Huge Carolina Trade for the 1st overall pick

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Oh, I don't doubt it. But, as someone who considers the Bears as one of my top 5 teams (obviously with the Cowboys being my favourite) that I cheer for with how much I enjoy visiting the Chicago-area, I think that the compensation was very good. Maybe not great, but they have the ability to get themselves settled for the future, and they can get a nice trip at WR, I think it's a good move for them.
I am greedy. If they rebuild there defense and offensive line they could be scary next season.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Yup, and the new stadium that they're trying to do seems pretty good. And it's not too far from Rosemont, which is where I go for conventions. So, yeah, I like the way they're heading.

I should note that I have a lot of respect for the Bears. Firstly, their fans were very nice when I went to see the Cowboys Bears game a few years ago then. Secondly, they're one of the two original teams.

Yes, loved going to the Panthers PO there back when Jake D, Peppers and Steve Smith beat them in Chicago in the early 2000’s. Had fun there and went with one of my work buddies who was a big bears fan and the former bears TE got us tickets (he played college ball at Wake Forest). We set in the open ended stadium end zone and we froze our butts off. The TE wife told us we could sit with them inside the warm room but we declined. But with that wind coming towards us it was fridged for sure. Heard they were talking about a dome stadium in the Windy City.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am greedy. If they rebuild there defense and offensive line they could be scary next season.

Oh, I get it fur sure. But yeah, I think they'll be very dangerous. If not next year, I think the 2025 Bears could be real contenders.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes, loved going to the Panthers PO there back when Jake D, Peppers and Steve Smith beat them in Chicago in the early 2000’s. Had fun there and went with one of my work buddies who was a big bears fan and the former bears TE got us tickets (he played college ball at Wake Forest). We set in the open ended stadium end zone and we froze our butts off. The TE wife told us we could sit with them inside the warm room but we declined. But with that wind coming towards us it was fridged for sure. Heard they were talking about a dome stadium in the Windy City.

I think it'll probably be a dome. I don't see how they wouldn't have a dome with that climate, especially if they want to host a SB, which Chicago is more than capable of hosting. And that must've been fun. Yeah, the Bears fans are a lot of fun to attend games with. The ones I met were very classy and made being the road fan fun. I'll never forget that experience.

JayFord

Reaction score
Oh fields has a weapon now! I like that move on both sides

USArmyVet

Reaction score
2-1st round picks, 2-2nd round picks, and WR DJ Moore to move from #1 in the draft to #9 in the draft......

Big move by the Panthers as HC Reich will be getting his choice of QB's while the Bears get a valid #1 WR and remain in the Top 10 of this year's draft where they can grab a top talent on either side of the ball.

The Bears will be much improved this season and their aggressive move creates another stumbling block for Dallas.

JayFord

Reaction score
Dumb move by Carolina IMO. None of these QB’s are worth that
Idk I have to disagree I think the QB class this year is good...with the potential to be elite I like Stroud and Young both I think In 2 years will be pushing top 10 ......

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
2-1st round picks, 2-2nd round picks, and WR DJ Moore to move from #1 in the draft to #9 in the draft......

Big move by the Panthers as HC Reich will be getting his choice of QB's while the Bears get a valid #1 WR and remain in the Top 10 of this year's draft where they can grab a top talent on either side of the ball.

The Bears will be much improved this season and their aggressive move creates another stumbling block for Dallas.
I hate when people word it like this. The Bears didn’t get 2 additional 1st round picks. They got 1 additional 1st round pick and traded their 1st round pick for a worse pick.

links18

Reaction score
Not quite the Herschel Walker trade, but Bears clearly won here. Whose their GM?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dumb move by Carolina IMO. None of these QB’s are worth that
Is Bryce Young Patrick Mahommes or Kyler Murray - That is the question I guess. If he is Mahommes then he is worth it. I can't imagine they are going for Stroud.

Aven8

Reaction score
I hate when people word it like this. The Bears didn’t get 2 additional 1st round picks. They got 1 additional 1st round pick and traded their 1st round pick for a worse pick.
The picks make sense but to throw in Moore is nuts. Who is Stroud or Young gonna throw to now?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I didn't claim they got an additional 1st round pick but accurately stated they received 2-1st round picks.....getting the Panthers #9 pick is considered a 1st round pick and the way I worded it is in fact how most word the trade.

Aven8

Reaction score
Not quite the Herschel Walker trade, but Bears clearly won here. Whose their GM?
Pretty genius as they traded a 2nd to Pitts at the deadline for Claypool. Now they have Claypool and a high 2nd back. They currently with Moore have a better WR core than us……

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Pretty genius as they traded a 2nd to Pitts at the deadline for Claypool. Now they have Claypool and a high 2nd back. They currently with Moore have a better WR core than us……
Imagine this: Fields, Moore, Claypool, Kmet......and if they draft Bijan Robinson at #9......that will be a very tough offense to defend against.

Aven8

Reaction score
Imagine this: Fields, Moore, Claypool, Kmet......and if they draft Bijan Robinson at #9......that will be a very tough offense to defend against.
Out of all the QB’s we played last season I was most impressed with Fields. That kid is gonna be a star. The running is going to have to simmer down a bit but he can do it all.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Out of all the QB’s we played last season I was most impressed with Fields. That kid is gonna be a star. The running is going to have to simmer down a bit but he can do it all.
That's why adding Robinson cuts down Fields having to be the primary rusher but keeps his running threat there for defenses to have to plan for.