Hurts named starting QB

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the subtle rivalry going on between @stasheroo and @ThatLikesGuy.

Interesting stuff. They're like pro boxers constantly feeling each other out with jabs and a few combos thrown in, but nothing too serious yet.

He’s a great poster, but he’s said enough negatives about Dak while think Wentz was god to get his share of grief this time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We have more than 1 year to go of.. When’s the last time Dak has beat a good team?

A QB that wants to HOG all the cap space should accidentally beat a good team every now and then..

Dak just pads a bunch of stats on bad teams and then guys like you Pom Pom for him.

Id rather be bad then stay on this mediocre path.

Didnt you just say that no QB can win with this defense? Put your foot in your mouth much?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Didnt you just say that no QB can win with this defense? Put your foot in your mouth much?

No I didn’t say no QB could win with this defense..

I think there are QBs out there that would get out to quicker starts and actually allow us to play with a lead.

The offense was trash for most of those games and inflated the numbers at the end..

Notice in the Rams game we didn’t score a million 2nd half points? Cause they don’t suck on defense and weren’t a million points ahead playing soft defense.

Sheepish

Reaction score
You don't sit your franchise QB. Once you sit him that's it. You can't go back to him. This is why this is moronic. I think Wentz sucks but the Eagles can't say they felt that way because they gave up multiple 1st and 2nd round picks to get him and then spent 100 million on him.

Dak struggled in 2017 for sure but for the most part he never deserved being benched. Truly, Wentz probably doesn't either but Peterson is trying to save his job.
I don't completely understand this thought either. If Hurts lays a big egg next week they can just go right back to Wentz. If Hurts plays well the point will be moot, but there is nothing that says that they can't play Wentz again.

On the other hand, if you're suggesting that Wentz is now guaranteed to leave at the end of the season, then maybe I get it. But is Wentz really good enough that he can absolutely refuse to take this on the chin? IIRC Wentz was criticized in the past for arrogance and selfishness (e.g. https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-view-carson-wentz-as-selfish-and-egotistical)

Also the entire NFL knows how bad his performance has been this season. It's not all his fault but even without playmakers around him he has been much worse than expected. Who will sign him and take on that contract? Someone will, but it's just as likely at this point that Wentz becomes another Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith which most people don't want.

This year, Mitch Trubisky was benched for Nick Foles for several games, and then he started again. Some would say he's not a franchise QB since he has no new contract. But he was a top two draft pick for whom the team traded away a ton of picks and was criticized for doing so.

There was also an aging Brett Favre, who was benched for Aaron Rodgers. It was of course, the right decision but Favre didn't accept it and went on to have two very good seasons with the Jets and Vikings. In that situation, the Packers couldn't go back to him. But Wentz is no Favre...and I wouldn't take him over Dak either.

IMO The Eagles gave him a huge contract on the basis of a Super Bowl that was really due to Nick Foles. It has backfired.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Really thought that was gonna be roughing/running into the kicker or something lol.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Also...

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't completely understand this thought either. If Hurts lays a big egg next week they can just go right back to Wentz. If Hurts plays well the point will be moot, but there is nothing that says that they can't play Wentz again.

On the other hand, if you're suggesting that Wentz is now guaranteed to leave at the end of the season, then maybe I get it. But is Wentz really good enough that he can absolutely refuse to take this on the chin? IIRC Wentz was criticized in the past for arrogance and selfishness (e.g. https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...-view-carson-wentz-as-selfish-and-egotistical)

Also the entire NFL knows how bad his performance has been this season. It's not all his fault but even without playmakers around him he has been much worse than expected. Who will sign him and take on that contract? Someone will, but it's just as likely at this point that Wentz becomes another Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith which most people don't want.

This year, Mitch Trubisky was benched for Nick Foles for several games, and then he started again. Some would say he's not a franchise QB since he has no new contract. But he was a top two draft pick for whom the team traded away a ton of picks and was criticized for doing so.

There was also an aging Brett Favre, who was benched for Aaron Rodgers. It was of course, the right decision but Favre didn't accept it and went on to have two very good seasons with the Jets and Vikings. In that situation, the Packers couldn't go back to him. But Wentz is no Favre...and I wouldn't take him over Dak either.

IMO The Eagles gave him a huge contract on the basis of a Super Bowl that was really due to Nick Foles. It has backfired.
You're missing my point. I'm not saying they shouldn't go back to him. I'm not saying they won't. I'm saying he's damaged goods. When you bench your franchise QB that Quarterback doesn't ever hit his potential. Its just how it is. I don't make the rules.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
All of these QB contracts have gotten stupid and team crushing if they don’t perform.

I think Wentz bounces back. I believe in his ability. 1 bad year doesn’t change my mind.. Especially when it was obvious to me before the season he was going to struggle.

You are truly something...If Dak played 1/10 as bad as Wentz in one half...let alone for a season, you would be demanding him bench and cut/traded.

You people are special.