Huge Perk of Dak Deal - QB market is now wild

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
On an age-adjusted, production at the NFL level accounted for list, I think Dak comes in at #6 for who you'd want to build a team around right now.

1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Wilson
4. Allen
5. Watson
6. Prescott

Rodgers is also 37, so perhaps he comes in lower, but given the ability for Brady, Brees, Rivers and others to break records at QB, you could likely say there is a good chance of 5 seasons left with Rodgers.

Allen / Watson / Prescott are not so far from each other.
Oh I want to keep Dak, or at least rewarded via trade. It's a little higher # than I would've preferred but I also see him more top 10 but I would prefer the Burrow/Herbert deals ( but have Dak ahead of Watson personally). I was more messing with him adding Brady at the end, etc. My main gripe with Dak was the slower starts, but see him do his thing when he's in the zone so know he has talent.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So only QBs in their first four years can win?

Have you met the QB in Tampa?

Yeah, lets bring Brady into the discussion as if that has any relevance to Dak.

Jerry hasn't pulled the right strings since he took them away from Jimmy Johnson. But i'm sure this will be different.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Oh I want to keep Dak, or at least rewarded via trade. It's a little high, I see him more top 10 bc I would prefer the Burrow/Herbert deals but have Dak ahead of Watson personally. I was more messing with him adding Brady at the end, etc.
Ah I see haha.

Well, yeah the deals they're on are great, but at the same time, only one season or less of production to go off of.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This just screwed every single team that needs to re-sign their QB big time. The benchmark is now $40mn for a good starter. Josh Allen will be looking to top Mahomes $45mn a year if it isn't broken sooner.

Who will be the first guy to $50mn?

You're welcome to every team!
It's just the way the market works.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Jerry did it with the RB market.
Might as well set the QB market

I see it as the RB market peaked with Gurley and Zeke and McCafferty. It is falling and I think will continue to fall as teams go RB by committee. Easy to find RBs.

We’ll see what Giants’ Barkley will get.

aikemirv

Reaction score
This just screwed every single team that needs to re-sign their QB big time. The benchmark is now $40mn for a good starter. Josh Allen will be looking to top Mahomes $45mn a year if it isn't broken sooner.

This is a silly take.

Oh boy, we screwed our cap and so will 3-4 other teams in a couple years. Hooray!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It is, but we deserve credit for being the ones who shifted the market up +$5mn across the board for QBs

The Cowboys deserve nothing. They are the idiots in all of this.

They are now the proud owners of the 2 worst contracts in football. JAylon gets an honorable mention.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

QB pay has been raising for years now, Dak is just the latest and even without this deal it would not change what the next group of FA QB were going to get more just as Deshaun Watson got his deal

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Great day actually, I get to laugh at Dak holes like you for the next few years.

Waaaaaaaa!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

Time to turn your fan card in troll. Enjoy rooting for the Cowboys to lose!!!

Every win, every time we make the playoffs, ever NFC East Title, every playoff victory, every TD pass, every comeback will sting!!!!

Brax

Reaction score
Waaaaaaaa!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

Time to turn your fan card in troll. Enjoy rooting for the Cowboys to lose!!!
Enjoy your circle jerk with the other Dak A-holes because you will not be happy a few seasons down the road. Dak love really warps the brain.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Enjoy your circle jerk with the other Dak A-holes because you will not be happy a few seasons down the road. Dak love really warps the brain.

Stay up all night crying troll? You seem in a very bad mood today. Why would that be?:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Deshaun Watson's contract had nothing to do with it