How would you rate Jaylon's recovery to his college form?

diefree666

Reaction score
I really would like to hear some more input on his status. I'm not asking if he is back to being a hall of fame potential player. I am asking about what his physical condition is.

Does anyone here REAlLY know? Anyone watching practice have an opinion on him? Where is he along the continuum of being fully healthy again?

the consensus seems to be that he is like any other player that was off for more than a year recovering. Added to the debit is that he is still a rookie in most ways.
So he was tentative at first, rusty, and thus not terribly impressive. But day by day he gets better. Now showing the athleticism that got him ranked as a Top 5 pick prior to his injury.
He is still inexperienced and needs time to not learn the system in his head, which he has done in the past year; but his instincts on the field need to line up with what he needs to do.

waldoputty

Reaction score
the consensus seems to be that he is like any other player that was off for more than a year recovering. Added to the debit is that he is still a rookie in most ways.
So he was tentative at first, rusty, and thus not terribly impressive. But day by day he gets better. Now showing the athleticism that got him ranked as a Top 5 pick prior to his injury.
He is still inexperienced and needs time to not learn the system in his head, which he has done in the past year; but his instincts on the field need to line up with what he needs to do.

agree on the rust and inexperience
would love to see jaylon's current 40, cone and shuttle...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have fairly high expectations of Jaylon but right now in a controlled environment there is no way of knowing how he is going to perform in a live game. I look forward to seeing him out on the field in pre season games to get a better idea of where he is at.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I have fairly high expectations of Jaylon but right now in a controlled environment there is no way of knowing how he is going to perform in a live game. I look forward to seeing him out on the field in pre season games to get a better idea of where he is at.
Amen, 101. Gonna be fun, with all of Cowboys Nation on the edges of their seats!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Amen, 101. Gonna be fun, with all of Cowboys Nation on the edges of their seats!

I'm looking forward to it but not in this upcoming game. From what I just read it does not sound as if Jaylon will play in this one.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it but not in this upcoming game. From what I just read it does not sound as if Jaylon will play in this one.
Yeah, same, 101. Heard the same.

But it will be fun when it does happen, brother. :star:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah, same, 101. Heard the same.

But it will be fun when it does happen, brother. :star:

I agree and really excited to see him and excited for him because I know how bad he wants to be out on the field, I fully expect to see him out there over the course of the 4 other pre season games Dallas will be playing.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I agree and really excited to see him and excited for him because I know how bad he wants to be out on the field, I fully expect to see him out there over the course of the 4 other pre season games Dallas will be playing.
And he's been just flying all over the place. That energy is going to become uncorked the moment he hits the field, preseason game or otherwise, man. Woot!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And he's been just flying all over the place. That energy is going to become uncorked the moment he hits the field, preseason game or otherwise, man. Woot!

and that is what I want to see. Right now as I said it is more of a controlled environment he is working in. Practice and game action is 2 different things but hope to see him out there flying to the ball and putting big hits on the opposing team.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yes me too. It wouldn't tell us much other than he is physically ready to go. Its not the end of the world, but its not the news I was hoping for.
We'll see him soon enough, brother, in one of these upcoming preseason games.

The preseason games are nigh upon us, good sir! :starspin: