Hypothetical: What's the final margin of victory (or defeat) if (a) McCaffrey played

_sturt_

Reaction score
but no Tank... (b) if Tank played, but no McCaffrey... and (c) if both played.

I'll venture a guess first, I suppose...

With McCaffrey, but no Tank:
I'll say we win by 1, but it's really a matter of who would have the ball last.

With Tank, but no McCaffrey:
Think it's plausible one of those CAR TDs end up a FG instead, so to my mind, the margin is 12.

With both:
Think they both represent similar values to their side of the ball, so I'll stick with the actual margin, 8.

Interested in others' perspectives (self-evidently).

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score

Think it's plausible one of those CAR TDs end up a FG instead, so to my mind, the margin is 12.

With both:
Think they both represent similar values to their side of the ball, so I'll stick with the actual margin, 8.

Who cares? He didn’t

_sturt_

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I think it's interesting to read others' perspectives. (In this case, as it pertains to McCaffrey's value to them, and Tank's value to us, in some quantitative terms.) It's a lot of what I come here to do, actually.

Not your perspective, necessarily.

Aulac

Reaction score
I missed this game due to work, how did Dak do?

BHendri5

Reaction score
You know Carolina had 10 days to prepare for us. If McCaffrey had played I believe we would have never let up, he is a very good player but I don't believe he would have made that big of a difference.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the same.
the way we're dialed in right now...i don't think it moves the win in their column.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No way to know and not really worth the would’ve, could’ve, should’ve speculation that can’t be proven one way or the other.

cowboyec

Reaction score
and we're missing starters also.
ot la'el collins.
wr michael gallup.
de demarcus lawrence.
dt neville gallimore.
can't wait to get that infusion...soon.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

With both:

I think we still win, but its a much higher scoring game. I could also see where we lose. We lucked out. That is a great team we just played.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Friends... it's not a statement wrapped in a question. It's a God-honest question... for the reason given.

Stop the silly cynicism. It's not an under-the-breath attack to ask a question. And you're not making yourself superior to another person just because you decide to post a non-answer. In fact, you're making yourself seem a little desperate to gain some air of superiority to post at all, if that's your perspective. Most of us just move on when a thread doesn't interest us.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I'll play nice OP... for the sake of fun.

Our D with Tank holds em to 14-21 even with CMac in the game. Hubbard did well to get splash plays as well as DJ Moore at wr and out the backfield. Our offense would've applied the same pressure forcing Sam to throw more and he would've made the same mistakes.

We might've been more aggresive in the 2nd half just knowing CMac was in the game.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
about the same. Carolina's ability to run the ball wasn't the issue, it was the fact they gave over 200 yards on the ground

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
What if the panthers resurrected Bo Jackson's career? What would the score be?

_sturt_

Reaction score
it was the fact they gave over 200 yards on the ground

I think with Tank and no McCaffrey, the chunk plays they got on us would have been appreciably more limited... hence my thinking the margin grows by 4, and I think I might be being too charitable.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Is Mcaffrey able to play on defense and stop Zeke and pollard?

if not. Cowboys still win