How you like your steak?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Medium-rare. A well done steak is a waste of money. Just get yourself some steakums at that point. Ketchup is a banned substance on a steak, that's what burgers are for.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1-2. I want it cooked just enough where the texture is no longer that of raw meat.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
My wife will not touch a steak if there is ANY pink in the middle. When I grill I have to cut hers to ensure it is cooked all the way through before taking it off of the grill. She will send them back at restaurants.

She must be related to my wife. Any kind of meat has to be charred through it basically. She wont eat steak but it is an event when she orders a chopped sirloin or hamburger patty. If there is a tinge of pink it goes back. And God help us if she happens to bite into it before she inspects it. I have seen the gal bite into a burger ordered well done and no pink at all, look at the burger she just bit into and if she sees a tinge of pink her bite goes into a napkin. And if you think meat is bad, you should see her with eggs.

I used to eat my steak medium well but after 30 years of marriage, I eat it well done so as not to have her leave the table. The things you do for love!!!

Big_D

Reaction score
Somewhere between 2 and 3. That's a perfectly cooked steak.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Depends on the restaurant, but I like my steak "black and blue" charred on the outside and rare inside, but not every place can do it properly. It takes a really hot fire to sear the outside quickly to leave it rare inside.

1436042281008.jpeg

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Depends on the restaurant, but I like my steak "black and blue" charred on the outside and rare inside, but not every place can do it properly. It takes a really hot fire to sear the outside quickly to leave it rare inside.

1436042281008.jpeg
The seared, raw flesh of some dead beast makes me smile.
Well... depending on the beast.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

1436042281008.jpeg

Pittsburgh ribeyes are fantastic! Of course, if it is done right.....

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I guess: if it's done right, it doesn't matter where it is.

Exceptions go to a city dump, a sewer and anywhere exceedingly foul smells and/or environments are surrounding your experience.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yep, that's the trick, not every place can do them right and you end up with a med or med-well steak. When it's done right tho........mmmmmm nice crusty, carmalized char, but still have that tender rare middle. Now I want a steak!