How you feelin today ?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I feel fine as frogshair... It's still 1.5mo till draft and there will be FA that the Boys will sign.
We didn't overpay and we didn't trash the cap. This means the Boys will probably get
even younger as the draft guys and lots of UDFA's come looking for work. If we continue
to improve our OL and protect Romo, I have no doubt we will still be able to compete
for the division. Defense will be a slow work in progress just like the OL was. Keep
drafting well and our arrow will remain pointed up. Garrett and McClay have a plan folks.

Agreed. Let's not forget we have guys already on the roster that will be contributing on defense. Gardner, Brent, Okoye, Lee, Claiborne, plus guys like Bishop. Cowboys have a plan. You don't build teams thru free agency.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Let me be clear. I think the Cowboys did the right thing, given their cap situation (unlike the Eagles they didn't have a 159 Million ceiling).

But to think he went to the Eagles, and could help them get their first Lombardi, is a thought too depressing to contemplate.

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is going on???

Do you guys REALLY think that Demarco puts the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl? Do you honestly think Sam Bradford will lead his team to the playoffs (having never done anything significant in the league his entire career) and beat Green Bay, Seattle and Dallas on the way to a Super Bowl and then beat New England or Indy to win their first Championship? This proposed run assumes of course he makes it to game 8? Do you really think Ryan Mathews and Demarco are going to be healthy all season. Does their defense scare you? Are we talking a Seattle like defense?

Please - let's have some perspective here.

There is no way to spin the Murray departure because it costs us a draft pick that should've gone to the defense. But it will be MUCH easier to keep a consistent running game going with (insert name) behind the offensive line than it will be to upgrade the pass rush.

The draft aside - this whole off season comes down to Greg Hardy. If we get him we are a much better football team than last year. Without him we are maybe not quite as good.

Now if you consider the draft and we have another good one we must be considered strong NFC contenders again. But that's us.

As far as this silliness of Philly winning a Super Bowl - they are nothing more than an annoying gnat buzzing my face.

robjay04

Reaction score
I was disappointed to see Murray go to a divisional rival but I felt 10X better when I saw the contract he got...Eagles WILL regret that.

davey999

Reaction score
I do know that I don't need to post this type of thing over and over and over ad nauseum in multiple threads every time someone does not feel the same doom and gloom that I might feel.

Thanks for the seriousness, but in all honesty, isn't the above statement what you are doing in the opposite side of the argument?

If you feel like all is fine, then why the need to re-butt to opposing viewpoints?

I'm expressing an opinion and so are you.

I think, my opinion, is that Jerry's abysmal cap management put us in a position that we are now whereby we are unwilling or unable to re-sign or sign any FA's consequence. If he has decided that what he did in the past didn't work and wants to try something new, that is fine, but Romo is not getting any younger and his window is closing.

NE, for example, let Wilfork go, then re-signed McCourty. They have holes as well.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Feel about as good as I've felt about the Cowboys in a long, long time. Saw more proof yesterday that management has really figured things out. They've realized that you don't win Superbowls in March. Certainly not by overpaying for used up talent. Yeah, there's work to be done to get ready for next season, but I feel confident in the guys calling the shots right now. That hasn't always been the case.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Nervous anticipation is what I feel, I have more trust in the FO then I have had in a long time (thanks SJ) and as mentioned it is many months before we actually know what type of team we will field next year.

I would be less nervous if I could be a fly on the wall at DC HQ and know exactly all the plan details (FA signings, Draft and their opinions on growth of certain younger players).

But if there plan is something along the following lines, I would ok.

Sign Spencer/Selvie as a bridge until their DE draft pick is ready.
Sign McClain to another prove it contract.

Pick 1 - Odignizuwa (what would his nickname be by the way?)
Pick 2 - Carl Davis
Pick 3 - Jeremy Langford

And if I could know their thoughts on

How do they feel about Ryan Williams?
How do they feel about B Gardner, Patmon, Street, Bishop & J Crawford development?
Is Brent in shape?
What did they see in and how do the plan on using Rivers & Brinkley?
Is the plan to push Mincey inside or keep at DE?

I am sure they have a plan around all these things and they know how they feel about certain players.

I sure would like to be sitting in the meetings to hear these things.

Last edited:

sweetness0986

Reaction score
This forum is amazing. We have reached for and attained futility following years of overpaying for star players or retaining players when we should have left them go, ala, Bill Belichek and the Patriots.
And fans want us to return to those thrilling days of finishing our season in December?.

Agreed. I'd rather model our organization after one that's dominated the NFL in the past 15 years as opposed to the mediocrity we've shown in those years (besides last year). Smart strategic moves, not high cost emotional ones.

Sydla

Reaction score
Agreed. Let's not forget we have guys already on the roster that will be contributing on defense. Gardner, Brent, Okoye, Lee, Claiborne, plus guys like Bishop. Cowboys have a plan. You don't build teams thru free agency.

You don't build teams through free agency. You supplement your team through free agency.

And that's what the front office should have been doing. No one is suggesting they try to build an entire defense through free agency. But to not get involved with some pass rushing DEs that can help a glaring weak spot is a failure to this point.

reddyuta

Reaction score
The pass rush killed us against a statue Rodgers and we have done nothing to improve it.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the seriousness, but in all honesty, isn't the above statement what you are doing in the opposite side of the argument?

If you feel like all is fine, then why the need to re-butt to opposing viewpoints?

I'm expressing an opinion and so are you.

I think, my opinion, is that Jerry's abysmal cap management put us in a position that we are now whereby we are unwilling or unable to re-sign or sign any FA's consequence. If he has decided that what he did in the past didn't work and wants to try something new, that is fine, but Romo is not getting any younger and his window is closing.

NE, for example, let Wilfork go, then re-signed McCourty. They have holes as well.

Yes...New England re-signed Mcourty but they did not just lose Wilfork...They lost their two starting CBs in Browner and Revis and it was because they did not want to pay the money for both. That is a pretty glaring whole when your two starting top CBs walk away in free agency...Wonder if their fans are as doom and gloom as some on here? Of course to be fair, they just won a superbowl and they have had a pretty large history of not over paying for their own players and not overpaying to bring in FAs.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
You don't build teams through free agency. You supplement your team through free agency.

And that's what the front office should have been doing. No one is suggesting they try to build an entire defense through free agency. But to not get involved with some pass rushing DEs that can help a glaring weak spot is a failure to this point.

Not taking on the big names and the big contracts the first few days of free agency is smarter than mortgaging the immediate future. I like it. It's being smart with the cap. FA is hardly over. Hardy is still out there. Just waiting on the damn commissioner to get off his ***. I think the Cowboys are going to be major players in the Hardy sweepstakes once they know the entire situation.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How you feelin today?
Llike a million bucks. Today is the first day of spring break and I got to sleep in a couple of hours skipping the get ready for school routine. Feels like a Saturday except Mrs. BDC is working so it's even better. Thanks for asking.

Romo2Ogletree

Reaction score
Happy that Murray is gone. Oh, and anytime you have a chance to replace our defensive players is a good day.

davey999

Reaction score
Yes...New England re-signed Mcourty but they did not just lose Wilfork...They lost their two starting CBs in Browner and Revis and it was because they did not want to pay the money for both. That is a pretty glaring whole when your two starting top CBs walk away in free agency...Wonder if their fans are as doom and gloom as some on here? Of course to be fair, they just won a superbowl and they have had a pretty large history of not over paying for their own players and not overpaying to bring in FAs.

Exactly, when you've been as successful as they have you get the benefit of the doubt. Same with Seattle. One playoff win (sorry, 2) in 15 years doesn't lead to unwavering confidence. Sorry.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I feel great. Seems like the head coach or someone has finally gotten through to the Jones boys that a team isn't built in free agency, but built through the draft. You make some low cost moves to help your team, you stick to your contract terms even when a division rival overpays your talent, you let the market come to you and you spend every waking hour thinking about the draft.

This is the New England model, the Pittsburgh model, maybe even the Green Bay model. All 3 of those teams have been the pre-eminent franchises since the advent of free agency. Its time to not be associated with the likes of the Dan Snyders of the NFL world.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, when you've been as successful as they have you get the benefit of the doubt. Same with Seattle. One playoff win (sorry, 2) in 15 years doesn't lead to unwavering confidence. Sorry.

Leave me alone...I am still brooding over the McFadden signing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Woke up today thinking about that empy Eagles trophy case emoticon / gif and worrying that Murrray might be on that stand at the SB before we ever get there.

I have no idea who the RB will be and not does the brass - so right off the bat I see Pass pass pass making its way back to VR and having to ask our 33 yr old - fragile QB to win it ...

I'm in between feeling depressed and a fog ...anger starting to rear its ugly head as well ...

In the history of the NFC east never before has a player in his prime switched allegiances like this - ever .
This is historic .

How the is our 1800 all pro back an Eagle ?

I guess you and others that feel the same way are smarter than the Cowboy brass who've done an excellent job with player personnel over the last few years.

Sixert

Cowboys for Life
Reaction score
This forum is amazing. We have reached for and attained futility following years of overpaying for star players or retaining players when we should have let them go, ala, Bill Belichek and the Patriots.
And fans want us to return to those thrilling days of finishing our season in December?
We have a strategy - build the lines and through the draft. Our picks are finally turning into studs; we're playing more younger players earlier and we're not destroying our cap by overpaying free agents.
I'm not upset in the least that Murray is gone. Yes, I would have liked for him to have stayed, but for the right price.
But if he were to leave, this year was the best time. There is a lot of running back talent in the draft, and it doesn't take a running back three years to start in the NFL. Gordon or Gurley (assuming his knee is okay) can step in and do just fine, especially behind this offensive line. And if we don't get either, there are still some very good backs we can snag in the second or third round. I think the Cowboys kept Ryan Williams for a reason. They know more about him than any of us do. And I don't believe AP is going stay a Viking. Now that he sees Murray is no longer in our plans, I think he's talking to his agent even now saying, "Make me a Cowboy."
I'm not bothered in the slightest.
I am sick today as a fan. We were really close to the SB.
Demarco has a 4.8 yard per rush for his career. That's not just last year when our so called great offensive line jelled. He was big fast shifty could block catch and had a mean streak. When he was healthy only one player is better. This is the dumbest player move since Brett Farve getting to leave New Orleans.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The players we lost that were expected to go, people, 3 supposed fans are whining they weren't signed or replaced.
But if they were signed they would whine because they would say why, they weren't that good.
Or if JJ did go hog wild on FA's then they would whine they weren't the right players or cost too much....

Off season entertainment for those of us that aren't whining......maybe....
I think these 3 are in collusion to stir fans up, thinking they will get a laugh, when it's really just sad they have nothing better to do....