How to use Micah to avoid him tiring out?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's our top pass rusher, best defender if you want to say that. We've seen in the last few years how he's been burned out, with that said, how can avoid burnout to make him the best he's ever been. I saw him say in a quote, he's hasn't even reached his prime yet. We shall see when that happens. Please give your thoughts on this

Buzzbait

Reaction score
For one thing, when they constantly use him as always pass rushing it's too easy for teams to game plan for him. He should be used for other purposes as well. Then it becomes easier to mask what you're doing. With his speed he should be good for more than just pass rush.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For one thing, when they constantly use him as always pass rushing it's too easy for teams to game plan for him. He should be used for other purposes as well. Then it becomes easier to mask what you're doing. With his speed he should be good for more than just pass rush.
Post of the day!! Same thing I've been saying, we make it so easy for teams to know where he is, to game plan, etc by having him in one place. Maybe we a new guy here, he will get him to be uncomfortable and not buddy buddy and do whatever Micah wants

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we have him mostly rushing the passer every game he’s going to wear down no matter what. He’s having to take on a lot of double teams and he’s also being held a lot. I really don’t see what can be done if we continue having him rush the QB to keep him from flaming out by December and January. The better teams seem to have him figured out because he didn’t show up in any of our big games last season. Other players around him need to step up so the better opponents can’t neutralize him.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we have him mostly rushing the passer every game he’s going to wear down no matter what. He’s having to take on a lot of double teams and he’s also being held a lot. I really don’t see what can be done if we continue having him rush the QB to keep him from flaming out by December and January. The better teams seem to have him figured out because he didn’t show up in any of our big games last season. Other players around him need to step up so the better opponents can’t neutralize him.
Totally agree. Is it him saying he wants to stay there at one place or is it coaching

jchap2k

Reaction score
I think they need to move him to LB at least 1/3rd of the time. Can rush from that spot too, and would be useful to help against runs. Maybe even move him to the other side of the line at times. Just need to move him around so its not as easy to double team him every play.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Totally agree. Is it him saying he wants to stay there at one place or is it coaching
It’s the coaches that want him to stay there, he’s our best pass rusher. He certainly is going to be telling the coaches where he’s going to play. Zimmer may use him differently and he may not be totally happy with it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's our top pass rusher, best defender if you want to say that. We've seen in the last few years how he's been burned out, with that said, how can avoid burnout to make him the best he's ever been. I saw him say in a quote, he's hasn't even reached his prime yet. We shall see when that happens. Please give your thoughts on this
I'll leave that up to Zimmer.

gtb1943

Reaction score
You gotta watch his snap count. Give him rest when you can. The only way to keep him ready for late season and playoffs

Chasing6

Reaction score
Micah averaged 51 snaps per game last year. Approximately 50 LB's played more snaps than he did.

As a DE only about 15 played similar or more snaps.

Max Crosby 64
Daniel Hunter 59
Aidon Hutchinson 58
Kayvan Thinodeaux 58
Byron Young 57
DJ Wonnum 55
Zach Allen 54
Josh Allen 52
Carl Granderson 52

I am not sure it is the snap count that is the problem. It is the double and triple teams that is wearing him down.

Gator70

Reaction score
  1. Adapting to Change:
  2. Value Recognition: Understanding the value of their contributions. Regular feedback and recognition help them feel engaged and motivated.
  3. Purpose-Driven Organizations: clear purpose and positive impact.
  4. Work-Life Harmony: prioritize flexibility and well-being .
  5. Authentic Leadership:

Gator70

Reaction score
  1. Adapting to Change:
  2. Value Recognition: Understanding the value of their contributions. Regular feedback and recognition help them feel engaged and motivated.
  3. Purpose-Driven Organizations: clear purpose and positive impact.
  4. Work-Life Harmony: prioritize flexibility and well-being .
  5. Authentic Leadership:
I'm sorry I think Parsons is the best defensive player in a very long time for us.

Gator70

Reaction score
  • 1. They’re striving to find footing in a changed workplace landscape ...
  • 2. They need to understand the value of their contributions ...
  • 3. They will challenge your organization to stand for something greater than its bottom line ...
  • 4. Work-life harmony is a requirement ...
  • 5. Authentic connection with leadership drives success
Copied from Google Copilot

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Exactly! He should be played as LB so they can't tell what he's going to do. He has good speed, he could be used against the run, or coverage from side to side. The guy is multi talented, use it!