Twitter: How would you improve the Dallas Cowboys?

John813

Reaction score
With Stephen leading the charge, we'll have a great offense in a decade through the draft. Just in enough time to where we need to rebuild the defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until there is a new HC and OC no other changes will matter.

Everything else is water cooler talk.

Moving the chairs on the Titanic wouldn't have stopped what happened.

Both Garrett and Linehan should be dead men walking.

giphy.gif

HungryLion

Reaction score
I forget if it was florio or king, but one of them mentioned that Andy Reid totally revamped the offense to suit mahomes skill set during the off-season when they made the decision to move on from Alex Smith.

Andy Reid is an excellent coach who has never gotten over the hump.

I wish we had him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why?
other than Swaim and Beasley
WHO
THE
HELL
DO
WE
HAVE
WHO'LL
CATCH
THE
DAMN
BALL
?

You had DEZ....your DakCrush thru him under the bus something about a face mask thing remember.....its not the horses man its the Carriage......WR come to Dallas to R.I.P.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Watching front to back I thought we were outplayed ALL game. I was happy and stunned we were in it despite this. Fortunately they have a coach as bad as ours and unfortunately we still have JG and an offense running things from decades ago

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
1. Trade Zeke and get some draft capital.
2. Fire the staff from OC/DC up, including McClay.
3. Hire a competent front office and coaching staff.
4. Draft a QB.
5. Draft a WR.
That’s some scorched Earth level stuff...and I like it. No more “adjustments”, we need a major shakeup. It’s unfortunate that the GM is off-limits, though..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes, please do. I missed it the first time.

Right then! Here's the list of careers that Garrett has killed as a HC or is in the process of killing:

Tony Romo
Sean Lee
Jason Witten
Demarco Murray (Before Dak and Zeke)
Dez Bryant
Miles Austin (Before Dak and Zeke)
Our entire offensive line
Demarcus Ware (Before Dak and Zeke)
Dan Bailey
Mat McBriar (Before Dak and Zeke)
Terrance Newman (Before Dak and Zeke, and revived temporarily by Mike Zimmer)
Marcus Spears (Before Dak and Zeke)
Brandon Carr (Pretty good with Balitmore)
Morris Claiborne (Pretty good with the Jets)
Orlando Scandrick (Pretty good with the Chiefs)

I probably missed a few players, so feel free to add to it, but this is a large amount of players for Garrett to destroy.

Sydla

Reaction score
With the assumption that the Jones will never give up the GM job (which would be where I would start - hire a real GM):

- Purge the coaching staff

- Let the new head coach/OC make their decision on Dak/future QB

That's the only place I'd focus on right now. Until you get a better coaching staff in here (specifically on offense) and let them figure out what they have or what they will need at QB, this is just deck shuffling on the Titanic. Does bringing in an elite WR help? Sure. Does that elite WR cover up the problems we have on offense? Not really.

So unless this team goes on some long run here and makes some noise in the playoffs, the first order of business it the HC/QB situation.

Sydla

Reaction score
You honestly dont think this team would be competitive with Mahomes at QB instead of Dak??

Better? Maybe.

Good enough?

Nope. I don't trust this staff could get the most out of Mahomes like the Chiefs are.

dckid

Reaction score

This about sums it up for me

Hire Bill Belichick after Brady retires this year. Give him Carte Blanche to rebuild the team from culture on down. Yes I know it is not a long term solution but it’s a thought.
It much harder find a young guy with a new GM. The problem is we have a culture where no one is held responsible.