How Would You Vote For Jimmy Johnson's Induction Into The Dallas Cowboys Ring Of Honor?

What would be your decision if you had the deciding vote instead of Jerry Jones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I am confident most fans, whether they are Cowboy fans or not, would enjoy seeing Jimmy Johnson inducted into the Ring. However, there are fans who claim Johnson has not done enough to qualify for the Ring. IHis Ring enshrinement is not a universally held opinion.

I don’t think these fans exist at all….I couldn’t careless ab this either tbh but I’d disagree and say it is absolutely a universally held opionion

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think these fans exist at all….I couldn’t careless ab this either tbh but I’d disagree and say it is absolutely a universally held opionion
Would you at least consider that some have said they could not care less whether Johnson was or was not put in the Ring?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, because I’ve said it in the context of who gives an f about the ROH
Do you feel the same about the Pro Football Hall of Fame or permanent fixtures of professional/amateur recognition in general?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I voted yea, but only because there's no "I don't really care" option. In fact, the biggest reason I have for wanting it to happen is so people will stop whining about it.

Sure, if any coach other than Landry deserves to be enshrined, it's Jimmy, but I honestly think that for most people it's more about having one more thing to hate Jerry for.
I don't hate Jerry, I just want Jimmy recognized for his contributions to the Cowboys.
That's the purpose of the ROH if I am not mistaken?

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Personally, I don't care one way or the other. When Haley was included over several other much more deserving, it became just another toy for Jerry.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The HOF was cheapened when Jerry was voted in. He's only there because of the crazy amount of money he helped the other owners earn.
That is a very good observation in my opinion. Jerry Jones' financial accomplishments and contributions have been remarkably impressive. I understand why the Hall's Board of Selectors would consider that aspect for qualification.

That said, the same board weighed that particular consideration over the on-the-field professional football leadership accomplishments of Jones' head coach. It was not until Bill Belichick was appointed to the unique blue ribbon panel, to speak during the Board's deliberations of the Centennial Class of 2000, that his commonsense explanations for why Johnson should be IN the Hall were taken seriously.

I still remember how FOX maintained a split screen on Jimmy Johnson and Troy Aikman as the Hall representative personally told Johnson on camera that he had been selected to the Class of 2000. Anyone (with a soul) watching experienced just how much of a relief that recognition felt for Johnson. It was like seeing a burden had lifted from his shoulders. It appeared Aikman was almost as relieved and proud as Johnson was in the moment.

An error in judgment had been finally rectified. And those appreciative of the unique significance had BELICHICK to thank of all people! Crazy world, lol.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I demand @Cowboy4ever to speak about this no vote
I don't like Jimmy Johnson. Didn't like him way before he was the coach here, didn't like him here and I don't like him today. I don't really care one way or the other about the ring of honor for him, I would hate to disgrace a man like Tom Landry with putting a POS like Johnson in the same area as him but that's not my call. But if i am ever asked, I always will say NO.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's a no for me.. He wasn't here long enough and he basically *****ed his way out of town because he couldn't stop trashing the guy who signed his paychecks. He had also worn out his welcome with some of the players with his constant mind games. That crap gets old after a while. The guys weren't wide eyed kids anymore .. They deserved to be treated like men and Jimmy didn't want to do that. There were stories that Haley was ready to bash his head in that '93 season. But then again Haley has bipolar disorder and wanted to bash a lot of people's heads in.

blueblood70

Reaction score
why is it so many people are worried about this ring of honor with Jimmy??

why does it have to be on a fans timetable?? do any of you own the stadium do you own the team do you have some kind of pull and weight with the voting?? why do we need to vote on this a majority think jimmy Johnson deserves to get in... wait for sure do not need another vote or another opinion on it...

so him not being in there right now does not mean he's never going to be put in..... my best advice is to let it go let it go, let it happen naturally, I'm betting jerry feels this way too.

maybe if the subject material dies for it the pressure demanding IT, JERRY might let his guard down and go ahead and do it... anybody who understands jerry will believe what i'm saying to be true..

he wants to do it but i bet he's sick of being told he should do it.... by fanbases media and minions who trying to tell a man how to run his own team..

JustChip

Reaction score
Obviously, Jerry Jones would.

No. This poll is simply to gauge whether Jimmy Johnson's induction into the Ring actually matters to anyone.
I voted yes, but it doesn’t really matter to me. My life won’t change, nor how I feel about the Cowboys, if Jimmy isn’t in the Ring if Honor.

I actually knock Jimmy down some because he quit on the team. Jerry absolutely shares in the blame, but Jimmy gets too little. Jimmy left everywhere rather than risk being blamed for a collapse. He would never do what Saban has done.