How you feelin today ?

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
Woke up today thinking about that empy Eagles trophy case emoticon / gif and worrying that Murrray might be on that stand at the SB before we ever get there.

I have no idea who the RB will be and not does the brass - so right off the bat I see Pass pass pass making its way back to VR and having to ask our 33 yr old - fragile QB to win it ...

I'm in between feeling depressed and a fog ...anger starting to rear its ugly head as well ...

In the history of the NFC east never before has a player in his prime switched allegiances like this - ever .
This is historic .

How the is our 1800 all pro back an Eagle ?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
If the plan is to bring in the 20th ranked player and let higher ranked players leave this team is in trouble

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Woke up today thinking about that empy Eagles trophy case emoticon / gif and worrying that Murrray might be on that stand at the SB before we ever get there.

I have no idea who the RB will be and not does the brass - so right off the bat I see Pass pass pass making its way back to VR and having to ask our 33 yr old - fragile QB to win it ...

I'm in between feeling depressed and a fog ...anger starting to rear its ugly head as well ...

In the history of the NFC east never before has a player in his prime switched allegiances like this - ever .
This is historic .

It's gonna be a long offseason for fans like you. :laugh:

davey999

Reaction score
I think right now (RIGHT NOW) the team is worse than it was last year.

Disappointed that more has not been done to improve the defense. Guys I have targeted are Sheard and Paea.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

This is historic .

Take a Xanax.....you will feel much better:p

lkelly

Reaction score
Still haven't come down off the euphoria I felt yesterday when the deal was FINALLY done. Been hoping he'd sign somewhere else for months, but $21 million guaranteed with the Eagles just seems like icing on the cake.

It's much like that feeling when you see other marginal talents sign for big money deals with the Commanders. Rarely does it turn into anything but regret for our division rivals.

Reaction score
I feel hurt and betrayed. Other than that, great and looking forward to the rest of the FA period and then the draft. ;)

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Woke up feeling great..

No regret here on the Cowboys letting Murray go.. They know better than we do. I thought the team was going to really suck last season.

This upcoming season? Who knows..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think the team is trying to continue to maintain youth through the draft. I think that, with the exception of a few players in FA, they probably don't see a great deal of difference in the talent levels.

Now, is this accurate? Time will tell but I suspect that this is probably the line of thought with the team.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
They absolutely made the right decision with Murray. It's going to be a tall order replacing him, but it's doable. Running back is the position you want to fill, if you absolutely have to fill one.

Gotta let this defensive situation play out. Right now it looks grim, but in the back of my mind I know our defense was trash last year. I don't really care about pieces shuffling around because they sucked anyway. I'd long come to terms with a guy like Bruce Carter leaving and he was probably the best guy who has walked so far. It shouldn't be hard to duplicate what they did last year, if our running game is on point again. That was the Cowboys defense more than these guys walking away.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
Just like the Eagles fans declaring themselves this year's Super Bowl champs already, everyone needs to tap the brakes. Offseason isn't done, draft isn't here yet, no OTAs, and even preseason doesn't matter as we all saw last year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hate that we lost such an important part of the offense but what is done is done. I'm looking forward in hopes of getting an all around RB who can help this team win a SB.

LittleD

Reaction score
I feel fine as frogshair... It's still 1.5mo till draft and there will be FA that the Boys will sign.
We didn't overpay and we didn't trash the cap. This means the Boys will probably get
even younger as the draft guys and lots of UDFA's come looking for work. If we continue
to improve our OL and protect Romo, I have no doubt we will still be able to compete
for the division. Defense will be a slow work in progress just like the OL was. Keep
drafting well and our arrow will remain pointed up. Garrett and McClay have a plan folks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to say I'm getting a bit anxious.

On one hand, I'm glad they didn't re-sign any of the players they lost at the terms their new teams paid. Those were smart non-moves.

That said, I'll feel better if and when some actual improvements are brought in.

And if they don't get Greg Hardy, the pass rush simply isn't going to improve enough this season, because the fact is that rookies just don't come in and make the necessary impact.

If they don't fill the void left behind by Murray with Peterson or even Spiller, I'll be worried about it leading up to the draft, and even then only getting Gurley would make me feel confident in the switch.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am ok with not over paying for Murray. With that said...So far the FA signings we have made have been underwhelming but it is line with the type of thing we did last year and it is line with what has been said prior to FA in what was going to happen.

So concerning FA signings or lack of by the cowboys at this time this might sum up how I feel...

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/blahblah.gif

daveferr33

Reaction score
Let me be clear. I think the Cowboys did the right thing, given their cap situation (unlike the Eagles they didn't have a 159 Million ceiling).

But to think he went to the Eagles, and could help them get their first Lombardi, is a thought too depressing to contemplate.