How's Mazi been doing?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Snails pace growth. Gaining valuable experience. Folks need to stop treating him like he was a high first rounder and expecting him to come in and start throwing people around. He was taken at the end of the first round. This years experience and an off season will do wonders for him.
The exact same thing was said about Taco Charlton. Almost word for word....

You could have found Mazi's talent way late in the draft. You act like just because he's towards the end of the 1st round, he isn't expected to show any ounce of talent. He's looked the part of an undrafted rookie. Extremely slow off the ball.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
His problem is that Hankins is a much better option right now. Additionally Quinn likes a defensive scheme to look like no other defensive scheme in NFL history. He likes his linebackers to look exactly like safeties, his DEs to look exactly like LBs and his CBs to give 10/15 yards of cushion. It’s revolutionary and evolutionary at the same time.

coult44

Reaction score
I heard Broaddus claim last week that the Cowboys have been getting him to drop weight and he's supposedly 295.
You didn’t hear Broadus say the Cowboys wanted him to drop weight. You heard him say he dropped weight and enough weight where the Cowboys were concerned with it.
I swear this place sometimes…

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Needs to get man strong! So dumb!

Needs to learn to use his freakish strength. Get of the dam ball and use leverage.
It goes to show you that playing in the NFL isn't all about being the strongest or fastest. It's how you use what you've got. Mazi doesn't know how to use it. Hopefully, we can teach him, but it's clear it's going to take time ... if he ever gets there.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
First year, not expecting much. He is not a "Micah Parsons" type, but I guess he will do better in the next two years.

plymkr

Reaction score
The emergence of Bass takes the sting out of Mazi’s performance so far. We got a future trench warrior in Bass. I feel the games are won in the trenches so my opinion of a good draft is getting at least one player that can contribute on the offensive or defensive line. We got that in Bass. Last year we got that in Tyler, before that it was Parsons.

So I’m thinking next season we’ll see a 2nd year jump with Mazi and Bass. I don’t think Mazi is a Taco type bust. I don’t think we have enough sample size to warrant that. If next year Mazi can be an above average starter then we added a starter on the offensive and defensive line.

The pick I’m butthurt about is Schoonmaker. That’s the one I’m mad about. But what can you do? Hopefully he makes a 2nd year jump. But I feel Schoonmaker was a worse pick and a bigger disappointment than Mazi. Mazi just gets more attention.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Agreed. He was a 2nd round talent. People need to quit acting like he was supposed to hit the ground running like Jalen Carter. I still have faith in the young man. He has all the tools.
‘Except being quick of the snap….dude is the last one to move, even though he’s next to the ball when it’s snapped.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's be fair with Mazi and consider the fact that he's a rookie playing a position that requires experience before expectations should actually be as demanding as so many of us see fit to expect. The limited time he's being allowed isn't really typical of rookies at other positions. Patience is definitely called for in this instance, imho. I suspect next season might see him making some respectable strides in his performance. It just takes time.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Snails pace growth. Gaining valuable experience. Folks need to stop treating him like he was a high first rounder and expecting him to come in and start throwing people around. He was taken at the end of the first round. This years experience and an off season will do wonders for him.
I think what happens is we here these training camp reports how he is a real force and people get excited because that's been a position of need for so long.
With this Cowboys team I would love to see them make a run at Chris Jones of KC.
He is an UFA and.probanly would command about 28 mil a year for 4 years.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think what happens is we here these training camp reports how he is a real force and people get excited because that's been a position of need for so long.
With this Cowboys team I would love to see them make a run at Chris Jones of KC.
He is an UFA and.probanly would command about 28 mil a year for 4 years.
Lots of hype for Mazi;

Then we all got to see him in PreSeason.