How to Negotiate with Dak and his Agent: 101

eastsideboy

Reaction score
1 million and all the vacuum cleaner commercials he wants. Jerry get it done.

"Hi I'm Dak Prescott, boy these vacuum cleaners suck but not as much as me" Lifetime commercials.

or , " these eureka vacuum cleaners suck more than me, and you know I suck"
I don't know why but you're post made me think of the old OJ car rental commercial

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak’s a QB. Dak wins. Dak will get paid. Haters will rejoice with millions of whining threads.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Negotiation 101. Ha.

In the NFL, that isn't how it works.

His agent will do his diligence and determine his market value, he'll also talk to teams that would have ballpark offers should he become a FA.

Then, we can offer him a competitive contract or he'll go elsewhere, and we can sign a FA, trade for a QB, or roll the dice in the draft. The only leverage teams have now is the franchise tag, where he still gets paid.

The NFL is a competitive market, you don't really tell players anything. The other teams will decide his value.
I have a much easier way to figure out his market value it's called the transition tag

eastsideboy

Reaction score
No he's not on the border...hes been a starter in the NFL for 3 years and has won 30 out of 48 games...call him whatever you want but he's at the very least an NFL caliber starting qb
I think you mean the team cuz I don't remember Dak carrying the team

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
and you will rejoice when we can't afford to sign our premier players and have to watch them walk away
Well you obviously haven’t been paying attention of how Stephen has been handling the salary cap since he took over that part of the organization.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
you dont you play the contract and see where you end up in the 2020 draft.

Not if you can get him for $20m over 5 years, $40-$50m guaranteed. One more year and the price tag will be north of $25m for an average QB. At $20m, he'd be in the bottom third of starters by year 3.

No way he's signing for $20m, though. If he delivers a playoff victory this year and next year, he'll EASILY cost us over $30m/year, plus our draft capital will be thin.

Pay the man, the sooner the better. Cheapest option in the long run.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Well you obviously haven’t been paying attention of how Stephen has been handling the salary cap since he took over that part of the organization.
We won't be competitive with him as the QB.

We just won the East 2 out of 3 years and missed the wildcard by 1 game in '17 when Zeke was suspended for 6 games. We're already competitive.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Tell him to make more commercials. Here's one he could be a star in.

jtrytz.jpg

eastsideboy

Reaction score
he's been doing a great job and I hope you're right but there's only so much money to go around and we've got some heavy hitters coming up

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Not if you can get him for $20m over 5 years, $40-$50m guaranteed. One more year and the price tag will be north of $25m for an average QB. At $20m, he'd be in the bottom third of starters by year 3.

No way he's signing for $20m, though. If he delivers a playoff victory this year and next year, he'll EASILY cost us over $30m/year, plus our draft capital will be thin.

20 million a year might be okay but 30 million and Jerry will have to fire himself

csirl

Reaction score

This is deluded. There are dozens of QBs out there who are at a similar talent level to Dak. We dont need to sign any generic JAG QB to big money or a long term deal. Team should continue to search for a genuine long term franchise QB and in the meantime use the best JAG QB available. Dak should have some competition in training camp. If Dak doesnt want to play for a modest year to year salary, there are a dozen others who will - thats the nature of NFL football - JAGs have no job security - always others who will play for whatever salary is offered.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
6yrs 121mil 20mil SB 50mil guaranteed

yr1. 25mil base guranteed 4mil pro rated SB. 30mil caphit
96mil total left 20guranteed left

yr2. 12mil base 5mil of base guaranteed. 4mil pro rated SB 17mil caphit

So after these 2 yrs Dallas has basically given him 38mil of his 50mil guranteed money. And by this time they will have to come and sign some of its core players. And by this time Dallas knows what he is. So they can restructure him or walk away with minimal hurt to future caps.

Alot of you think because media reports a contract as 25mil annual average asmeaning the team is paying 25mil a yr for a player. But what most contracts have are these fluff yrs at the end of the contract with young players. Where those are the yrs teams restructure the deal to add the majority of that 5th yr base to a new signing bonus, and the 6th yr gets voided because pro rated SB is only spread across 5yrs. So in that 6th yr there is no guranteed money.

MY advice stop worrying about Jerrys money and enjoy watching the youngest team in the nfl grow.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
This is deluded. There are dozens of QBs out there who are at a similar talent level to Dak. We dont need to sign any generic JAG QB to big money or a long term deal. Team should continue to search for a genuine long term franchise QB and in the meantime use the best JAG QB available. Dak should have some competition in training camp. If Dak doesnt want to play for a modest year to year salary, there are a dozen others who will - thats the nature of NFL football - JAGs have no job security - always others who will play for whatever salary is offered.

The only thing deluded is you thinking there's a vault of players that can step in and do what Dak does. I know I won't change your mind...you just don't have a grip on reality. Running the almost identical scheme as when Romo was the QB, we tried to plug in a JAG QB more than once. The results speak for themselves.

Dak just wins games. Doesn't matter that some of those wins happen after overcoming his own mistakes. He's a third year QB and is delivering the goods for Cowboys fans. Get used to it

csirl

Reaction score
The only thing deluded is you thinking there's a vault of players that can step in and do what Dak does. I know I won't change your mind...you just don't have a grip on reality. Running the almost identical scheme as when Romo was the QB, we tried to plug in a JAG QB more than once. The results speak for themselves.

Dak just wins games. Doesn't matter that some of those wins happen after overcoming his own mistakes. He's a third year QB and is delivering the goods for Cowboys fans. Get used to it

Your right, you wont change my mind.

Problem is we're winning in spite of, not because of Dak.

And stats dont tell the full story. Sam Bradford was in the 2018 Guinness Book of Records for the highest completion rate ever, but is currently unemployed.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Your right, you wont change my mind.

Problem is we're winning in spite of, not because of Dak.

Yeah, that winning bug...it's a terrible problem to have.

There's only one stat that matters, and he's serving up those W's at a higher rate than any other NFC QB.

csirl

Reaction score
Yeah, that winning bug...it's a terrible problem to have.

There's only one stat that matters, and he's serving up those W's at a higher rate than any other NFC QB.

Except for those QBs on teams with better records than us..............