How Would You Vote For Jimmy Johnson's Induction Into The Dallas Cowboys Ring Of Honor?

What would be your decision if you had the deciding vote instead of Jerry Jones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I am interested to see who the first Jerry Jones sycophant that votes no will be

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Obviously, Jerry Jones would.

No. This poll is simply to gauge whether Jimmy Johnson's induction into the Ring actually matters to anyone.
I voted yea, but only because there's no "I don't really care" option. In fact, the biggest reason I have for wanting it to happen is so people will stop whining about it.

Sure, if any coach other than Landry deserves to be enshrined, it's Jimmy, but I honestly think that for most people it's more about having one more thing to hate Jerry for.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has lost a lot of respect over this issue...
That depends upon whom is extending the respect to him.

Would Jones lose respect from an individual, who does not believe Jimmy Johnson's head coaching accomplishments for the franchise require the same recognition of every single player/coach/contributor already enshrined within the Ring? Serious question. If I do not care whether Jones puts Johnson in, why would I also lose respect for Jones not doing what I do not care about in the first place?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted yea, but only because there's no "I don't really care" option. In fact, the biggest reason I have for wanting it to happen is so people will stop whining about it.

Sure, if any coach other than Landry deserves to be enshrined, it's Jimmy, but I honestly think that for most people it's more about having one more thing to hate Jerry for.
I have also stopped doing the third/fourth/etc., poll options as well. At first, I did not fully agree with @Reality's opinion of omitting the indecisive fence riding (or the 'I could not care less' standing way out in left field lol) but the logic finally hit home. Some people will not agree with single option polls but that does not make them any less the object of conversation either. haha.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have also stopped doing the third/fourth/etc., poll options as well. At first, I did not fully agree with @Reality's opinion of omitting the indecisive fence riding (or the 'I could not care less' standing way out in left field lol) but the logic finally hit home. Some people will not agree with single option polls but that does not make them any less the object of conversation either. haha.
But if the only options are yes or no, and you're using the poll to gauge how much it matters to fans, you're excluding the fans to whom it doesn't matter.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But if the only options are yes or no, and you're using the poll to gauge how much it matters to fans, you're excluding the fans to whom it doesn't matter.
Exactly. I rather focus on the opinions of those who do care, either way, about Johnson's legitimacy or non-legitimacy to be put into the Ring.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly. I rather focus on the opinions of those who do care, either way, about Johnson's legitimacy or non-legitimacy to be put into the Ring.
"No. This poll is simply to gauge whether Jimmy Johnson's induction into the Ring actually matters to anyone."

If it only matters to a handful of people, and 90% of the people abstain because they don't care, you'll never have an accurate assessment.