. He’s not only thing holding us back. It’s a one trick pony show.

No , these troll like gigs here much like the Stephen A’s of the world I intend to keep bringing attention to. I’ll take them on much like I’ve taken on the homers.
Blame Jerry is the go-to excuse, isn't it?
You are Troll # 1 trying to excuse the primary reason why this team since 2016 hasn't been in an SB even though the talent has been there.
All CZ members do not doubt that Diehardtroll is a Dak-Stain 100% so anything he posts is to push the I love Dak agenda.
He sells neutral but in his heart, it burns for # 4...................

vicjagger

Reaction score
The joke is over, and the truth has come to light.
The Cowboys players will know from day one of training camp that Dak will choke every time they play a team that won't lay down for them. They will know that their playoff hopes will end when they face any team that punches back.
Which might be what they want.
The players these days make so much money that the post season is just an intrusion on their offseason plans, and doesn't pay as much as the regular season games. Only those who can capitalize in the endorsement deals and commercials actually benefit from the post season.
No matter what they say, Dak is not a leader, except at the bank.
And that will lead to uninspired play, and eventually the wheels not only come off, but will be shattered beyond repair.
Fortunately for (former) fans the path out of this hell is a simple one as there of plenty of other options on Sundays. But it must really suck to be a player on this team knowing the situation is hopeless.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Blame Jerry is the go-to excuse, isn't it?
You are Troll # 1 trying to excuse the primary reason why this team since 2016 hasn't been in an SB even though the talent has been there.
All CZ members do not doubt that Diehardtroll is a Dak-Stain 100% so anything he posts is to push the I love Dak agenda.
He sells neutral but in his heart, it burns for # 4...................
It’s the one constant for this entire era. Which has been frustrating and disappointing going back well beyond 2016.

Our lack of an Elite QB is only part of the problem here. The fact you have no other issues with our team and organization says it all.

I’m one of the more harden critics and cynics on this site . I’m just not trolling Cowboys fans about our QB. There’s bigger fish to fry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fortunately for (former) fans the path out of this hell is a simple one as there of plenty of other options on Sundays. But it must really suck to be a player on this team knowing the situation is hopeless.
The good news is hopeless pays very well. Consider over half of the leagues payroll doesn’t even make the playoffs .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh yeah? Then explain the total lack of focus for the biggest game of the season. Not a single player on the field wearing white seemed like they wanted to be there.
The pressure of the playoffs must becoming too much. It was a total choke job from everyone on the roster including coaching staff.

It’s obvious from our key stars like Prescott and Parsons they aren’t able to shut out the noise which is a poisonous venom. Once you start down that road difficult to step it back.

And our HC is obviously taking it in too and how he comes up with pushing buying in. That’s directly from the noise.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh yeah? Then explain the total lack of focus for the biggest game of the season. Not a single player on the field wearing white seemed like they wanted to be there.
If you can understand preparation, coaching, you don’t even belong here

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The pressure of the playoffs must becoming too much. It was a total choke job from everyone on the roster including coaching staff.

It’s obvious from our key stars like Prescott and Parsons they aren’t able to shut out the noise which is a poisonous venom. Once you start down that road difficult to step it back.

And our HC is obviously taking it in too and how he comes up with pushing buying in. That’s directly from the noise.
Yeah, but he’s blaming one player the quarterback

glimmerman

Reaction score
Same posts as last year. It’s a team game. Defense cant stop the run. Offense cant run the ball. You have a QB throwing the ball 60 times in a game..

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Such a well thought out well written and grammatically written post. Feel like I’m in elementary. Lol

Do these people not realize we see right thru their agendas here. So sad!!

The Avatar says it all:)
Funny, I haven't seen a post from you criticizing grammar on the other side of the fence. And I've seen many that looked like they were written by a 10 year old.

But your post wasn't agenda driven, correct? :)

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think the defensive players do take accountability.. but they are an undersized unit. They are literally BUILT to compliment our offence. They are designed as pass defence.. to rush the QB and create turnovers. They are designed to be a bend and not break. As a % of our salary cap.. they make less than league average. We do not spend on Defence in either the cap or draft.

SO no the defence should not get a free pass.. they didn't get the job done. BUT there are legitimate arguments you can make for plays, moments and situations. No point hating on Bell because he can't stop a powering RB going up the guts on the goal line. Bell didn't 'spud' it up.. he just isn't big enough or good enough to play that role or position.

However you look at the offence and what offences in general need:
- Healthy starters - check. We had no one of significance missing
- Good Oline - Check. They create a few little run plays earlier, kept the pocket mostly clean and only gave up one sack 'on them' - despite us running 60+ passing plays.
- Good Run game - Check. The run game actually started ok, we have solid players.. but we had to go away from it after Daks collapse.
- Strong TEs/check downs - Check. Ferg came to play.
- Solid scheme - Check. Might be old school but MM is running a SB level scheme. We had hi/lo concepts, PA. Probably lacking presnap motion and disguise.
- Solid WR1 - Check. CeeDee potentially top 3 WR in the whole league
- Solid WR2/3 - Check. Cook, Gallup, Tolbert all shown they can catch, deep balls, solid route runners.
- Solid QB - Check (??). We have a a top 5 paid QB who believes he is elite.

So the offence unit has EVERYTHING it needs to be dominant. There are no gaps. None. It should not matter what the defence does.. this offence is designed to score and score big. They were also going up against a weak GB secondary.. this is a defence that has conceded plenty of points to just about everybody.

I am sick of explaining how football works to some.. but this is how our team is set up. It is set up to be dominant on the offence, tidy on special teams and then leverage that to 'cover' our lack of run defence, safeties, linebackers and a heap more.

I would also argue that if you look at the offensive performance against Green Bay.. not every aspect failed. MM can get some of the blame, his play calling and route tree are limited. You can't blame the Oline.. they actually rated as 'elite'. The run game never even got a chance. The tape shows the WRs had opportunities, were running their routes well.

The bit that failed was Dak. Whether you like it or not, the QB is the most important position in all of team sports. Dak is 80% responsible for the loss. If Dak plays better, then we win that game easily without changing anything else. Dak hits his throws in that first series, levels up the game.. doesn't give away the first INT.. then we go ahead.. doesn't give up the pick 6 then we are 2 scores in front and the pass rush goes to work against a young and panicking QB and suddenly the game looks very very different. They get a sack or two, maybe an INT.. the crowd gets into it. Very different game.

Dak blew it. I don't know how this is not more obvious to some. He literally singlehandedly cost us the game. He was historically bad. The worst quarter of QB play in a playoff in 40+ years. The highest paid guy, the most important position in sports and he not just didn't excel but but actively hurt our team.. he gave up 14 points.. in one half. I really just can not believe there are some still defending this guy.

If Cousins or Mayfield or Goff et al put in a performance like this.. there wouldn't be a single defender out there. Dak has this cult like following that I just don't understand. He has done nothing to deserve it. Absolutely nothing. At All. Ever.
I blame all the content creators from 2016 . . gave a lot of clueless fans something to Parrot. The reason there is undying delusional love for Dak is because of the way Jerry dumped Romo. Dak's Fan Boys backed themselves into a corner and have defending that moronic decision ever since.

One of the biggest complaints about CD was that he got pushed in the back . . Which is what they heard from Irvin

I actually kind of feel sorry for the Fan Boy's . . . Could you imagine calling yourself a fan of the NFL and then continue to defend the undefendable. . . You would have to be schizophrenic

As hard as it is to watch . . . Coming here and watching the Fan Boys squirm and twist everything can be a delight . . . All tho we have all been dragged along. . . They are the ones who actually wanted this mess

NotForLong

Reaction score
Funny, I haven't seen a post from you criticizing grammar on the other side of the fence. And I've seen many that looked like they were written by a 10 year old.

But your post wasn't agenda driven, correct? :)
When you are in denial just accuse someone of having an agenda . . . I love modern discussions . . . They are always filled with Hate & Agendas . . . Not actual Hate & Agendas . . . just the Words

Usually comes out of the mouths of those who can't defend their point of view

NotForLong

Reaction score
It's 'subtle' trolling. It lacks any substance and when you challenge it, it becomes readily apparent. He doesn't stand behind his claims really.

He has gotten 4 pages and half a day of attention out of it.
I found his post full of "Substance" and right on point