How's RB Dalvin Cook sound for the playoff run?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol. So he wanted to get released to play for a Super Bowl contender only to get picked up by a losing team?
that's exactly what I was thinking, there's no control over this to just be flat out released, or you HAVE to go on waivers first?

quickccc

Reaction score
It's just that I can see Cook making a big play in a playoff game before I can see Dowdle doing it. That's why I'm interested. I realize the issue with the run game is the OL but that one big play may be the difference.
My question is ..it's not just the run game, but we simply are not using our RBs in the pass game.
But at least Dalvin Cook was always a great RB screen guy.
He used to wear us out with the RB screens per Vikings days

McCarthy is not making RB pass game as a weapon for our offense.

If Pollard drops a screen pass, then he immediately abandons the screen passes and just make
the backs blitz blockers (an area Cook is just average at)

That's why opposing defenses are not the least worried about our RBs as threats - in any manner.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My question is ..it's not just the run game, but we simply are not using our RBs in the pass game.
But at least Dalvin Cook was always a great RB screen guy.
He used to wear us out with the RB screens per Vikings days

McCarthy is not making RB pass game as a weapon for our offense.

If Pollard drops a screen pass, then he immediately abandons the screen passes and just make
the backs blitz blockers (an area Cook is just average at)

That's why opposing defenses are not the least worried about our RBs as threats - in any manner.

yeah you can't make one bad mistake as a cowboy player, the entire team will suffer because of one player, it sucks!!

quickccc

Reaction score
It's not about power, it's just about being a competent runner.

If you're not going to play leverage and get to the pilon, you simply have to drop the shoulder and effectively dive into the endzone. Pollard is more than powerful enough to have scored on that play, he was just running straight up and down.
Yes, vs Miami at goal line, Pollard was running high up right and laterally. We've seen show surprisingly interior between tackles power in goal line spots, when he can lower his shoulder and going forward.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am not sure he is washed,he didnt get much work because the Jets have a very good starting RB.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I'm OK adding Cook for depth, may have to send Deuce back to practice squad. And if Dowdle is gimpy, he could replace his carries, MAYBE.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
at first I was excited, but then read a few things and did a little research on Cook. I think Cook is Cooked. he has been awful with the Jets, and people blame it on the4ir OL, and they are correct in that their OL sucks, but Breece hall has had 816 yards and averaging 4.4 YPC. Cook was injured and perhaps still lingering, but he has been a shell of his former self. not sure if he is worth it. except maybe demote Deuce to PS and put cook as the 4th RB just in case. or is it that he is just not favored with the jets and he is not getting chances.

krs1bro

Reaction score
We still have a blocking issue no matter who is in the backfield. 7 out of 10 runs the defense is in the backfield when Dak is trying to hand the dam ball off.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude is washed and is just a name at this point. I'd rather go back to Zeke than him. It's that bad.
You can only choose from who is available. Zeke isn't.

Cook had 1,468 total yards and 10 TDs in 2022, so why a year later he would have nothing left to offer? I'm not suggesting the Cowboys sign him, but I don't see that it's unreasonable for fans to think he might be worth consideration.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
at first I was excited, but then read a few things and did a little research on Cook. I think Cook is Cooked. he has been awful with the Jets, and people blame it on the4ir OL, and they are correct in that their OL sucks, but Breece hall has had 816 yards and averaging 4.4 YPC. Cook was injured and perhaps still lingering, but he has been a shell of his former self. not sure if he is worth it. except maybe demote Deuce to PS and put cook as the 4th RB just in case. or is it that he is just not favored with the jets and he is not getting chances.
Breece Hall has had 11 games of 50 yards or less rushing, 8 of which were less than 30 yards, and 5 of which were less than 20 yards. I'm not saying that's necessarily Breece Hall fault, but lets not act like he's had consistently strong year. He's really just had 4 strong games.as a runner.

That's not so say Cook would have done any better had he been given the same opportunity, but we don't really know. I don't think he is as good as Hall at this point, but he wouldn't have to be to give a boost to the depth on other teams in the NFL. 67 rushing attempts spread over 16 games isn't really much of a sample size to judge from.