Hypothetically, how much is Dak worth on the trade market?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd love to see what Dak is worth on the open market. I'm guessing not much with his contract which was a perfect example of Jerry bidding against Stephen.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love you too Pappy.
c2ba0f8f3184f924b39c5337ee9de5ce--dallas-cowboys-my-heart.jpg

:muttley:

LittleD

Reaction score
What makes you think that? Dak and Watson statistically are the same. Two differences are that Dak is older and Watson has big time off field issues. A GM would rather have a quarterback that they can go to bed at night and not worry about a player when they wake up. Dude I hope your not a troll that believes Dak should be flipping burgers at McDonalds.

Most GM's would take a Brady over either one even at his age. QB's are really valuable if they are reliable in the playoffs and neither of those guys are worth their money.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Most GM's would take a Brady over either one even at his age. QB's are really valuable if they are reliable in the playoffs and neither of those guys are worth their money.
Brady is 45 years old and had the best offensive talent in the NFL last season. The Bucs had the best offensive line and the best receiver core. Brady can only play for a handful of teams. You saw him with the Patriots and he was headed to retirement his last season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady is 45 years old and had the best offensive talent in the NFL last season. The Bucs had the best offensive line and the best receiver core. Brady can only play for a handful of teams. You saw him with the Patriots and he was headed to retirement his last season.
hqdefault.jpg

Please post the photo with Dak's rings........I'll wait......:muttley:

Silly

Reaction score
$50.00 and a 6 pack of schlitz?

I would keep him. It is too hard to find a QB and the development process is so slow. Keep Dak, fix the line, the rushing game, and Kelen.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Considering the current structure of the deal you could get multiple 1s easily. You have 3 years left at 1.6m, 31m, and 29m which is basically nothing.

I would legitimately have no idea how you would make the 40 million needed in cap space just to get under.

The new trading partner would get those amounts left on his existing contract but look at the accelerated prorated bonuses we would be hit with.
Year.......Base Salary.......... Prorated Bonus
2022......$1,600,000................$18,130,000
2023......$31,000,000..............$18,130,000
2024......$29,000,000..............$18,130,000
2025........ Void........................$18,130,000
2026........ Void........................ $3,680,000

We would have to eat way more than 40 mil.
Any team taking any part of that bonus money would not be coughing up multiple 1st picks (easily....not happening)

LittleD

Reaction score

Yea, and every time Dak sees a good defensive line coming for him he shrinks like a violet.

Adreme

Reaction score
The new trading partner would get those amounts left on his existing contract but look at the accelerated prorated bonuses we would be hit with.
Year.......Base Salary.......... Prorated Bonus
2022......$1,600,000................$18,130,000
2023......$31,000,000..............$18,130,000
2024......$29,000,000..............$18,130,000
2025........ Void........................$18,130,000
2026........ Void........................ $3,680,000

We would have to eat way more than 40 mil.
Any team taking any part of that bonus money would not be coughing up multiple 1st picks (easily....not happening)

I was referring to 40 million over the cap. It is 76 million in dead money (or 56 million more than Dak's current cap hit) which is basically why you could ask for the moon because you are eating a large chunk of salary for a QB which means you are basically trading a QB for 3 years of barely above rookie level money.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Watson is going to command a minimum of three 1sts and has a plethora of teams salivating despite his history.

How much do you think Dak could fetch considering his salary is less than Watson and he’s quite the PR darling.
Seriously....I would bet it's something in the neighborhood of the Cooper trade. We would have to throw in a pick for someone to take that contract. Swap 5ths....we get a 4th.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

Please post the photo with Dak's rings........I'll wait......:muttley:
Unfair. Brady has more rings then the Cowboys franchise. Brady also has one more playoff games with the Bucs then the Cowboys have in the last 26 years.:facepalm:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dak Prescott would be worth two 1sts plus maybe a player.

Cap hit is higher than Wilson and has won all of one playoff game.

BTW....for those who wanted to just let him walk, don't be thinking the next move is happen to stumble upon the next Justin Herbert.....

Washington would have signed Dak immediately and WE would be the ones signing Fitzpatrick and deciding between Garraopolo, Wentz and Winston.

He is overpaid for sure but that's largely due to the alternative....and they made the right call.