Huge Carolina Trade for the 1st overall pick

baltcowboy

Reaction score

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Panthers acquired the No. 1 overall pick from the Bears in exchange for D.J. Moore, the No. 9 overall pick, a 2023 second-round pick, a 2024 first-round pick, and a 2025 second-round pick.​

The move gives Frank Reich the chance to handpick the next face of Carolina's franchise. He was a sound offensive coach in Indianaoplis but never figured out the most position in football, cycling through Jacoby Brissett, Phillip Rivers, Carson Wentz, and Matt Ryan following Andrew Luck's retirement. Most draft pundits have Alabama's Bryce Young as the top quarterback prospect in the draft, but Ohio State's C.J. Stroud and Florida's Anthony Richardson will be options for the Panthers. For Chicago, the move fills their extreme need at receiver and allows them to add more talent on either side of the ball.
I don’t think Chicago got enough and I love that receiver. They should have gotten 3 firsts.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chicago might use draft capital and go after Steele with big contract

kumizi

Reaction score
Good deal for both teams. Moving from 9 to 1 is a huge jump.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Fantastic news for the eagles. Means 3 of top 4 picks are QBs, the other is Will Anderson, and trading up for Jalen Carter just became super reasonable

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I hope teams aren't doing this for Young. Tiny QBs just asking for another Tua-like situation

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Fantastic news for the eagles. Means 3 of top 4 picks are QBs, the other is Will Anderson, and trading up for Jalen Carter just became super reasonable
Seeing that they have given Slay permission to find a trading partner and their other starting CB is a FA, you have to think they are going CB at 10.

cowboybish

Reaction score

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Panthers acquired the No. 1 overall pick from the Bears in exchange for D.J. Moore, the No. 9 overall pick, a 2023 second-round pick, a 2024 first-round pick, and a 2025 second-round pick.​

The move gives Frank Reich the chance to handpick the next face of Carolina's franchise. He was a sound offensive coach in Indianaoplis but never figured out the most position in football, cycling through Jacoby Brissett, Phillip Rivers, Carson Wentz, and Matt Ryan following Andrew Luck's retirement. Most draft pundits have Alabama's Bryce Young as the top quarterback prospect in the draft, but Ohio State's C.J. Stroud and Florida's Anthony Richardson will be options for the Panthers. For Chicago, the move fills their extreme need at receiver and allows them to add more talent on either side of the ball.
That’s a hosing

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
great compensation for the Bears
I actually think that's a great trade for both teams

Carolina paid *way less* in draft pick compensation because they included DJ Moore.

Normally going from 9 to 1 would cost you more than 2023 1st and 2nd, 2024 1st and 2025 2nd

And quite frankly a vet wide receiver is probably worth more to Chicago who only has 2 more years of Justin Fields on a rookie deal, then Carolina who is in essence starting over

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes, especially after taking a bad QB couple of years ago.

Yup, and the new stadium that they're trying to do seems pretty good. And it's not too far from Rosemont, which is where I go for conventions. So, yeah, I like the way they're heading.

I should note that I have a lot of respect for the Bears. Firstly, their fans were very nice when I went to see the Cowboys Bears game a few years ago then. Secondly, they're one of the two original teams.