How to use Micah to avoid him tiring out?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Micah is being double and triple teamed they would have a very difficult time picking up the blitz or would not be able to double him.
somehow it happens though man I don't get it, you've seen it before, the blitz comes and the QB steps up and he's either throwing the ball or taking off for a run

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Micah averaged 51 snaps per game last year. Approximately 50 LB's played more snaps than he did.

As a DE only about 15 played similar or more snaps.

Max Crosby 64
Daniel Hunter 59
Aidon Hutchinson 58
Kayvan Thinodeaux 58
Byron Young 57
DJ Wonnum 55
Zach Allen 54
Josh Allen 52
Carl Granderson 52

I am not sure it is the snap count that is the problem. It is the double and triple teams that is wearing him down.
Crosby is 2” taller and weighs 10# more, he doesn’t get worn down. Micah needs to get in better shape.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
How can hiring a guy who failed here 20 years ago help now?
Because he brings to the team what DQ couldn't and kind of learned a few things over the last number of years. Can he be any worse? This team lacks discipline, and his style demands it and rest assured he will not waste the talents of guys like Micah, etc

kskboys

Reaction score
He's our top pass rusher, best defender if you want to say that. We've seen in the last few years how he's been burned out, with that said, how can avoid burnout to make him the best he's ever been. I saw him say in a quote, he's hasn't even reached his prime yet. We shall see when that happens. Please give your thoughts on this
1. Move him to LB where he belongs. All other reasons pale in comparison.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm sorry I think Parsons is the best defensive player in a very long time for us.
He is, but he's being negated by playing him out of position. They are Ratliffing him.

Playing Parsons at DE is the equivalent of playing S's at LB. Yes, you get some benefits, but w/ those benefits come some major downsides.

I'm taking it you haven't seen the analyzations of the GB game? It wasn't hard for GB to simply chip Parsons to the outside while the RB's ran right through the vacated space. He was a detriment to stopping the run.

Bagman

Reaction score
2 things will preserve Parsons.
1. Get another great pass rusher opposite him or one of our current guys REALLY needs to step up.
2. Overload his side of the defense to avoid a double team. Formation wise it's risky but Micah's speed will negate the risk.

kskboys

Reaction score
2 things will preserve Parsons.
1. Get another great pass rusher opposite him or one of our current guys REALLY needs to step up.
2. Overload his side of the defense to avoid a double team. Formation wise it's risky but Micah's speed will negate the risk.
3. Or just put him at LB where he belongs. His beastliness would be tenfold if he were playing downhill. And his speed would be hugely more useful.

kskboys

Reaction score
His best chance to get to the QB is off the edge, which is why he plays there most of the time. We’ll see how Zimmer uses him.
And his best chance to be an awesome player is at LB.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I give my thoughts, can it be the post of the day? :muttley:

They need to pace him so he does not get worn out by December. And he needs to understand that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He is effective from anywhere. Much easier to double him when they know where is coming from.

Blitzing as a LB they have no idea where he is going. Even if he is in coverage they still have to account for him rushing the passer at all times.
You have to be careful blitzing him at LB because he has to be in position to stop the run. His best chance to get to the QB is off the edge or around the line of scrimmage. He’s moved around a lot.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. Move him to LB where he belongs. All other reasons pale in comparison.
You're slacking, I thought you would say get better DT help to make his life easier. I agree, but does he want that, I hope the coaches want this (this new regime) tell him THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO. It's not always about the sacks and getting the highest money you can get, which is what he wants

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I give my thoughts, can it be the post of the day? :muttley:

They need to pace him so he does not get worn out by December. And he needs to understand that.
You wouldn't even know what it meant to have a "post of the day!" lol, this is pretty close I might add!!!!:muttley:

JBond

Reaction score
He's our top pass rusher, best defender if you want to say that. We've seen in the last few years how he's been burned out, with that said, how can avoid burnout to make him the best he's ever been. I saw him say in a quote, he's hasn't even reached his prime yet. We shall see when that happens. Please give your thoughts on this
We already are screwed with him when the Cowboys made home a full time DE. It was stupid then and still stupid now.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We already are screwed with him when the Cowboys made home a full time DE. It was stupid then and still stupid now.
This is easily the best post of your career here!!!!!! Spot on!!!!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Keep Parsons off the dline if there is a reasonable likelihood of a run. Put him at DE on pass downs.
What teams have done with pass rush LBs forever. This is not complicated.