How you feelin today ?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I am sick today as a fan. We were really close to the SB.
Demarco has a 4.8 yard per rush for his career. That's not just last year when our so called great offensive line jelled. He was big fast shifty could block catch and had a mean streak. When he was healthy only one player is better. This is the dumbest player move since Brett Farve getting to leave New Orleans.

First, the stats are against Murray. It's already been stated that backs who carry as much as he does tend to fall off the following year. Wouldn't you want fresher legs, i.e., Gordon or Gurley, to take his place or a back-by-committee approach?

Second, the market for running backs is plentiful whether in free agency or the draft.

Third, the running game played a part in the overall Cowboys' success, but don't be fooled that it was merely DM and not the offensive line.

Fourth, if we don't upgrade our defense (where we need to spend our money), Murray coming back with more tread on his tires wasn't going to get us any closer to the Super Bowl.

I appreciate what DM did for the Cowboys, but he isn't the most critical piece of the puzzle, and he can be replaced. And now is a good time to replace him as any.

P.S., I didn't get the reference about Favre leaving New Orleans. I know he's a Louisiana boy, but it's not like he had a choice if he wanted to play football. Maybe you can explain.

Smith22

Reaction score
I'm good. I see way too many people crying and complaining on this forum though.

Free agency is not even a week old and people think the roster is set in stone and the season is over.

Free agency has a long way to, including June cuts.

Good franchises build through the draft, not by overpaying for FA's the first days of free agency. See the Patriots, Ravens, etc for good examples. How many times have the deadskins went crazy in free agency and fielded a crap team?

Hell, how many solid players have we got in late rounds or as free agents? (Romo, Austin, Leary, Ratliff, Church, Harris, Bailey, Scandrick, Dunbar, etc.)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I have very few regrets about my time n the Staff here. One is that I didn't get rid of a handful of posters who add nothing to this site. My apologies to the entire forum for that oversight.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Woke up today thinking about that empy Eagles trophy case emoticon / gif and worrying that Murrray might be on that stand at the SB before we ever get there.

I have no idea who the RB will be and not does the brass - so right off the bat I see Pass pass pass making its way back to VR and having to ask our 33 yr old - fragile QB to win it ...

I'm in between feeling depressed and a fog ...anger starting to rear its ugly head as well ...

In the history of the NFC east never before has a player in his prime switched allegiances like this - ever .
This is historic .

How the is our 1800 all pro back an Eagle ?

This is a different league, and all about " show me the money"

That said Murray to me on the Eagles is equal to Shady McCoy with the exception that Shady is a lot more elusive...

As long as we shore up our D, and get a solid group of RB's with some home run potential once those big holes appear we will be alright.

DeMarco was great for us, but also after 20 yards he seemed to have lost a step or two. Sure it was change of pace but Randle smoked defenders once a big hole opened...

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I think his replacement is already here....Ryan Williams could blow his record out of the water. People may not admit it...But Murray left alot of yards on the field last year.

Yes he did. Especially getting caught from behind on some runs....

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I feel strange about:
1. We lost a lot of back up, role guys on D
2. We lost our RB
3. We didn't address a need in FA
4. McClain???
5. Randle situation

I feel allured about:
1. Lee coming back healthy
2. MO showing signs of his draft status
3. These FB signings & McFadden
4. Dez being franchised
5. Lawrance, the OL, Beast, Crawford

I'm anticipating:
1. The draft
2. Who we sign to incentive layend contracts, which doesn't count against the cap
3. Staying healthy & injury free

That's how I feel...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well, I am not losing any sleep, but I think it is going to be harder to replace Murray than many think. Even Jason Garrett himself said this is not a plug and play offense where you can just plug any JAG behind our line and he will produce***cough***McFadden***cough.

I do not think our running game will be as good this year and that will have a negative effect on our win totals.........not making predictions, just saying 1800 yard backs don't grow on trees and a "RB by committee approach" usually doesn't work out. What I mean by that is that a running back has to get into the flow of the game and if you are splitting carries, that cant happen. That is why Seattle has Lynch, Ravens have Forsett, Chiefs have Jamal Charles, Vikes had Peterson, Green Bay has Lacey..................We had Murray.