Twitter: How would you improve the Dallas Cowboys?

Hailmary

Reaction score
You think Mahomes is better than Romo was in his prime?

Mahomes is awesome. But Andy Reid is so much better than Garret it isn’t even funny.
I forget if it was florio or king, but one of them mentioned that Andy Reid totally revamped the offense to suit mahomes skill set during the off-season when they made the decision to move on from Alex Smith.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Agree with this.

It’s not 1988 bad but we need to wipe clean with this staff.

Exactly. I think Dak is capable of at least being decent. I want better, no doubt. But, I don't think that our coaches are doing him justice. That's why I'd start with a new coach and let him see what he wants to do with Dak.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Play to Dak’s strengths
Move the pocket and get him out on the perimeter
When he is on the move his passes are just as bad in the pocket. HisHis sideline passes float out of bounds depending oon which way he is rolling.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Yep move Dak out of the pocket onto the bench. We were one qb away from a W.

RS12

Reaction score
Beg a hedge fund gazillionaire to make Jerry and offer he cant refuse. Nothing changes til he has nothing to do with football ops.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I forget if it was florio or king, but one of them mentioned that Andy Reid totally revamped the offense to suit mahomes skill set during the off-season when they made the decision to move on from Alex Smith.

Exactly, and that's something Garrett HASN'T done! He hasn't changed the offence for Dak. Instead, he's tried to force Dak to be something that he's not. Garrett clearly doesn't know how to use a QB like Dak, and that's why I won't give him a new QB either. A lot of QBs are mobile/running QBs like Dak, and Garrett doesn't know what he's doing with them.

pansophy

Reaction score
Until there is a new HC and OC no other changes will matter.

Everything else is water cooler talk.

Moving the chairs on the Titanic wouldn't have stopped what happened.

Both Garrett and Linehan should be dead men walking.
Same HC and OC that have led top 5 offenses in recent years. Got to have players to be successful.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he coached good? I’m skeptical.

When the God given Talent isn't there and it's pretty evident Dak has a zillion flaws ....whats there to coach?
Unless you going to do a Dr Frankenstein on Dak he ain't salvageable.....

pansophy

Reaction score
Exactly, and that's something Garrett HASN'T done! He hasn't changed the offence for Dak. Instead, he's tried to force Dak to be something that he's not. Garrett clearly doesn't know how to use a QB like Dak, and that's why I won't give him a new QB either. A lot of QBs are mobile/running QBs like Dak, and Garrett doesn't know what he's doing with them.
And yet there isn't one who has won a super bowl. At some point a QB must be able to throw the ball unlike in college.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

OMG its the goofy hour...what what....man wake up will you....Dak Prescott STINKS!!!!
The sooner you realize this the better for you.....we've gutted the team...ROMO....Dez....etc etc ...made it Dak Friendly and it still SUCKS!!!!!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Play to Dak’s strengths
Move the pocket and get him out on the perimeter

Lets change the game all together.....have the teams line up on the sidelines ....will this help Dak you think???

LOL.................:eek:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would fire Garrett and linehan.

I would bench Dak and start Rush/White.

I would cut the FB.

I would hope we only win 2-3 more games.

Then in the offseason:

Hire Jim Harbaugh for HC

I’d trade Dak for a 7th rounder

Re-sign Lawrence 5 years 100 million.

Sign Earl Thomas 2 years 15 million.

In the draft I’d go:
1. QB
2. WR
3. S
4. TE
4. OT
5. CB
6. DT
7. RB

Agree on most just not sure you would find a team willing to give a 7th for Dak you might have to cut him......:(

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
OMG its the goofy hour...what what....man wake up will you....Dak Prescott STINKS!!!!
The sooner you realize this the better for you.....we've gutted the team...ROMO....Dez....etc etc ...made it Dak Friendly and it still SUCKS!!!!!

Look here. I'm not disputing that. I'm simply saying that I'm not sure how much of it is on Dak. Garrett was dreadful with Romo, and now he's dreadful with Dak. I think Dak has his share of problems, and I've said that repeatedly on this thread. However, I also do not trust Garrett with whoever our next QB is. We could draft the next Tom Brady, and Garrett would fail with him. Garrett doesn't know how to develop a QB. Maybe it's all Dak, or maybe it's part him and part Garrett. I don't bloody know. What I do know is that Garrett would destroy the next QB's career just like he's done with LOADS of other players on this team.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You think Mahomes is better than Romo was in his prime?

Mahomes is awesome. But Andy Reid is so much better than Garret it isn’t even funny.
He doesn't have to be better than Romo. I think Daks late and inaccurate passes make everybody look bad. A better QB I think would improve that. Its more than a few passes every game that Dak throws late and gives the defender a chance to get back on the play when the receiver has won the play. The WR don't always help him either but for him to be a "franchise" QB he throws to late and inaccurate plays too much IMO. A more accurate QB might make everybody look better.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And yet there isn't one who has won a super bowl. At some point a QB must be able to throw the ball unlike in college.

Again, I agree. However, I don't think that Garrett would do much good, if any, for whoever we choose as the next QB. I want a new coach, and let that coach decide what he wants to do with Dak and with our QB position. If he thinks he can work with Dak for a year, then fine. No big loss. If he can't with Dak, then get Tua next year, which is the QB I really want. Or, if he's able to fix Dak, then it worked. Either way, we haven't got anything to lose by getting a new coach. What we DO have to lose is frustrating all our talent by keeping Garrett who has been proven repeatedly to not know how to coach properly.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Why? With Noodles at the helm there useless for us.....dang....can't put the carriage in front of the horses.....
why?
other than Swaim and Beasley
WHO
THE
HELL
DO
WE
HAVE
WHO'LL
CATCH
THE
DAMN
BALL
?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
1. Trade Zeke and get some draft capital.
2. Fire the staff from OC/DC up, including McClay.
3. Hire a competent front office and coaching staff.
4. Draft a QB.
5. Draft a WR.