Hypothetical on trading T.J. Bass

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The question isn't are you just willing though. It's are you taking the initiative and calling around the league looking to move Bass for a DT?
Yes. Putting my GM Hat on, I would have assistants calling around all the time to see what I could get for just about any scenario.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Bass isn't going to net you anymore than a 6th or 7th. Id rather have the depth & potential Martin replacement.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This was a Broaddus question that I think is interesting.

If you're weeks into camp and you feel good about the rookie OL are you willing to trade T.J. Bass (who Broaddus believes the league missed on and should have been drafted) for DL depth and DT in particular?

I guess the obvious answer is it depends on who that DL is, so let me tweak it. If you feel good about those rookies weeks into camp are you looking to trade Bass for a comparable DT?
absolutely not, guys are getting older (Martin) an injury can take place instantly, keep him!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This was a Broaddus question that I think is interesting.

If you're weeks into camp and you feel good about the rookie OL are you willing to trade T.J. Bass (who Broaddus believes the league missed on and should have been drafted) for DL depth and DT in particular?

I guess the obvious answer is it depends on who that DL is, so let me tweak it. If you feel good about those rookies weeks into camp are you looking to trade Bass for a comparable DT?
Wow, I’m in a state of shock. I’ve never seen you post anything substantive before. Speechless.

Creeper

Reaction score
What could we possibly get for a back for an undrafted backup OG? Also, keep in mind Martin is in the last year of his contract. Bass could be the guy that takes over for him if he leaves or retires. Considering they let Tyron go, I can see where they could let Martin go as well rather than sign him to a big contract.

TheDank

Reaction score
Trading Bass feels like Chavarious Ward 2.0. Bass is an excellent backup and probably an average starter at least right now. Keep that depth at the very least and let him keep getting stronger to become one of our starters. OL always has some injuries throughout the year.

Highly unlikely to get a depth piece with his upside in a player for player trade.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'd rather trade Zach Martin and start Bass.
The old Niners were masters at letting go of stars
a year or two early.
This, you beat me too it. Can we get a good DT for Martin, one would think!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He's cheap and under team control for three more seasons. I would not actively try to trade him.

Now if someone called, I would listen.

Don't forget, this franchise greatly overestimates their own roster. They tried to trade a 1st and Anthony Brown for Jamal Adams and the Jets laughed. Now, you could argue that Seattle greatly overpaid for Adams, but the going rate was two 1sts and a 3rd. Pretending Anthony Brown, who was picked up and cut by 3 NFL teams last year and is now out of the league, is equivalent to a 1st and 3rd is high-level delusion.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No not this year
If Bass seems to be solid as many think do you trade Martin for a kings ransom and keep adding draft picks in 2025.

Reaction score
It would have to be a helluva lopsided trade, good OL are just too hard to come by(and keep) and this team needs an above average OL to compete.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yes. But Player for player trades rarely happen, and I don’t think Bass’ name carries enough weight to fetch something worthwhile… yet