Huge pot bust in Northern Calif national forest

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4030615 said:
I just graduated high school last month, if I wanted weed I could get it in a moment. Alcohol you need a fake ID to get when your under 18,as you rarely would have friends over 21.

Weed is as easy to get as Coca-Cola in my town, I don't smoke weed, want to make that clear, but the dealers in my area deliver it to you wherever you are.

Being able to get something isn't the same as being able to get something and use it in total freedom.
Chances are most kids live in a house where some form of alcohol is present.

Notwithstanding, my part in this discussion isn't centered around kid's. Or are we trying to legalize it for kids?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
vta;4030628 said:
Being able to get something isn't the same as being able to get something and use it in total freedom.
Chances are most kids live in a house where some form of alcohol is present.

Notwithstanding, my part in this discussion isn't centered around kid's. Or are we trying to legalize it for kids?

It's an example, it's much easier for kids to attain it then adults, and the primary argument used against legalization of pot is family values, not letting kids access it. I'm confident that it is easier now for kids to access & afford it than if it is legalized with same restrictions as alcohol.

gmoney112

Reaction score
vta;4030569 said:
I'm not even sure of your point. In paragraph one, you lay out why it is more accessible, in paragraph two, you prove it's not. Being able to get something isn't the same as being able to get something and use it in total freedom.

No. I chimed in when you mentioned that weed is not as accessible as alcohol. i told you it is just as accessible. i'm not sure where this total freedom additional thing came from, i never said that.

My point was not only is it just as accessible as alcohol but it is also penalized much more harshly. Do you know a simple marijuana possession charge for having a gram of weed will make you lose ALL aid for secondary education? That is ********. I don't think there's one person on earth who would look at their son and think he should lose out and be labeled a deviant of society for smoking a joint in college.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4029624 said:
Unless you were selling why would they think you had a large amount? Man the paranoia is kicking in. :laugh2:

Well I was addressing this
That is about a qrt pound, people carrying that much are not doing so for personal consumption.

Point being that the assumption that anyone who is in possession of a QP does not just have it for personal use is false.

Now quit staring at me! :laugh2:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
vta;4029810 said:
This comparison to alcohol doesn't work, largely because alcohol is widely accessible. Alcohol related deaths also outnumber gun related deaths, I think it's safe to say guns are far more dangerous than alcohol.

We can't say for sure what the effects of legalizing weed will be, because it has never been as accessible as alcohol or cigs, etc.

Dude, You need to get out more.

I have four nephews between the ages of 16 and 18 who all will tell you pot is far easier to get then cigs or alcohol for a minor.

Imagine that. The illegal substance is easier to get then two government controlled legal substances.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Vtwin;4031302 said:

I have four nephews between the ages of 16 and 18 who all will tell you pot is far easier to get then cigs or alcohol for a minor.

Imagine that. The illegal substance is easier to get then two government controlled legal substances.

We heading to Jamaica Monday. The odds are about 99% that our private car that is taking us to our hotel will offer us weed. :laugh2:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Vtwin;4031302 said:

Depending where you live for Cigs. Half the stores in my area won't ID you if you pull up in a car. ALC I know of one store a mile away that doesn't ID anyone, period.

Weed is still easier, however. Hell in Middle School you can get it easily. It'd be harder to get regulated by the government.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
How do you ensure the daycare workers are not using it on the job? Heavy equipment operators? Bus drivers? Teachers? Construction workers?

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Vtwin;4031302 said:

Dude, you need to comprehend what I'm saying, which is: Comparing weed to alcohol is not a fitting comparison.

Alcohol is far more prevalent, due to availablity. Far more acceptable and usable in a wider range of social conditions. You can approach a cop and ask for directions with an unopened bottle of liquor. Drive with a sealed bottle and bagged six pack of unopened beers. You can access liquor for dinner, for parties, for whatever you wish, therefore the rate of incidents in relation to it are far greater.

Alcohol isn't inherently more dangerous as was wrongly stated above, it's just easier for anyone to get. It's in the house, it's at dinner, it's at work during happy hour. So there ups the chances of drunk driving, impaired judgment in acting like an *** etc.

Weed has never been as widely accepted, socially or casually, therefore the negative incidents aren't as prevalent. Not to mention in cases where it is a factor, the fact that it's illegal will keep someone from reporting an incident. Having to hide your use of a thing restricts the when, where and how of your use and the odds of something happening.

Hence the idea that comparing it to alcohol is not a fitting comparison.

This trying to restrict this to what kids do is not the whole picture and I'm not really sure why anyone is ignoring the broader picture for this corner of the whole.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Vtwin;4031302 said:

So let me get this right, the majority of the costumer is within that age group. So we make it legal but they are not allowed to buy it. You just opened a big door for others to sell to those customer who are my #1 buyer.

gmoney112

Reaction score
vta;4031491 said:
Dude, you need to comprehend what I'm saying, which is: Comparing weed to alcohol is not a fitting comparison.

Alcohol is far more prevalent, due to availablity. Far more acceptable and usable in a wider range of social conditions. You can approach a cop and ask for directions with an unopened bottle of liquor. Drive with a sealed bottle and bagged six pack of unopened beers. You can access liquor for dinner, for parties, for whatever you wish, therefore the rate of incidents in relation to it are far greater.

Alcohol isn't inherently more dangerous as was wrongly stated above, it's just easier for anyone to get. It's in the house, it's at dinner, it's at work during happy hour. So there ups the chances of drunk driving, impaired judgment in acting like an *** etc.

Weed has never been as widely accepted, socially or casually, therefore the negative incidents aren't as prevalent. Not to mention in cases where it is a factor, the fact that it's illegal will keep someone from reporting an incident. Having to hide your use of a thing restricts the when, where and how of your use and the odds of something happening.

This trying to restrict this to what kids do is not the whole picture and I'm not really sure why anyone is ignoring the broader picture for this corner of the whole.

I'm really trying to figure out what you're saying. Are you saying there aren't as many accidents involving weed because it's illegal and therefore not used as much so the comparison of "danger" is invalid?

If that's the case then you've never done either.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
gmoney112;4031547 said:
I'm really trying to figure out what you're saying. Are you saying there aren't as many accidents involving weed because it's illegal and therefore not used as much so the comparison of "danger" is invalid?

If that's the case then you've never done either.

High rate of usage of anything increases the chance of ramifications of the thing. More people drink, because it's socially acceptable, there fore more alcohol incidents occur. This has nothing to do with what I've done, but pure and simple logic.

I do drink and I have gotten high. And?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Isn't it just as easy to drive high as it is not? I don't see what would happen, "accident wise", would Doritos stock go up, lol.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
vta;4031491 said:

I understand perfectly what you are saying. What you are saying is wrong is what I'm saying. Maybe there is some truth for the older generations but for kids and young adults I don't believe that alcohol is any easier to get or is more prevalent. In the case of minors weed is absolutely and inarguably easier to get than alcohol.

Please indulge me by answering this question.

Put a hundred people together with an open bar and another hundred together with all the weed they want.

From which group would you expect more trouble from?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4031537 said:
So let me get this right, the majority of the costumer is within that age group. So we make it legal but they are not allowed to buy it. You just opened a big door for others to sell to those customer who are my #1 buyer.

Well if you had been paying attention you would know that I argue for decriminilization, not government control. If a person could grow a few plants legally there would be no customers for bad guys to sell too.

Even if it did go the way of legalization and government control it still takes it out of the hands of the black market for the most part. How many black market alcohol dealers are stalking the high schools? For the most part kids get their alcohol the old fashioned way. Fake ID, older brother, kick a few extra bucks to the older kid. etc.....

Can we agree that the massive amount of resources currently spent on the war on drugs is having an insignificant effect on the availabilty of drugs and only makes them more expensive?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Vtwin;4031656 said:
Well if you had been paying attention you would know that I argue for decriminilization, not government control. If a person could grow a few plants legally there would be no customers for bad guys to sell too.

Even if it did go the way of legalization and government control it still takes it out of the hands of the black market for the most part. How many black market alcohol dealers are stalking the high schools? For the most part kids get their alcohol the old fashioned way. Fake ID, older brother, kick a few extra bucks to the older kid. etc.....

Can we agree that the massive amount of resources currently spent on the war on drugs is having an insignificant effect on the availabilty of drugs and only makes them more expensive?

You may get one you’re not going to get both. Any chance of making it legal will in large part come about because of the revenue they can get off of it.

Now let me ask should all drugs be decriminalized?

gmoney112

Reaction score
vta;4031577 said:
High rate of usage of anything increases the chance of ramifications of the thing. More people drink, because it's socially acceptable, there fore more alcohol incidents occur. This has nothing to do with what I've done, but pure and simple logic.

I do drink and I have gotten high. And?

Yes, Mr. Statistician, that is correct. Since society deems it acceptable to go out and drink, accidents involving alcohol will rise. That's also, what do they call it, common sense?

Arguing that alcohol isn't the pimary factor in the majority of these accidents is just silly though. And for you to think that weed is near as dangerous, not only medically, but in impairment of judgment makes me believe you're shilling me right now. The dangers of both are well documented in research and through millions of firsthand user accounts. The stats don't lie.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4031537 said:

Opened a big door? If someone wants to get something they're going to get it, whether it's legal or not.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Vtwin;4031622 said:
I understand perfectly what you are saying. What you are saying is wrong is what I'm saying. Maybe there is some truth for the older generations but for kids and young adults I don't believe that alcohol is any easier to get or is more prevalent. In the case of minors weed is absolutely and inarguably easier to get than alcohol.

Please indulge me by answering this question.

Put a hundred people together with an open bar and another hundred together with all the weed they want.

From which group would you expect more trouble from?

Well I'd have to question whether or not you're entirely clear on what accessibility and prevalence are. There exists advertising for beer ad-nauseum because of what? Because alcohol use is at an all time low? No, because people consume it like food. It's taxed like a ***** because it's so unpopular that it doesn't matter if the few are punished? No, because it's so highly consumed and integrated it's an enormous money maker for the government. Casual drinking is a part of our culture. That's an unavoidable fact.

The question as it stands is unanswerable on levels ranging from: I'm in no position to know to it's unrealistic without further details. 1. the conditions of each gathering 2. the social make up of the people involved.

Put it another way: how many weddings (i.e. 100+ people together with an open bar) have you been to? I've been to plenty and never witnessed a fight at one. Put that against a concert, (i.e. 100+ people with weed all over). Surely you're not going to ignore some of that mess if you've ever been to a concert

Doomsday101

Reaction score
gmoney112;4031719 said:
Opened a big door? If someone wants to get something they're going to get it, whether it's legal or not.

and those same elements will continue to sell. Making it legal is not going to stop those outside from selling. It may cut into their profit but there will still be a market

I agree I never had a problem buying whatever I wanted whenever I wanted 24/7

As I said I'm not opposed to making it legal but for anyone to act like things will then be great and come with no negatives are kidding themselves.