Hypothetically, how much is Dak worth on the trade market?

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Im not sure if that’s allowed. A team can pay some of a player’s remaining contract before he’s traded (as what happened with Von Miller), but to reimburse a team for money already spent isn’t an NFL thing.

With that you’re effectively trading cap space separate from the contracts, which isn’t allowed. I’ve never heard of a team straight up trading cash for a player.

Found this online: “No money is able to be traded between teams for players.” Not from an official source though

I know you can in baseball, but their salary cap stuff is far more lenient than in the NFL

OK, thanks
I just added to previous message about Dak,
but Dak can give back bonus money towards cap and get the new team to issue a new bonus check.
I wouldn't do it but if wanted the trade, then maybe.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Or he is the solution. Dak should be good. I expect him to play well.
Why? . . . Why now?

I sincerely want to know how you come to this belief because for the life of me I do not get it.

I want to believe but there is Nothing that points to this besides wishful thinking

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Why? . . . Why now?

I sincerely want to know how you come to this belief because for the life of me I do not get it.

I want to believe but there is Nothing that points to this besides wishful thinking
What do you mean why now? Dak had a bad playoff game and you act like he is the worst quarterback in the history of the game. I got over the loss to San Francisco. You need to as well.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
OK, thanks
I just added to previous message about Dak,
but Dak can give back bonus money towards cap and get the new team to issue a new bonus check.
I wouldn't do it but if wanted the trade, then maybe.

Oh yeah that’s an option, but i think that would be unprecedented. But maybe if he had a new deal already planned out with team 2 that reimbursed (edit yeah what you said)

kskboys

Reaction score
With his contract and limited talent base, not 1 single team in the NFL would consider trading for inepto.......
He will eventually do the Coop and Dez walk(KARMA is a cruel mistress) as the cat is out of the bag for good old imposter Prescott!!!!
I know you hate Dak, but no use being stupid about it.

Dak would bring 2 firsts +. Easily. Too many QB needy teams out there for him not to. CAR, NYG, DET, WASH, PITT, NO.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know you hate Dak, but no use being stupid about it.

Dak would bring 2 firsts +. Easily. Too many QB needy teams out there for him not to. CAR, NYG, DET, WASH, PITT, NO.

You had to throw in the insult....just your nature I guess.
Well STUPID would be if the above miracle scenario occurred but then again you would probably need to have Jerry Jones as the GM of the offering team.
Unless there cloning people I'll stick to what I know that Dak isn't even worth a low # 1 pick at this point in his 7-year career!!!
Gimp with a very low talent bar for a QB!
P.S.Take your HATE world and you know exactly what to do with it!!!

OGCowboy

Reaction score
I’d take an Amari Cooper kinda trade in a heartbeat and Lmao while dumping that salary and getting a 5th and swapping the 6rd pic next year.
Happy Happy

tyke1doe

Reaction score
On where he is as a quarterback now? 3rd round pick, possibly a second round or a low first rounder. But no multiple first round picks for Dak.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Realistically, as a Dak supporter, if I was a GM attempting to trade him I would take a 1st, 2nd, and 4th round pick in 2022 and a 3rd round pick in 2023 that escalates to a 2nd round if his new team makes the playoffs and he started most of their games.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
No team would take on Dak's contract. Period. His trade value is negative. We'd have to give up multiple picks to get a rebuilding team to absorb that fat, loser hog of a contract.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He’d net us a hefty payout because there are other crap GM’s in the NFL. Unfortunately our crap GM will never trade him.

I’d take ONE first rounder as long it’s in the top half of the round.

ICP

Reaction score
Nothing with his current contract, well actually we could probably get 15 5th rounders

Dorsett33

Reaction score
With his contract and limited talent base, not 1 single team in the NFL would consider trading for inepto.......
He will eventually do the Coop and Dez walk(KARMA is a cruel mistress) as the cat is out of the bag for good old imposter Prescott!!!!
You hate Dak for other reasons cause that is the most ignorant statement I've seen on here....smh

morat1959

Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

Please post the photo with Dak's rings........I'll wait......:muttley:
How bout playoff wins????

kevm3

Reaction score
He could easily get a minimum of 2 firsts and possibly 3, but since its the Jones boy negotiating, we might get a 2nd rounder.