Hutchinson looks terrible

50cent

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Sorry Guys, but it has to be said........
A-Train = Eddie George
Another drive like the last and ...............
Henson = Hutchinson
Everything Henson does reminds me of Hutchinson even down to that corny squat drop back!

Sounds like non-bashing to me.:rolleyes:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=466268#post466268
You pull out a comparison and call it bashing. Henson and Hutch have absolutely the same corny dropback. Bashing is when someone say Henson sucks, he'll never be a NFL QB. Get rid of his lame butt. Why didn't you pull up my quote stating that Henson deserves to at least sit 2 years like McNair before we judge him on his in-game performance? Move on please!

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
I swear this thread brings back those arguments of which turd smelled worse. :bang2:

Little Jr

Reaction score
50cent said:
Your a talented mind-reader too lord. Move on! Respectfull people are discussing on this thread without flaming! Your no longer need here.

Footnote to anyone viewing this thread- My posts on this thread are to point out that Hutch has yet to develop into a reliable NFL QB or develop any presence on the field. He has also yet to improve as a NFL player. These are the reason I post on this thread. I also question anyone that does or did see any potential in Chad, becuase I never saw it in him. These footnotes are here for the approval of Board God, BZ. So that we as Boys fans can discuss such topics not related to the current Boys with Board God's thumbs up.

Well I did see potential in Hutch. Not anymore though. You saw potential in Q. Q is out of the league and Hutch isnt too far behind. Looks like we were both wrong and right.

50cent

Reaction score
jcraw11 said:
The thing that i did not understand about Carter's critiques is that even though he showed improvement each year with the cowboys, people never accepted him as a young qb prospect. Maybe it was his speech problem or precieved lack of smarts but it seems he was always viewed as a dumb mobile quarterback who could not read the field and needed the offense to be facilitated to his mental ablility . I see other players like Harrington or Ramsey continually revcieve the benefit of the doubt without showing the improvement carter showed. I dont know it was a racial thing, but it just seems even before the drug issues he was never accepted or rooted for like most other young qbs around the league.
I must warn you, BZ will not approve of such responses, because QC is no longer a member of this team. This thread is purely about Hutch and his non-development as a QB like Ramsey and Harrington. Nice comparison or is that bashing? I'm confused!

50cent

Reaction score
Little Jr said:
Well I did see potential in Hutch. Not anymore though. You saw potential in Q. Q is out of the league and Hutch isnt too far behind. Looks like we were both wrong and right.
Man that was a respectful reply. I concur Little Jr. Please pass the sugar drops! My lord is watching and I wouldn't want to cross him. :bow: There have been 300 Henson/Romo threads without me replying to anyone of them. He brings out a comparison between their dropbacks and now I'm a basher, go figure! Are you still there my lord?

Little Jr

Reaction score
50cent said:
Man that was a respectful reply. I concur Little Jr. Please pass the sugar drops! My lord is watching and I wouldn't want to cross him. :bow: There have been 300 Henson/Romo threads without me replying to anyone of them. He brings out a comparison between their dropbacks and now I'm a basher, go figure! Are you still there my lord?

LOL!! I know.

ndanger

Reaction score
Man I will be so glad when we have our qb solid again.These threads are brutally painful to read and don't go telling me I don't have to read them.I'm here just like everyone else.....gettin' my Cowboy fix! Hey at least it aint crack.Although some would argue there are a few crack heads amongst us.We all know who they are too! :eek: :D :eek:

50cent

Reaction score
The funny thing is that I got burnt out on the QC / Hutch deal! Although when anyone post their names, it seems like nobody can have a civil convo about them. And it doesn't have to be that way.

CowboysLoyal

Reaction score
50cent said:
The funny thing is that I got burnt out on the QC / Hutch deal! Although when anyone post their names, it seems like nobody can have a civil convo about them. And it doesn't have to be that way.

Sure it does but you have to truely hate one or the other,lol j/k

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
50cent said:

What's to discuss? One's out of the league and the other is a struggling backup. It's about as useful as a debate over the practice squad depth.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Boom said:
What's to discuss? One's out of the league and the other is a struggling backup. It's about as useful as a debate over the practice squad depth.

Ding, ding, ding.

:hammer:

50cent

Reaction score
Boom said:
And didn't I see a PS thread today? Last I checked, 1 was a struggling starter too. Thats the one I'm posting about.

Ken

Reaction score
Boom said:

Maybe not useful, but we did spend a good 2 years debating this issue.

To me, it is a little redemption for never having seen Hutch as a viable qb prospect. No matter that he couldn't play in the World league, people defended him.

That is frustrating. The fact of the matter was, Carter was better than Hutch in every facet of the game. The fact that he is out of the league has nothing to do with his on the field ability or smarts.

In addition, i refuse to be held responsible for not knowing that Carter was a druggie. :)

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
BHendri5 said:
Carter desrves more Respect than some are not trying to give him.
No, he doesn't. The man always turned it over, wasn't very accurate and let the entire team down. Tells you where his priorities are. TO say we should show him some respect is rediculous. Does anyone go on a t-ham crusade whenever someone says "what do that mean?" No. But hey, Tham led our team to the playoffs just as much as qc.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Ken said:
Maybe not useful, but we did spend a good 2 years debating this issue.

To me, it is a little redemption for never having seen Hutch as a viable qb prospect. No matter that he couldn't play in the World league, people defended him.

That is frustrating. The fact of the matter was, Carter was better than Hutch in every facet of the game. The fact that he is out of the league has nothing to do with his on the field ability or smarts.

In addition, i refuse to be held responsible for not knowing that Carter was a druggie. :)

Let's cut to the chase here. Overall, Quincy was mediocre at best and Hutch just plain sucks. Period.

twa

Reaction score
Both of these guys were a gamble we took.

Both were not allowed to develop properly IMO

One we suffered thru his growing pains allowed playing time to the point I thought he MIGHT turn out to be a good QB.

One we gave a shot and realised was not the answer.

Which one COST us the most by his STUPIDITY as opposed to lack of development or talent?

Character Matters :banghead:

BlueWave

Reaction score
So did Favre tonight.

Funny how no one made a thread about how good Hutchinson looked in the first two preseason games.

But, if it makes us feel better......

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Such a load of crap. Neither side needs to apologize. Both had it dead wrong. Each side has no reason to crow. Each side has reason to hand their heads for ever believing the guy they endorsed was anything other than a glorified backup.

Nice job thumping your chest though.
I agree with this.
I supported the better talent but the worse person. Not much friggin solace in that. Carter has to buy tickets if he wants to ge tint he stadium nowadays after burning two teams for trying to trust him.

The answer to me and the lesson I think I learned is don't put too many eggs in the basket of young QBs.

50cent

Reaction score
BlueWave said:
So did Favre tonight.

Funny how no one made a thread about how good Hutchinson looked in the first two preseason games.

But, if it makes us feel better......
Hutchinson looked good in his first 2 games? Here are his pre-season game stats.

C. Hutchinson 10/18 124 0 0
C. Hutchinson 2/2 14 0 0
C. Hutchinson 5/8 40 0 2
C. Hutchinson 3/14 33 0 2

He has 1 debatable fair game! The overall performance is less than stellar. Progressively worse each week.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jcraw11 said:
The thing that i did not understand about Carter's critiques is that even though he showed improvement each year with the cowboys, people never accepted him as a young qb prospect. Maybe it was his speech problem or precieved lack of smarts but it seems he was always viewed as a dumb mobile quarterback who could not read the field and needed the offense to be facilitated to his mental ablility . I see other players like Harrington or Ramsey continually revcieve the benefit of the doubt without showing the improvement carter showed. I dont know it was a racial thing, but it just seems even before the drug issues he was never accepted or rooted for like most other young qbs around the league.
I wasn't going to respond in this thread any more, but your post changed my mind.

Was there racism? Yes, for some fans I am sure there was. I am also sure it went both ways.

Simple question, does that mean all fans who disliked his game are guilty of that nonsense? Does it mean all fans who rooted for him did so only because of his skin color? I find this kind of labeling of others to be dangerous, and I find it to be insulting. In saying this I am not accusing you of it. I just want to emphasize that denying it existed in some is silly, but assuming it was a sweeping thing that encompassed everyone is truly outrageous.

I was never a fan of his at Georgia. In fact, I did not want to draft him and when we did I was sick. I think he makes too many poor decisions to ever be an elite QB. In turns out he was making them off the field as well as on it.

I got labeled a "hater" for stating my opinion that he was not very good. Because I stood by my opinion some guys started to hate me and it is still very personal with them to this day. I'll be honest, I don't understand that. I am never going to look at you, or anyone else, and decide to hate you over your opinions.

In one thread on this QB I complimented him on his work ethic and said I appreciated his character. In fact I went so far as to say I hoped my daughters dated young men with morals like him. Obviously at the time I had no idea about his drug use or I wouldn't have said that. In that same thread I never backed off my opinion that he simply wasn't very good. One poster who has replied several times in this thread openly accused me of being a racist. The good things I said about him were completely ignored.

That kind of hysteria is why this particular player is so hated. It has nothing to do with the man himself. He is hated because of his most ardent fans who made it very personal. There is not a doubt in my mind that many fans rooted for Hutch just so the Q fans would go nuts. I've never seen anything like it. Well, at least not until our current Henson vs. Romo nonsense.

The fan base is still divided but suddenly race isn't the issue. That's my whole point. It never should have been an issue because the people who post here for the most part deserve the benefit of the doubt and they never got it.

I have never seen a situation more unreal than the QB wars on Cowboys sites. If it had been over players who were great it would have been fun. I'm sorry, they weren't great.

My initial reaction and post in this thread was to lambast the fact that this hatred of fellow fans still exists over 2 guys who don't even play here any more. Saying that either side should apologize for having liked a player is just stupid in my opinion. That kind of chest thumping arrogance is insulting and will do nothing but stir up more hatred. Anyone who thinks it will cow the other side is out of their freaking mind.

I liked Jamar Martin and couldn't stand Darian Barnes. We kept Barnes and waived Martin. Should I apologize for that? No, I should be allowed my right to an opinion.