How to change the culture of this team

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is whining when there is some positive news, but fans turn it into a negative, constantly on every news items.

Jerry could trade Lance for Mahomes, and someone will find fault with it.
no disputing this!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jazz, of course Jerry deserves some ”credit” for those 3 SBs. But that was three decades ago. Are we supposed to continue offering praise for something that happened so long ago, most players on this current roster weren’t even born? The only agenda I have is to win a championship.

I don’t hate JJ and respect his business talents. But come on man, I don’t think expecting better results from our GM is whining or an agenda. We all know that 31 other owners would have long ago fired a GM with 5 playoff wins in 28 years. Jerry the owner himself has even said HE would have fired this GM.

IMO, this situation with JJ as the GM and his son as the “shadow” GM isn’t working as the results clearly show. This team has had some regular season success but for whatever reason cannot seem to translate that to playoff wins.

Expecting the same guys to suddenly find success doing the same things (“their way”) over and over again is to me the classic definition of insanity.
:hammer:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I admit I’m a Cowboys junkie. But I have pulled back tremendously financially.

And I still watch every game. But with equal TV revenue it wouldn’t matter which game I watch.

I’m not going to totally turn off NFL cause I despise what our owner has done to Cowboys Football.

But I can adjust my attitudes and expectations. Our owner has even addressed publicly the apathy many fans like me are experiencing.

It’s why he stays in the spotlight attempting to spin the narrative with hype and promote his brand. Obviously he’s winning . I waved my white flag years ago.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

And I still watch every game. But with equal TV revenue it wouldn’t matter which game I watch.

I’m not going to totally turn off NFL cause I despise what our owner has done to Cowboys Football.

But I can adjust my attitudes and expectations. Our owner has even addressed publicly the apathy many fans like me are experiencing.

It’s why he stays in the spotlight attempting to spin the narrative and hype and promote his brand. Obviously he’s winning . I waved my white flag years ago.
Spot on sir!!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jazz, of course Jerry deserves some ”credit” for those 3 SBs. But that was three decades ago. Are we supposed to continue offering praise for something that happened so long ago, most players on this current roster weren’t even born? The only agenda I have is to win a championship.
Of course not. My point was in response that the poster was acting as if Jerry had nothing to do with those SB's and the success of the 90's.
I was responding accordingly to that time frame. If one wants to cherry pick the last 28 years, why leave out the success of the SB's to try to make that point

Troy Aikman at that time won more games (if one goes by QB wins) more than any QB in. a decade. Not sure if any QB done that since. Maybe Brady, and now Mahomes has a chance at it. So many of those wins came after Jimmy left.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It’s why he stays in the spotlight attempting to spin the narrative with hype and promote his brand. Obviously he’s winning . I waved my white flag years ago.
Same here. As I cut back, not because I think I am sticking it to Jerry. But because I do not need or want anything. I have boxes full of Cowboys stuff in my closet.
I am actually thinking of selling a lot of it, as I will probably not put them out as I used to when I lived in Florida. They been boxed up since 1998. And some other stuff I collected or was given as gifts upto 3 or 4 years ago, since then boxed as well.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Same here. As I cut back, not because I think I am sticking it to Jerry. But because I do not need or want anything. I have boxes full of Cowboys stuff in my closet.
I am actually thinking of selling a lot of it, as I will probably not put them out as I used to when I lived in Florida. They been boxed up since 1998. And some other stuff I collected or was given as gifts upto 3 or 4 years ago, since then boxed as well.
give me it all!!!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course not. My point was in response that the poster was acting as if Jerry had nothing to do with those SB's and the success of the 90's.
I was responding accordingly to that time frame. If one wants to cherry pick the last 28 years, why leave out the success of the SB's to try to make that point

Troy Aikman at that time won more games (if one goes by QB wins) more than any QB in. a decade. Not sure if any QB done that since. Maybe Brady, and now Mahomes has a chance at it. So many of those wins came after Jimmy left.
It’s all good brother. Always appreciate your perspective even when we disagree.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Nothing will change...and why should it?

Jerruh has what he wants: attention, money, influence, and a succession plan in place to ENSURE the Jones WAY of culture continues on for decades after his death.

Letting Jimmy go let's you know everything you need to know about what they value: It's not championships (if someone else gets credit for it that is), it's what they have right now...the most popular sports reality TV show, even if they're as dysfunctional as the Kardashians

Once the Era of Salary Cap began, and you couldn't just BUY championships, and you had to compete on an even playing field, the Jones Cowboys have been an unsuccessful circus and butt of jokes everywhere, but Jones has his empire set, not just for HIS lifetime, but all of ours too.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Exactly what needs to happen to change the culture of this team? Who exactly on this team do you trust to change the culture so that we're able to transition from where we've been, to where we need to go?

Do we have enough leadership on this team to do this, will everyone buy in to 1 common goal? Please give your thoughts on this topic!
Force feed the players probiotics!

the playmaker

Reaction score
I don’t think they care or want to change anything.

The playoff loss should’ve had them making big moves but they’re just doing the same thing that gets the same results.

Best thing to do is not take this team seriously or even think about getting your hopes up until it’s playoff time.

They literally told us they were too tired to play playoff football lol. Like come on it’s a clown show.

If they don’t pay Dak and just take the L for this next season then maybe I’ll have some hope going forward that they can build a super team but you know they won’t.
this!!!!
the Dallas Cowboys ARE A BUSINESS(for Jerry) and NOTHING more!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The division between ownership and the front office must occur. The owner can not be the general manager. That underminds accountability.
The last name, Jones must be removed from the front office and football operations. Give the front office to Will McClay. A little restructuring at the top.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
You can think whatever you want but the only constant in the last 30 years is Jerry Jones....nobody knows what Stephen is going to be like but he's not going to be Jerry that is certain...whether that is. Positive or a negative is yet to be seen
One can hope Stephen sees the light. Right now it's not very encouraging, but maybe it's becuz he's got daddy looking over his shoulder. Hopefully his frontal lobe part of his brain is more advanced than Jerry's.

Jipper

Reaction score
One can hope Stephen sees the light. Right now it's not very encouraging, but maybe it's becuz he's got daddy looking over his shoulder. Hopefully his frontal lobe part of his brain is more advanced than Jerry's.
I mean I hate to say it but at this point I just want something different - anything but the same story

Chasing6

Reaction score
Exactly what needs to happen to change the culture of this team? Who exactly on this team do you trust to change the culture so that we're able to transition from where we've been, to where we need to go?

Do we have enough leadership on this team to do this, will everyone buy in to 1 common goal? Please give your thoughts on this topic!
Get a real GM.