How's The Weather In Your Area?

Xelda

Reaction score
I guess it made it to the 60s today. Sun is out with stripes of clouds. Yesterday was around 58. We're supposed to drop to the mid 30s one night next week. I don't appreciate it as much as I should since we have 7 months of summer, two months of hell (July & August) and 3 months of cool and cold in Louisiana.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Nor'easter Quinn. Snowing like MAD!

Franklin Lakes, NJ has already had two feet of snow! Out forecast was for 10-16" of snow. I'm on the fourth floor and the snow on the edge my balcony is 14" deep and the snow is still very heavy. (large snowflakes) If it's 14" deep on the edge of my balcony, it has to be way more on the ground!

The forecast earlier was for the snow to stop at 4am. Currently though, I see a break in the forecast in the forecast for 10pm EST, then it starts back up at 11pm EST. It doesn't look like it will last to 4am as earlier forecasted.
It didn't hit us like they predicted. Only received 8" instead of 15". When they predict a little, we get bombarded & vise versa.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I guess it made it to the 60s today. Sun is out with stripes of clouds. Yesterday was around 58. We're supposed to drop to the mid 30s one night next week. I don't appreciate it as much as I should since we have 7 months of summer, two months of hell (July & August) and 3 months of cool and cold in Louisiana.
I could take the 60's permanently. The past few years the NE has generated a few months of hell as well. I recall when it was only a week, tops, two weeks with 90's & high humidity. Now it turned into months.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It didn't hit us like they predicted. Only received 8" instead of 15". When they predict a little, we get bombarded & vise versa.
It was 8" to 10" at my house, and heavy. Took down huge branches around my house, and knocked my power out. They estimate that I should get power back at about noon today. Fingers crossed!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am in the Hill Country in Tejas and it is hitting 93 tomorrow. It hasn't hit 80 yet so that is not a good sign of what's to come.

In 2010, I was commuting between So. OK and Dallas on the weekends and that July OK set the all time US record at 89 average temp. The highs where I was were hitting 111-113 with the panhandle going 120+, all of this with humidity at 80%+.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am in the Hill Country in Tejas and it is hitting 93 tomorrow. It hasn't hit 80 yet so that is not a good sign of what's to come.

In 2010, I was commuting between So. OK and Dallas on the weekends and that July OK set the all time US record at 89 average temp. The highs where I was were hitting 111-113 with the panhandle going 120+, all of this with humidity at 80%+.
Now that's brutal......but good for the pores, once you peel.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that's brutal......but good for the pores, once you peel.
Ya know the first thing it brought to mind? A real appreciation for people in full battle gear in the Middle East. I was miserable in my uniform, shorts, T and flip flops and could only imagine what they were experiencing.

And the health warnings were being repeated every hour.

Xelda

Reaction score
I could take the 60's permanently. The past few years the NE has generated a few months of hell as well. I recall when it was only a week, tops, two weeks with 90's & high humidity. Now it turned into months.
60s and 70s year round might be boring but a whole lot better than the extremes both north and south go through. I also want a constant breeze. Today is extremely pleasant with the windows open. If only it could stay this way.

Last year we had to close the business a few times when the A/C went out. I was barking about it not being the hottest part of the year and the owner caved. We got a new A/C and the guy by the controls must have had hot flashes. We froze and had to be happy about it.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
60s and 70s year round might be boring but a whole lot better than the extremes both north and south go through. I also want a constant breeze. Today is extremely pleasant with the windows open. If only it could stay this way.

Post of the year my friend. Great minds think alike. :thumbup:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Crap...70 today then rain for a week. Swear if I ever get hold of an infinity stone....I'll destroy the union of wind,rain,and cold.

Ren

Reaction score
Crap...70 today then rain for a week. Swear if I ever get hold of an infinity stone....I'll destroy the union of wind,rain,and cold.

I'll trade places with you, 95 here yesterday and we're only in March, it hardly ever rains here

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I'll trade places with you, 95 here yesterday and we're only in March, it hardly ever rains here
See,that's the beauty of my plan to obtain that infinity stone. I'll restore order and balance to the extremes of the cosmos,and only require a 10% tax surplus charge. At least that's what my campaign banner says...

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Yesterday was in the 70’s pretty much all day. I took advantage...http://i1070.***BLOCKED***/albums/u483/tchristie021/Mobile%20Uploads/EEB90702-527B-48C3-83CC-616D808DB59F_zpsc0ktetzb.png
Never caught a channel cat off of a lipless crank bait before lol. Its raining and cold now which helps my god awful hangover.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Early March, Southern Ontario has been really nice the last couple days...