Hypothetically, how much is Dak worth on the trade market?

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Watson is going to command a minimum of three 1sts and has a plethora of teams salivating despite his history.

How much do you think Dak could fetch considering his salary is less than Watson and he’s quite the PR darling.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With his contract and limited talent base, not 1 single team in the NFL would consider trading for inepto.......
He will eventually do the Coop and Dez walk(KARMA is a cruel mistress) as the cat is out of the bag for good old imposter Prescott!!!!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks a team wouldn’t trade for him are kidding themselves. Guys like Sam Bradford get traded for first round picks in this league.

What he would fetch, I don’t know, but some team would trade for him if he was on the market.

Adreme

Reaction score
Watson is going to command a minimum of three 1sts and has a plethora of teams salivating despite his history.

How much do you think Dak could fetch considering his salary is less than Watson and he’s quite the PR darling.

Considering the current structure of the deal you could get multiple 1s easily. You have 3 years left at 1.6m, 31m, and 29m which is basically nothing. I think if you did a post June 1 trade it would change those numbers a bit, but I am a little rusty on post June 1 bonus rules but in a pre June 1 deal you would basically take a 3 1s 3 2s and a player or two and then maybe consider it.

The problem is that I am not sure how you would get under the cap in a pre June 1 scenario. I would legitimately have no idea how you would make the 40 million needed in cap space just to get under.

Flamma

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks a team wouldn’t trade for him are kidding themselves. Guys like Sam Bradford get traded for first round picks in this league.

What he would fetch, I don’t know, but some team would trade for him if he was on the market.

Yeah, look at what Wentz has been traded for, and all he's done since 2017 is fail, and look terrible doing it.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
With his contract and limited talent base, not 1 single team in the NFL would consider trading for inepto.......
He will eventually do the Coop and Dez walk(KARMA is a cruel mistress) as the cat is out of the bag for good old imposter Prescott!!!!
was that a wwwwaaahhhh?

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Dak at minimum would be worth the same because he does not have the image issue. Watson is a little younger that evens it out. Both have had bad injuries in their careers. The reality is teams are desperate for top 12 quarterbacks because colleges did not produce any this season. The Commanders got Wentz for a conditional second and a third. That tells you how desperate teams are for a quarterback.

OhReally

Reaction score
Dak at minimum would be worth the same because he does not have the image issue. Watson is a little younger that evens it out. Both have had bad injuries in their careers. The reality is teams are desperate for top 12 quarterbacks because colleges did not produce any this season. The Commanders got Wentz for a conditional second and a third. That tells you how desperate teams are for a quarterback.

I have to disagree. If you had to choose between the 2. GMs would take Watson all day and twice on Sunday.

Hardline

Reaction score
Jerry Jones would be negotiating the deal so whatever you think Dak is worth, cut it in half.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have to disagree. If you had to choose between the 2. GMs would take Watson all day and twice on Sunday.
What makes you think that? Dak and Watson statistically are the same. Two differences are that Dak is older and Watson has big time off field issues. A GM would rather have a quarterback that they can go to bed at night and not worry about a player when they wake up. Dude I hope your not a troll that believes Dak should be flipping burgers at McDonalds.

DanA

Reaction score
He's untradeable right now because of the cap hit but at the end of the year we could eat 40m and probably trade him for two 1st round picks.

Hadenough

Reaction score

They might trade for him but not at that salary. And no team would trade for him that wanted to win a SB. 49ers are a QB away from being in the SB but Dak wouldn't be the answer.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

3.................. 1st Rounders for Dak?
Send me some of the stuff you are smoking!!!!:muttley:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Lol lol lol too funny