Hurts named starting QB

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Is there ever going back to Wentz or does this spell the end of Wentz in Philly? Wonder what his trade value is on a restructured contract?

Carson

Reaction score
Is there ever going back to Wentz or does this spell the end of Wentz in Philly? Wonder what his trade value is on a restructured contract?
Knowing Philly and Roseman, somebody will see in and take the contract

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Good...hope he sparks them for a few more wins to hurt that draft pick!

Sydla

Reaction score
Knowing Philly and Roseman, somebody will see in and take the contract

Someone might, but the big issue is can Philly afford to move him? The cap hit in a trade for them is really not great.

John813

Reaction score
They'll attempt to trade him after June 1st and receive 25mil in savings for 2021.
If pre June 1st they won't get much savings for this year, but no dead cap in 2022.
They will pay his roster bonus which will be more attractive for any team looking for a cheap, possible rebound QB.
His cap hit for the next team will be in the low 20's to finish out his contract, if there is no restructuring involved.

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
The whole thing just seems stupid. Some are trying to spin it up here that Philly was smart to takes Hurts in the 2nd because they had questions about Wentz.............. but the franchise gave him over $100MM less than a year earlier. So they were stupid at some point........
howie the bean counter messed up horribly with the wentz deal. they needed to get out from under it to continue playing the free agency game. ergo, they took hurts. that gave them a good qb on the cheap while they looked for a way out of the wentz deal. but unfortunately, wentz began to stink up the place and they're now stuck with him. i think it highly unlikely any team would be willing to take over his ridiculous deal. they'll probably have to settle for a deal where they at least pick up a good portion of his contract. i hope we don't screw the pooch the same way with dak's impending new deal.

cern

Reaction score
All of these QB contracts have gotten stupid and team crushing if they don’t perform.

I think Wentz bounces back. I believe in his ability. 1 bad year doesn’t change my mind.. Especially when it was obvious to me before the season he was going to struggle.
why did you find it obvious? and what changes for next year?

phildadon86

Reaction score
All of these QB contracts have gotten stupid and team crushing if they don’t perform.

I think Wentz bounces back. I believe in his ability. 1 bad year doesn’t change my mind.. Especially when it was obvious to me before the season he was going to struggle.
Yeah and your QB analysis to this point has been stellar. Minus the one year he’s been pretty horrible at decision making.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watch Hurts play a lot of games, we haven't seen the last of Wentz. I don't think this is a changing of the guard.

Hurts gives them a better chance to avoid sacks behind that swinging door OL. He is not as accurate a passer as Wentz which is why he lost his job at Bama. But he will pull it down and take off quicker than Wentz just out of instinct.

Wentz's problem is Hurts is well liked and the Bama players still talk about how he took being replaced in the championship game by Tua. He's a team QB and as good a leader as Prescott. Wentz has to play the backup role as well as Hurts did for him or he could have some real problems.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
why did you find it obvious? and what changes for next year?

He’s surrounded by chaos..

OL in shambles to start the year.

WR’s in shambles..

Then Ertz goes out.

Miles Sanders misses every other game.

It was a bad situation.

He won the division last year with a lot of problems but those problems finally caught up and its caused him to be a deer in the headlights at times..

Ive seen him play at a extremely high level.. I think he gets there again.

I’ll be wrong today but right tomorrow on this one I believe.. We’ll see.