Huge Carolina Trade for the 1st overall pick

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great Trade for the Bears who get their QB a legit #1 WR and will probably still get the defensive player they need..........plus adding Carolinas first next year which should be a top 10 pick as that team is a rebuilding mess.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
@Stash when you ultimately merge this with the thread in the draft zone, there’s also an identical thread in the cowboys roster zone as well for some reason

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Imagine this: Fields, Moore, Claypool, Kmet......and if they draft Bijan Robinson at #9......that will be a very tough offense to defend against.
How is their offensive line? That is quite a bit of weapons. More than we have on offense that's for sure.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
How is their offensive line? That is quite a bit of weapons. More than we have on offense that's for sure.
Their OL is in need of work at several positions and if Fields is to utilize his WR weapons they will need to address that by way of free agency and the draft.

conner01

Reaction score
I love hearing Bears fans in denial about his throwing. "Oh, he can throw." LULZ.
I don’t think the bears have a QB and obviously they think they do
If he comes around they can get weapons to make the team better. If he doesn’t they just missed the chance to get a QB. Though like you said they might get him next year lol

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
The bears are loading up for a run, what a great move by them. Very risky for the Panthers. The loser in all this? The Texans! They had one job and that was to lose their last game to get the 1st pick overall and they "choked" by winning lol.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I thought it was silly to trade Roquan myself. Having said that they now have 3 picks in the top 30. Envious!
Roquan was actually a 2nd and a 5th (they couldn't get a first since he needed to be extended) so Chicago will only have 1 pick this year in the top 30 but will have 2 picks next year in the top 30

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I didn't claim they got an additional 1st round pick but accurately stated they received 2-1st round picks.....getting the Panthers #9 pick is considered a 1st round pick and the way I worded it is in fact how most word the trade.
I wasn’t aiming my comment directly at you. You stated it just like everyone does when trades like this are made. But it makes it sound like the Bears got 2 additional first round picks. When in reality they only got 1.

Verdict

Reaction score
no players "tank", that is an internet bull**** phenomenon. Bears are a bad team and lost but the players tried to win
Players do tank. Lol. Aikman threw a pick directly to a defender in his later years trying to increase the draft pick, and it did make a significant difference.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Decent haul, but why so early?
Bears could have waited a while to see if they could get more from another team.
Still plenty of time before draft day, no reason the offer wouldn't still be on the table a few weeks from now.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Decent haul, but why so early?
Bears could have waited a while to see if they could get more from another team.
Still plenty of time before draft day, no reason the offer wouldn't still be on the table a few weeks from now.
Could have been a mandate to get it done before free agency. Rumor was Chicago viewed DJ Moore as superior to another 1st round pick, so they effectively got 3 1’s and 2 2’s. That’s a really strong offer and if there’s any chance Carolina may rescind it… you can’t take that chance