How to change the culture of this team

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly what needs to happen to change the culture of this team? Who exactly on this team do you trust to change the culture so that we're able to transition from where we've been, to where we need to go?

Do we have enough leadership on this team to do this, will everyone buy in to 1 common goal? Please give your thoughts on this topic!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t think they care or want to change anything.

The playoff loss should’ve had them making big moves but they’re just doing the same thing that gets the same results.

Best thing to do is not take this team seriously or even think about getting your hopes up until it’s playoff time.

They literally told us they were too tired to play playoff football lol. Like come on it’s a clown show.

If they don’t pay Dak and just take the L for this next season then maybe I’ll have some hope going forward that they can build a super team but you know they won’t.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The playoff loss should’ve had them making big moves but they’re just doing the same thing that gets the same results.

Best thing to do is not take this team seriously or even think about getting your hopes up until it’s playoff time.

They literally told us they were too tired to play playoff football lol. Like come on it’s a clown show.

If they don’t pay Dak and just take the L for this next season then maybe I’ll have some hope going forward that they can build a super team but you know they won’t.
So you mean the playoff loss LAST season???

I'm onboard with trying to get people to NOT get excited about anything with this team, we will have some good wins etc etc, maybe even make a few moves have a solid draft, but in the playoffs, WHAT are we going to do is the question

Jipper

Reaction score
Jerry needs to be gone...that's the only thing that will change anything with this team

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

One of the super fans told me that everyone on the team wants to play in a super bowl. Their lack of effort against GB because they were 'too tired' says otherwise. The players on this team only care about their pay checks.

Where has Dak been since the game ended? He just disappeared. And this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I've had enough of his "I need to get better" comments over and over. But at some point he's going to have to come back out from under his rock and face the music.

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
But, culture isn't the reason the Cowboys lost to GB.
They were tired and didn't feel like playing, that's why. They have an owner who praises them for their regular season accomplishments, so much so the post season games don't mean anything and winning isn't expected.

I would be pissed if I had paid a lot of money to go to the game and then heard the players say afterwards they didn't try because they were tired. And people wonder why I bash the franchise.

LysleE

Reaction score
The Jones family has owned this team for 28-29 years and are the only constants over this period of mediocrity…living off of Super Bowl victories of which they played no active role.
Over the past several years we all have heard the FO’s rhetoric about how close this team is to winning a championship; but the lack of quality FA acquisitions, questionable drafting, inability to develop players says otherwise. And when combined with this culture of entitlement for just being a Cowboy along with a complete lack of organizational accountability…well…are we surprised that things haven’t changed?
I’m not holding my breath for change…that has to come from the top-down and we all know that will never come so long as the Jones family remain the owners.

Jipper

Reaction score
WRONG.

Jerry will be gone sooner or later, but as long as the last name "Jones" is the owner, I don't see anything changing.

Worlds most profitable NFL team baby, and don't you forget it!
You can think whatever you want but the only constant in the last 30 years is Jerry Jones....nobody knows what Stephen is going to be like but he's not going to be Jerry that is certain...whether that is. Positive or a negative is yet to be seen

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Jones family has owned this team for 28-29 years and are the only constants over this period of mediocrity…living off of Super Bowl victories of which they played no active role.
Over the past several years we all have heard the FO’s rhetoric about how close this team is to winning a championship; but the lack of quality FA acquisitions, questionable drafting, inability to develop players says otherwise. And when combined with this culture of entitlement for just being a Cowboy along with a complete lack of organizational accountability…well…are we surprised that things haven’t changed?
I’m not holding my breath for change…that has to come from the top-down and we all know that will never come so long as the Jones family remain the owners.
Unfortunately true.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
it's never happening. It's soft from the top down, get used to it or get gone. We love you Jerry

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The reality is the Cowboys are a family business football. A successful season for the Joneses is to win 10+ games, get a playoff game at home, and get that billion in merchandise. Since the Super Bowl the Cowboys are talked about more than any other team. That is the reason it will never stop. The reality is Super Bowls mean little to the Joneses. If they had a choice of winning 1 Super Bowl then have 4 straight losing seasons over 5 playoff appearances and 5 early playoff exits they are choosing the latter because it’s best for business.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
You can think whatever you want but the only constant in the last 30 years is Jerry Jones....nobody knows what Stephen is going to be like but he's not going to be Jerry that is certain...whether that is. Positive or a negative is yet to be seen
Stephen is worse than his dad unless his hands are off football related.

shabazz

Reaction score
Like I've said before, this is a business suited for fantasyland. It's worth is based solely on perception and Fandom.

Any business with failure at the REAL goal of succeeding would have a board of directors that would have changed management 20 years ago.....but for here success is measured in net worth rather than championships.....fantasyland

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has owned the team 35 years. When he started, he hired a great HC who had in it his contract to control player personnel and have complete control of the team. After Jimmy left in early 1994, Jerry seized full control and has never allowed a head coach since to have that level of control.

In his first 5 years as owner, Jerry was so busy getting the business end of things done, Jimmy was the one putting together the personnel moves that led this team to winning 3 SBs in 4 years. (Jimmy was here for only two of those SB wins but it was his players and his roster development that led to those SBs)

Put it another way. in the Jerry era, this team won 11 playoff games in 6 years. In the following 28 years, we have won 4 playoff games. It’s pretty obvious Jerry Jones does not know how to build a championship level roster without major help. And he doesn’t like getting help or admitting mistakes. Thus we have the last 28 seasons and counting.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I've said before, this is a business suited for fantasyland. It's worth is based solely on perception and Fandom.

Any business with failure at the REAL goal of succeeding would have a board of directors that would have changed management 20 years ago.....but for here success is measured in net worth rather than championships.....fantasyland
I wish I could give this 100 likes. The absolute truth.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly what needs to happen to change the culture of this team?
XWTQ0Eu.jpg

Any questions?