Huge pot bust in Northern Calif national forest

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4029332 said:
The nature of this is misleading. Of course you know some has to do with how long it takes your body to rid itself of a detectable amount.

Who says you can't drink coffee and be in control? Even alcohol, I've seen some people drink responsibly. But no, people don't always.

What are stoners guilty of? Eating too much?

I read posts about Mexico being dangerous from drug cartels. The numbers were somewhere in 3,000 a years.

Tobacco kills millions a year!

Alcohol kills more than drug cartels!

So logic would tell you, don't stay away from Mexico. Stay away from the convenient store.

There is nothing misleading about it, you know the consequences and yet still will risk millions over it?

Simple question if I offered you 1 million dollars but the catch is you have to stay clean should that be a problem? Evidently it is for many

In ways it proves my point of making excuses for stupidity.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Vtwin;4029378 said:
And then there is the guy who takes three hits after work but has a QP that he grew in his freezer which will last him a year or more.

And you think police are kicking in doors over this? When I say QP I mean carrying that amount with you.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4029381 said:
There is nothing misleading about it, you know the consequences and yet still will risk millions over it?

Simple question if I offered you 1 million dollars but the catch is you have to stay clean should that be a problem? Evidently it is for many

In ways it proves my point of making excuses for stupidity.

I think there are more human elements to it than just stupidity. On the other hand, players go to bars and out to the party scene. But this is acceptable. My guess is many players, if told they would lose their jobs for going out drinking, would actually do so because that's human nature.

Some of us like to party.

Some of us like to relax.

Some like none of the above.

And that's OK.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4029176 said:
Do you think society as a whole would be better or worse after legalization?

Clearly I think the answer is worse. No amount of extra revenue for the government makes it worth doing then.

I don't think it will change at all, people that want to smoke weed smoke weed already, only difference is the government will make a ton of money off it and millions of jobs will be created.

Instead of shipping the money out to Mexico, Colombia etc; it'll stay right here in America.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo 2 Austin;4029423 said:
I don't think it will change at all, people that want to smoke weed smoke weed already, only difference is the government will make a ton of money off it and millions of jobs will be created.
:facepalm:

You gotta be kidding me.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4029426 said:
:facepalm:

You gotta be kidding me.

How am I kidding you? Millions may be an exaggeration, a million probably not.

From farmers to marketers, weed-infused drinks to "special" brownies, from local stores being more profitable and hiring more to 711 expanding due to increased profits.

Weed is a 39 billion dollar industry. I'm sure that translates into a million jobs, atleast.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4029423 said:
I don't think it will change at all, people that want to smoke weed smoke weed already, only difference is the government will make a ton of money off it

I have to agree.

I do not smoke weed ...... and would not if it was legal.

but I see no difference in it and beer, which I also do not drink.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4029440 said:
How am I kidding you? Millions may be an exaggeration, a million probably not.

From farmers to marketers, weed-infused drinks to "special" brownies, from local stores being more profitable and hiring more to 711 expanding due to increased profits.

Weed is a 39 billion dollar industry. I'm sure that translates into a million jobs, atleast.

You mean jobs that Americans don't want to do. :laugh2:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4029385 said:
And you think police are kicking in doors over this? When I say QP I mean carrying that amount with you.

Are you suggesting that any police officer who had probable cause enough to get a warrant would not execute that warrant?

The laws are based on posession. Doesn't matter if it is in your freezer, your trunk, hidden in your door panel or in a backpack on the seat next to you. If they have probable cause to search they will.

I would bet most cops would kick down your door if they knew you had a QP.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Good ole Amsterdam just a 8-10 hour road trip for me :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Vtwin;4029522 said:
Are you suggesting that any police officer who had probable cause enough to get a warrant would not execute that warrant?

The laws are based on posession. Doesn't matter if it is in your freezer, your trunk, hidden in your door panel or in a backpack on the seat next to you. If they have probable cause to search they will.

I would bet most cops would kick down your door if they knew you had a QP.

Unless you were selling why would they think you had a large amount? Man the paranoia is kicking in. :laugh2:

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4029176 said:
Do you think society as a whole would be better or worse after legalization?

Clearly I think the answer is worse. No amount of extra revenue for the government makes it worth doing then.

Give me one reason as to why it would be worse. Alcohol causes more deaths per year than any drug. There are NO cases of anyone dying from weed, yet alcohol is legal. Weed doesn't make people violent, where as ALCOHOL does.

Legalize it, tax it, sell it. Creat more jobs, create more revenue, and quit tying up the court system with stupid cases.

I've been to Amsterdam, where people freely smoke weed EVERYWHERE. It's not uncommon to see families with children riding by as people are smoking. Why? The taboo there isn't the same. It's honestly not a big deal.

You don't smoke? Don't do it. Simple.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Rynie;4029672 said:
Give me one reason as to why it would be worse. Alcohol causes more deaths per year than any drug. There are NO cases of anyone dying from weed, yet alcohol is legal. Weed doesn't make people violent, where as ALCOHOL does.

Legalize it, tax it, sell it. Creat more jobs, create more revenue, and quit tying up the court system with stupid cases.

I've been to Amsterdam, where people freely smoke weed EVERYWHERE. It's not uncommon to see families with children riding by as people are smoking. Why? The taboo there isn't the same. It's honestly not a big deal.

You don't smoke? Don't do it. Simple.

This comparison to alcohol doesn't work, largely because alcohol is widely accessible. Alcohol related deaths also outnumber gun related deaths, I think it's safe to say guns are far more dangerous than alcohol.

We can't say for sure what the effects of legalizing weed will be, because it has never been as accessible as alcohol or cigs, etc.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
vta;4029810 said:
This comparison to alcohol doesn't work, largely because alcohol is widely accessible. Alcohol related deaths also outnumber gun related deaths, I think it's safe to say guns are far more dangerous than alcohol.

We can't say for sure what the effects of legalizing weed will be, because it has never been as accessible as alcohol or cigs, etc.

Guess which is easier to get in a high school.

And guns aren't inherently more dangerous than booze. The fact that some people shoot other people shouldn't be an indictment about guns in general. People who shoot others have the intent. Use a spork as a weapon and I'm sure you could get the job done. Anything can be more dangerous than alcohol if we start using them with the intent to harm.

Unintentional alcohol death occurs at a rate far too often. We can't say what the effects will be but we can look at the sheer number of users and make some educated guesses.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4029853 said:
Guess which is easier to get in a high school.

Would that give us a better picture of how it might be if it were more widely accessible? Or is comparing it to something worse supposed to make it better?

How low is a societies fall when it has to defend it's actions via an incremental scale of wasteful habits and horrible incidents? That alone should make the statement that maybe it's not really a worthwhile effort.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
vta;4029908 said:
Would that give us a better picture of how it might be if it were more widely accessible? Or is comparing it to something worse supposed to make it better?

How low is a societies fall when it has to defend it's actions via an incremental scale of wasteful habits and horrible incidents? That alone should make the statement that maybe it's not really a worthwhile effort.

No, but it should tell us it's just as accessible, it not more, than alcohol.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4029920 said:
No, but it should tell us it's just as accessible, it not more, than alcohol.

Because it's easier to sneak into school? I thought you were referring to guns with that. Be that as it may, that doesn't mean it's more accessible than alcohol. It's clearly not.

gmoney112

Reaction score
vta;4030038 said:
Because it's easier to sneak into school? I thought you were referring to guns with that. Be that as it may, that doesn't mean it's more accessible than alcohol. It's clearly not.

Dude, how old are you? Any normal college student can spend all of 5 minutes calling someone who knows someone and have a bag of indoor strain within the hour. If the same college student isn't 21 then alcohol isn't near as accessible. They have to find someone to get it for them. If they are 21 it's about level playing field, IF they live in a wet county.

That same 19 year old college student who got a bag in 10 minutes, if he got busted would lose financial aid for life and would be ruled a deviant of society. But if that same student was caught ****canned at a party, passed out in his own urine and vomit, he'd get a Minor in Consumption or a Minor in Possession, a simple ticket you can pay online.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
gmoney112;4030407 said:
Dude, how old are you? Any normal college student can spend all of 5 minutes calling someone who knows someone and have a bag of indoor strain within the hour. If the same college student isn't 21 then alcohol isn't near as accessible. They have to find someone to get it for them. If they are 21 it's about level playing field, IF they live in a wet county.

That same 19 year old college student who got a bag in 10 minutes, if he got busted would lose financial aid for life and would be ruled a deviant of society. But if that same student was caught ****canned at a party, passed out in his own urine and vomit, he'd get a Minor in Consumption or a Minor in Possession, a simple ticket you can pay online.

I'm not even sure of your point. In paragraph one, you lay out why it is more accessible, in paragraph two, you prove it's not. Being able to get something isn't the same as being able to get something and use it in total freedom.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
vta;4030569 said:
I'm not even sure of your point. In paragraph one, you lay out why it is more accessible, in paragraph two, you prove it's not. Being able to get something isn't the same as being able to get something and use it in total freedom.

I just graduated high school last month, if I wanted weed I could get it in a moment. Alcohol you need a fake ID to get when your under 18,as you rarely would have friends over 21.

Weed is as easy to get as Coca-Cola in my town, I don't smoke weed, want to make that clear, but the dealers in my area deliver it to you wherever you are.