Hutchinson looks terrible

Gaede

Reaction score
Didn't read a page but for the first one, so I'm sure plenty of people have already said what I am going to;

Who cares? They both suck.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
jterrell said:
I agree with this.
I supported the better talent but the worse person. Not much friggin solace in that. Carter has to buy tickets if he wants to ge tint he stadium nowadays after burning two teams for trying to trust him.

The answer to me and the lesson I think I learned is don't put too many eggs in the basket of young QBs.
:hammer:

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The thinking around here was:

Chutch reminds me of Dan Marino, without the ability, the brains or the numbers.....

sounds almost like a Ryan Leaf comparison

50cent

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I wasn't going to respond in this thread any more, but your post changed my mind.

Was there racism? Yes, for some fans I am sure there was. I am also sure it went both ways.

Simple question, does that mean all fans who disliked his game are guilty of that nonsense? Does it mean all fans who rooted for him did so only because of his skin color? I find this kind of labeling of others to be dangerous, and I find it to be insulting. In saying this I am not accusing you of it. I just want to emphasize that denying it existed in some is silly, but assuming it was a sweeping thing that encompassed everyone is truly outrageous.

I was never a fan of his at Georgia. In fact, I did not want to draft him and when we did I was sick. I think he makes too many poor decisions to ever be an elite QB. In turns out he was making them off the field as well as on it.

I got labeled a "hater" for stating my opinion that he was not very good. Because I stood by my opinion some guys started to hate me and it is still very personal with them to this day. I'll be honest, I don't understand that. I am never going to look at you, or anyone else, and decide to hate you over your opinions.

In one thread on this QB I complimented him on his work ethic and said I appreciated his character. In fact I went so far as to say I hoped my daughters dated young men with morals like him. Obviously at the time I had no idea about his drug use or I wouldn't have said that. In that same thread I never backed off my opinion that he simply wasn't very good. One poster who has replied several times in this thread openly accused me of being a racist. The good things I said about him were completely ignored.

That kind of hysteria is why this particular player is so hated. It has nothing to do with the man himself. He is hated because of his most ardent fans who made it very personal. There is not a doubt in my mind that many fans rooted for Hutch just so the Q fans would go nuts. I've never seen anything like it. Well, at least not until our current Henson vs. Romo nonsense.

The fan base is still divided but suddenly race isn't the issue. That's my whole point. It never should have been an issue because the people who post here for the most part deserve the benefit of the doubt and they never got it.

I have never seen a situation more unreal than the QB wars on Cowboys sites. If it had been over players who were great it would have been fun. I'm sorry, they weren't great.

My initial reaction and post in this thread was to lambast the fact that this hatred of fellow fans still exists over 2 guys who don't even play here any more. Saying that either side should apologize for having liked a player is just stupid in my opinion. That kind of chest thumping arrogance is insulting and will do nothing but stir up more hatred. Anyone who thinks it will cow the other side is out of their freaking mind.

I liked Jamar Martin and couldn't stand Darian Barnes. We kept Barnes and waived Martin. Should I apologize for that? No, I should be allowed my right to an opinion.
I know for one that I in certain situations thought that part of the dislike for QC was ecause of race. It did get very heated at times, but I never lost respect for one single person for their opinion even when I thought their opinion was based on race. I'm sorry if you thought I thought you were racist, but I didn't. I don't know you and I'm not sure your speaking of me. My basis for the race discussion is solely based on listening to Dallas Sports Radio everyday during that debate and hearing many insensitive remarks toward the man even afters wins.

Little Jr and I stayed at each others throats as well as TD3 and never would I allow the debate to force me to slam my keyboard or anything of that magnitude. Its someones opinion, not fact. Now I will say this, I could never read certain peopples post, because they were entirely too long and that made me want to slam my keyboard. I mean every post, on and on and on! :) If anyone got to me about that whole thing it was, Spags. I truly thought he walked a thin line between personal attack and bad journalism. To read Dales TC updates everyday pass for pass and then to read Micks articles, it made me wonder if Mick really watched the practice or did he let his pick cloud his opinion, not based on race. I too this day still can not understand how someone that works within the organization can be so far from the pulse of the team as Mick has consistently shown.

PS- If I called or you thought I labeled you a racist, I sincerely apologize. As you know, we both have gone on to respect one anothers post ever since, but after reading your last post, it was the first time I ever thought you felt that way. If you were speaking of me, I AM SORRY!

Hutch Still Sucks....................... ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
50cent said:
I know for one that I in certain situations thought that part of the dislike for QC was ecause of race. It did get very heated at times, but I never lost respect for one single person for their opinion even when I thought their opinion was based on race. I'm sorry if you thought I thought you were racist, but I didn't. I don't know you and I'm not sure your speaking of me. My basis for the race discussion is solely based on listening to Dallas Sports Radio everyday during that debate and hearing many insensitive remarks toward the man even afters wins.

Little Jr and I stayed at each others throats as well as TD3 and never would I allow the debate to force me to slam my keyboard or anything of that magnitude. Its someones opinion, not fact. Now I will say this, I could never read certain peopples post, because they were entirely too long and that made me want to slam my keyboard. I mean every post, on and on and on! :) If anyone got to me about that whole thing it was, Spags. I truly thought he walked a thin line between personal attack and bad journalism. To read Dales TC updates everyday pass for pass and then to read Micks articles, it made me wonder if Mick really watched the practice or did he let his pick cloud his opinion, not based on race. I too this day still can not understand how someone that works within the organization can be so far from the pulse of the team as Mick has consistently shown.

PS- If I called or you thought I labeled you a racist, I sincerely apologize. As you know, we both have gone on to respect one anothers post ever since, but after reading your last post, it was the first time I ever thought you felt that way. If you were speaking of me, I AM SORRY!

Hutch Still Sucks....................... ;)
No 50 you did not and I was not speaking of you. We had some battles but they were respectful and are a big reason why you and I now get along.

50cent

Reaction score
Hostile said:
No 50 you did not and I was not speaking of you. We had some battles but they were respectful and are a big reason why you and I now get along.
I'm glad you cleared that up. I feel very strong about pre-judging people. I don't feel I could be real with myself if I passed such judgment onto someone else without proof or meeting that person.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
50cent said:
I'm glad you cleared that up. I feel very strong about pre-judging people. I don't feel I could be real with myself if I passed such judgment onto someone else without proof or meeting that person.
Just keep saying it with me 50, Ahmad Brooks and Haloti Ngata.

:grin:

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Ken said:
So seriously,
all of the Mother hutchers(love that) need to apologize for having serious illusions about the mans ability.

Granted, Q is in rehab, but at least he was a starting qb that didn't embarass himself in the NFl.

Let me give you a reason or two on that one...

Hutch played behind the worst joke of an offensive line in NFL history that year in 2002. That worthless dumbo scheme of zone blocking, that our offensive genius Bruce Coslet brought in, was the worst idea that ever befell our beloved Cowboys. Totally horrible! I also remember the talent level had fallen so far, plus coupled with that, the worthless offensive scheme that Dallas used during the regular season made a 5 and 11 record look dignified. Remember Dallas signature big play that year... Dallas would roll right while the blocking TE Tony McGee would fall down and then get up, run to the opposite side of the field and the QB would throw back all the way across the field to him against the pressure baring down on him. Even that play failed a time or two once teams figured it out.
But, usually Hutch would get the ball snapped to him and the opposing defensive line would be like running the crease of the Red Sea after Moses (thru the power of the Lord) split it. IMO, Hutch showed some moxie and toughness that year after being pummeled mercilessly. I believe he would not have been so gun shy had Dallas had a decent showing during his time as a starter here. Getting crushed by several two hundred ninety and three hundred pound guys tends to do that to a fella.

You must not have watched much football if you don't think Squincy didn't embarrass himself... I remember his rookie debut at home against TB... Wasnt' he something like 8 for 25 with a pick or two... Absolutely horrible. Watching Q throw a football should have been reserved for late night talk show jokes. Drafting a guy two rounds too high who had trouble throwing a spiral and had trouble taking a snap from under center was totally ludicrous. Do you remember Q overthrowing a WIDE OPEN Antonio Bryant that could have won a game at home against NYG on the last play of the game. I agree Hutch doesn't look worth a darn nowadays, but I don't think it's fair to say that Hutch has been worse because of any lack of ability, or Q has been better because of any coaching or some mysterious type of pedigree.

Quarterbacks being able to be playmakers has good merit, yes, but it's still a team game and it all boils down to chemistry and being able to lead a choreographed offense against a defense trying to stop you. If your offense is better than the defense defending their side of the field it is never the ability of just one position. But, if you have three or four really good players on the offense, that's usually good for at least some individual statistics.

wileedog

Reaction score
aardvark said:
Let me give you a reason or two on that one...

Hutch played behind the worst joke of an offensive line in NFL history that year in 2002. That worthless dumbo scheme of zone blocking, that our offensive genius Bruce Coslet brought in, was the worst idea that ever befell our beloved Cowboys. Totally horrible! I also remember the talent level had fallen so far, plus coupled with that, the worthless offensive scheme that Dallas used during the regular season made a 5 and 11 record look dignified. Remember Dallas signature big play that year... Dallas would roll right while the blocking TE Tony McGee would fall down and then get up, run to the opposite side of the field and the QB would throw back all the way across the field to him against the pressure baring down on him. Even that play failed a time or two once teams figured it out.
But, usually Hutch would get the ball snapped to him and the opposing defensive line would be like running the crease of the Red Sea after Moses (thru the power of the Lord) split it. IMO, Hutch showed some moxie and toughness that year after being pummeled mercilessly. I believe he would not have been so gun shy had Dallas had a decent showing during his time as a starter here. Getting crushed by several two hundred ninety and three hundred pound guys tends to do that to a fella.

You must not have watched much football if you don't think Squincy didn't embarrass himself... I remember his rookie debut at home against TB... Wasnt' he something like 8 for 25 with a pick or two... Absolutely horrible. Watching Q throw a football should have been reserved for late night talk show jokes. Drafting a guy two rounds too high who had trouble throwing a spiral and had trouble taking a snap from under center was totally ludicrous. Do you remember Q overthrowing a WIDE OPEN Antonio Bryant that could have won a game at home against NYG on the last play of the game. I agree Hutch doesn't look worth a darn nowadays, but I don't think it's fair to say that Hutch has been worse because of any lack of ability, or Q has been better because of any coaching or some mysterious type of pedigree.

Quarterbacks being able to be playmakers has good merit, yes, but it's still a team game and it all boils down to chemistry and being able to lead a choreographed offense against a defense trying to stop you. If your offense is better than the defense defending their side of the field it is never the ability of just one position. But, if you have three or four really good players on the offense, that's usually good for at least some individual statistics.

Hutch could have played behind our early 90's O-line and still would have been sacked every other play. He has the pocket presence of a stoned slug. Making excuses for him now rings very, very hollow watching him self-destruct in Chicago.

Neither of these guys was any good. End of story.

Can we go back to 30 page arguments over our backup QB now?

Reaction score
Hutch was and is and always will be a better QB then crack head carter...
Did carter ever even learn to take a snap?

Coslett was a offensive genius...He had coached #1 ranked offenses before!

Was it his fault we had more injury's in our Oline then ever before in team history?

We were starting FA's off the street....
Foolish fans don't seem to understand these things...

But Carter never could be worth a damn!

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
BHendri5 said:
He's a guy who hated Carter and was let down by Hutch, and he is still bitter I guess.

Your a guy that hated Hutch and was let down by Carter. Still bitter?

Who gives a rip? Both were bad while they were here. One is out of the NFL, the other is on his way out.

I was a Hutch supporter. I couldn't care less what he's doin now. QC and Hutch are not starting material. May both of them find equal success or failure in the CFL.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Hutch was and is and always will be a better QB then crack head carter...

Thats just not true. I WAS a Hutch supporter. He never reached the level(tho mediocre) that Carter did. Both were bad......carter sucked a little less. We did make the playoffs in spite of T-ham adn Carter tho.

I thought Hutch would mature into a fine QB, but he was handled wrong.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
I agree with you Hollywood on the OL injury situation from that year, but I also say you don't take offensive linemen who have been power blockers for twelve years and then turn them into finesse zone blockers... Sorry that just doesn't work...

Plus I don't agree about your Bruce Coslet assessment. Coslet plain sucked... Why the Cowboys would hire an offensive genius who quit his most previous HC stop in Bengal Land three games into the season two years earlier doesn't make sense to me. How many of those #1 offenses won a SB??? He didn't do jack squat with the Gals or Jets. Coslet might be a decent OC with the right guys and some time, he wasn't jack for a HC.