How to change the culture of this team

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jones family has owned this team for 28-29 years and are the only constants over this period of mediocrity…living off of Super Bowl victories of which they played no active role.
Where were you from 1989 through the 90's.
They had very active roles for being the winningest team of the decade.

But That does not fit your narrative and agenda.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
lol i'm laughing but it's not funny at all, we're spending all this money myself included (going to games) for a losing product with a few highlights every year
Cowboy fans certainly have a funny way of showing their displeasure for the product.

They’ve rewarded the owner for the product he’s produced. I’ve just assumed they love and support what he’s produced.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
XWTQ0Eu.jpg

Any questions?
This ^^^.

If the Jones boys focused on what they do well - business - and officially hired and empowered someone who is qualified to serve as a real GM, we would instantly join the modern era of professional sports. Instead of watching a family play fantasy football because “it’s fun”.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what about now though???
What a about it?

Each fan to their own way. Maybe some of the fans need a change. :lmao:

I am as disappointed as the next fan, but whining about it and Jerry does nothing. If it makes one feel better, so be it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboy fans certainly have a funny way of showing their displeasure for the product.

They’ve rewarded the owner for the product he’s produced. I’ve just assumed they love and support what he’s produced.
he's one hell of a salesman

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a about it?

Each fan to their own way. Maybe some of the fans need a change. :lmao:

I am as disappointed as the next fan, but whining about it and Jerry does nothing. If it makes one feel better, so be it.
How is it whining??? Is a blog forum a BEAUTIFUL blog forum for us to DISCUSS how we feel. Damn you're right man, but if only jerry could get on here, see our THOUGHTS and listen to what us little guys feel!!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is it whining??? Is a blog forum a BEAUTIFUL blog forum for us to DISCUSS how we feel. Damn you're right man, but if only jerry could get on here, see our THOUGHTS and listen to what us little guys feel!!!
It is whining when there is some positive news, but fans turn it into a negative, constantly on every news items.

Jerry could trade Lance for Mahomes, and someone will find fault with it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course not. But for fans to act like Jerry had nothing to do with those SB's in crazy. They have an agenda.
Of course he had something to do with it. He hired Jimmy and gave him Carta Blanc.

For all the reasons we had success early with him we haven’t had since.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is whining when there is some positive news, but fans turn it into a negative, constantly on every news items.

Jerry could trade Lance for Mahomes, and someone will find fault with it.
I kinda doubt that he would be bashed for trading Lance for Mahomes. I’d suggest another example.

I don’t think everyone bashes every move or decision. But they do bash the end results which is comprised of some good and bad decisions.

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course not. But for fans to act like Jerry had nothing to do with those SB's in crazy. They have an agenda.
Jazz, of course Jerry deserves some ”credit” for those 3 SBs. But that was three decades ago. Are we supposed to continue offering praise for something that happened so long ago, most players on this current roster weren’t even born? The only agenda I have is to win a championship.

I don’t hate JJ and respect his business talents. But come on man, I don’t think expecting better results from our GM is whining or an agenda. We all know that 31 other owners would have long ago fired a GM with 5 playoff wins in 28 years. Jerry the owner himself has even said HE would have fired this GM.

IMO, this situation with JJ as the GM and his son as the “shadow” GM isn’t working as the results clearly show. This team has had some regular season success but for whatever reason cannot seem to translate that to playoff wins.

Expecting the same guys to suddenly find success doing the same things (“their way”) over and over again is to me the classic definition of insanity.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Since Jerry owns the “passes”, yes, :laugh:
I’ve always maintained the fans ultimately own the power. It’s why our owner continues publicly pleading his hype and hope. He knows without our support his ways wouldn’t be possible.