Twitter: Hurns visiting

phildadon86

Reaction score
I said next year. And if he can't keep playing, he could just retire.

Bad backs just get worse when you play football.
Really? DLaw had back problems and just put up a career year. Seems like his got better. Not worse.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It comes down to a 2 year 16 mil dollar contract.
It's not that insane unless the injuries have made him a shell of his former self.

If we let him walk, I'm fine with it. However, when guys like Moncrief get a 9.6mil contract over 1 year, giving a 2 year 16 mil contract to a guy who at least put up good numbers 2 years ago isn't that farfetched. He is 26 years old.

Sounds like the Cowboys paying insane because the Jaguars did.

None of these guys have produced even what the much-maligned Terrance Williams has given this team over the past several years.

I'd pay the two New England tackles that $16 million over two years and shore up my biggest strength before I'd use it on a guy coming off of not one, but two poor years.

The Natural

Reaction score
I could see it.

Hurns + Ridley + Switzer = Dak friendly?

After last season I want Dez as far away from Dak as possible.
What is this "Dak friendly" bs I keep reading on this board? How about the guy learns how to throw an accurate football beyond 10 yards and then the offense can be friendly for everybody.

phildadon86

Reaction score

None of these guys have produced even what the much-maligned Terrance Williams has given this team over the past several years.

I'd pay the two New England tackles that $16 million over two years and shore up my biggest strength before I'd use it on a guy coming off of not one, but two poor years.
I wish the updates on this visit were faster. Anticipation is impeding my work progress today

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed on the oline and Zeke.

But this may be Smiths last year if his back keeps giving him problems. We can release him after this year and it frees up about 5 mill. That would offset Fred and Martin. But we would have a big whole to fill.

That's why LT is probably a higher priority than LG in the draft. Unless the team feels comfortable with Smith playing a few more years.

They seem to always put too much faith in injured guys "just getting better". And it usually bites them.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What is this "Dak friendly" bs I keep reading on this board? How about the guy learns how to throw an accurate football beyond 10 yards and then the offense can be friendly for everybody.
It took Wentz an entire season and his FO putting WRs that complimented him on the team for him to have an MVP year. Wentz couldn't throw anything but screen passes in 2016. So your argument is kind of invalid

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why do you think he got franchised and not a long term deal?

They want another year to see.
Cleveland has a better chance at a Super bowl than Tyron being released at any point. Hes a top 3 LT in the league. GIve your head a shake

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I absolutely agree with this. It's like Dallas is making Dez the elephant in the room when the biggest difference in our offensive play from 2016 to 2017 was how the line played. I'm glad the front office seems to be aware of that, but knowing about it and doing something about it are two different things.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
They seem to always put too much faith in injured guys "just getting better". And it usually bites them.
It's hard with guys like Lee and Smith. They are better than most even if hurt. And they play hurt. But they also do miss games.

You roll the dice every year, because every year could be the last for them.

NE doesn't play that game. But I think they sometimes move on from players too fast. But they do keep on winning so it's hard to question them.

The Natural

Reaction score
It took Wentz an entire season and his FO putting WRs that complimented him on the team for him to have an MVP year. Wentz couldn't throw anything but screen passes in 2016. So your argument is kind of invalid

1. Eagles added more talented WRs to their team, it wasn't about "compliment". Algohor was there for Wentz rookie year and just had a career year this past season. If we had Wentz at QB this past year we wouldn't even be talking about adding WRs.

2. Don't compare anything this team does to a team that just won a SB. Philly is running laps around this joke of a franchise.

Ya'll gotta get out of this Dak friendly nonsense. A rookie WR, freaking Ryan Switzer and Allen Hurns. Give me a break.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I absolutely agree with this. It's like Dallas is making Dez the elephant in the room when the biggest difference in our offensive play from 2016 to 2017 was how the line played. I'm glad the front office seems to be aware of that, but knowing about it and doing something about it are two different things.

I'm not exactly sure what the front office is aware of right now.

Their moves, non-moves, and visits don't make much sense to me at the moment.

At this point, I see them down to four offensive linemen. And they're currently visiting with what is almost certain to be an overpriced #2 receiver in Allen Hurns?

Call it panic, but I'd make sure I had at least one of these tackles signed, preferably both, before I ever considered even talking contract with Allen Hurns.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's hard with guys like Lee and Smith. They are better than most even if hurt. And they play hurt. But they also do miss games.

You roll the dice every year, because every year could be the last for them.

NE doesn't play that game. But I think they sometimes move on from players too fast. But they do keep on winning so it's hard to question them.

Because of coaching and QB play. Whatever else is around that doesn't seem to matter.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Hes walking out the Cowboys HQ without signing a contract today ain't he.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Cleveland has a better chance at a Super bowl than Tyron being released at any point. Hes a top 3 LT in the league. GIve your head a shake
He was. But he wasn't last year. Could he come back healthy and be that guy again? I hope so. But "hope ain't a tactic"