How's RB Dalvin Cook sound for the playoff run?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You can only choose from who is available. Zeke isn't.

Cook had 1,468 total yards and 10 TDs in 2022, so why a year later he would have nothing left to offer. I'm not suggesting the Cowboys sign him, but I don't see that it's unreasonable for fans to think he might be worth consideration.
Exact stance I have. I'm not pushing for him but his demise after just being top 10 in rushing a year ago I think is exaggerated.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don't see how you sacrifice time to get him up to speed for the playoffs when the focus needs to be on getting the players who know the scheme ready.

Look what happened to the Eagles when they added a player..not that they were that great, but they digressed.

It has an impact on moral, IMO. Even Deuce may be a better option, as wrong as I was about his likely impact this year. At least he knows the offense now. And can play ST in a pinch.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
If he wants to come over for very little compensation in a limited role so we can see if he’s a fit for us and us for him, I don’t mind them kicking the tires. It could be a situation where he fits with the locker room, coaching staff and roster and provides a spark play here or there and we can bring him into camp again next year.

Not pounding the tables for or against but I don’t think it’s a big deal if they bring him in. I trust them

CowboyChris

Reaction score
If he's interested....he will get the Cheeseburger and FF offer from Stephen.

Havic

Reaction score
You can only choose from who is available. Zeke isn't.

Cook had 1,468 total yards and 10 TDs in 2022, so why a year later he would have nothing left to offer? I'm not suggesting the Cowboys sign him, but I don't see that it's unreasonable for fans to think he might be worth consideration.
3.2 yards per carry with the jets this year

Havic

Reaction score
in 67 carries spread over 16 games. Not much of a sample size to judge from.
But then you factor in his injuries and the fact Minnesota thought he wasn’t good enough to be resigned and looks more clear to me

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It's just that I can see Cook making a big play in a playoff game before I can see Dowdle doing it. That's why I'm interested. I realize the issue with the run game is the OL but that one big play may be the difference.
Our CJ Anderson.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But then you factor in his injuries and the fact Minnesota thought he wasn’t good enough to be resigned and looks more clear to me
Not resigning a player doesn't necessarily mean a team doesn't think a player is good enough, it very often means they don't feel it's worth paying the price tag.

Keep in mind, today isn't apples to apples with where things were with Cook when he was looking for a team & contract following last season. As things are today, the Cowboys (or other teams who might be interested) wouldn't be looking for a multi year contract or a lead back for the team, and Cook couldn't expect to find that. The intent would be depth and taking some of the load this year. Maybe with an option for next year, or maybe not. It would be insurance partly. Pollard would still likely 60-70% of the snaps.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Breece Hall has had 11 games of 50 yards or less rushing, 8 of which were less than 30 yards, and 5 of which were less than 20 yards. I'm not saying that's necessarily Breece Hall fault, but lets not act like he's had consistently strong year. He's really just had 4 strong games.as a runner.

That's not so say Cook would have done any better had he been given the same opportunity, but we don't really know. I don't think he is as good as Hall at this point, but he wouldn't have to be to give a boost to the depth on other teams in the NFL. 67 rushing attempts spread over 16 games isn't really much of a sample size to judge from.
well, that speaks to my point that the Jets OL does suck. Breece hall has struggled as well. but behind the same line he has done better than Cook and Hall is coming off injury as well.

is Cook a better option than Deuce? most probably, so I am not opposed to demoting Deuce to PS and signing Cook. Johnson and Parcells used to always churn the bottom of the roster.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well, that speaks to my point that the Jets OL does suck. Breece hall has struggled as well. but behind the same line he has done better than Cook and Hall is coming off injury as well.

is Cook a better option than Deuce? most probably, so I am not opposed to demoting Deuce to PS and signing Cook. Johnson and Parcells used to always churn the bottom of the roster.
Yes, but he has had more opportunity to get into the flow of games. Like I mentioned, 67 carries over 16 games isn't really much of a sample size to judge Cook from.

But again, I'm not suggesting Cook is as good as Hall, but as you indicated, he wouldn't have to be to help Dallas, he would just have to be better than some of the options Dallas has behind Pollard.

For me, if Dowdle is healthy I'm kind of indifferent on signing Cook. If Dowdle isn't going to be healthy I think Cook would be pretty important to have. Might not be bad insurance regardless

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
This isn't like the Leonard release. Cook can still play and is rested. Did anyone not see how trash that Oline is? I'd sign him asap. Whats the worst that can happen.