How's Mazi been doing?

vlad

Reaction score
Any educated view on how he played toward the end of the season?

I did see him make one tackle, unfortunately it was on Parson lol, but in all seriousness would appreciate any views. thx

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Snails pace growth. Gaining valuable experience. Folks need to stop treating him like he was a high first rounder and expecting him to come in and start throwing people around. He was taken at the end of the first round. This years experience and an off season will do wonders for him.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Snails pace growth. Gaining valuable experience. Folks need to stop treating him like he was a high first rounder and expecting him to come in and start throwing people around. He was taken at the end of the first round. This years experience and an off season will do winders for him.
Agreed. He was a 2nd round talent. People need to quit acting like he was supposed to hit the ground running like Jalen Carter. I still have faith in the young man. He has all the tools.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I heard Broaddus claim last week that the Cowboys have been getting him to drop weight and he's supposedly 295.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on what the coaches want him to do, just fine.

Based on unrealistic crybaby fans who want sacks and only sacks, not good.
You want to say he’s a rookie and we shouldn’t expect much ? Fine. But don’t tell me that the only problem here is lack of sacks. That’s absurd. He is literally one of the worst run defenders at his position in the league. He’s got a lot to improve on.

Gambit

Reaction score
Well you know how it is….if you aren’t a stud immediately you’re garbage.
Well, to some you don't even get that chance. If you're not their choice of a pick you're instant trash

doomsday9084

Reaction score
For an NFL DT . . . not well. He is still slow off the ball and seems to have no moves. Gets pushed side to side surprisingly easily for his purported strength. This isn't about flashy plays or sacks. This is simply about controlling the line in a manner that makes it easier for your teammates to make plays.

Maybe he will put in the work and become a much better player. Maybe he won't. He hasn't shown anything that I have seen that would indicate that he is a future good player. That doesn't mean he won't be but its generally been my experience that players who go on to be good players show flashes of it early. Mazi hasn't.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You want to say he’s a rookie and we shouldn’t expect much ? Fine. But don’t tell me that the only problem here is lack of sacks. That’s absurd. He is literally one of the worst run defenders at his position in the league. He’s got a lot to improve on.
And you know this how? To make a statement like this, you would have to know what his responsibility was on specific plays and see if he did what he was supposed to do.

And you would need to know how many yards opponents gained on the ground when Mazi Smith was on the field.

Otherwise, you got nothing but irrational hate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well you know how it is….if you aren’t a stud immediately you’re garbage.
I remember when people thought Lawrence sucked.....or Anthony Spencer......there was a person on this site that said Micah was the next Jaylon Smith lol...

Einstein

Reaction score
Honestly I look for him when I think about it while watching, but he's not getting a ton of snaps.