How Would You Vote For Jimmy Johnson's Induction Into The Dallas Cowboys Ring Of Honor?

What would be your decision if you had the deciding vote instead of Jerry Jones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
That depends upon whom is extending the respect to him.

Would Jones lose respect from an individual, who does not believe Jimmy Johnson's head coaching accomplishments for the franchise require the same recognition of every single player/coach/contributor already enshrined within the Ring? Serious question. If I do not care whether Jones puts Johnson in, why would I also lose respect for Jones not doing what I do not care about in the first place?
I think a majority of fans feel Jimmy is worthy of the ROH and fault Jerry for being petty and not putting him in.
I base this observation on the comments I have read here in the zone.
This issue has caused some not to respect Jerry.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"No. This poll is simply to gauge whether Jimmy Johnson's induction into the Ring actually matters to anyone."

If it only matters to a handful of people, and 90% of the people abstain because they don't care, you'll never have an accurate assessment.
I am looking for an assessment of people who care if he should either be put into the Ring or have reasons for why he should not be put into the Ring. There are people who could not care less either way. My poll is not targeting that subset, whether it be greater or less than 90% of actual respondents. If that makes the final assessment wrong, so be it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he's worthy, it just doesn't matter to me.
I know. It does not matter to a couple of others judging by a few posts in this thread also. The does not matter part, I mean. A few others may not feel the same as you about the worthy part. :)

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What makes anybody think he wants to be in it?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Should have put him at the beginning of the century. The ROH is worthless without him in it.
I agree with you. He should be in it. Worthless without him. That’s a little bit over the top don’t you think?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His name is already on the stadium somewhere. He doesn’t need to be in the ring of honor.
Individuals more and less prominent than Jimmy Johnson have refused public recognition. A few have been so vehemently opposed to being recognized that they have told those

giving an award to stick it where the sun does not shine. They received the recognition regardless.

Heck. Tom Landry declined a Ring of Honor induction once for a totally different reason. He eventually accepted the recognition but that is beside the point. Again. It is irrelevant

whether the recipient wants the recognition. It is totally important whether the recipient deserves the recognition.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don’t even understand this….of course the fans want him in there. It’s talked about daily. On the bright side whoever says no we will now know what Jerry’s burner is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t even understand this….of course the fans want him in there. It’s talked about daily. On the bright side whoever says no we will now know what Jerry’s burner is.
I am confident most fans, whether they are Cowboy fans or not, would enjoy seeing Jimmy Johnson inducted into the Ring. However, there are fans who claim Johnson has not done enough to qualify for the Ring. His Ring enshrinement is not a universally held opinion.

Last edited: