Hypothetically, how much is Dak worth on the trade market?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yea, and every time Dak sees a good defensive line coming for him he shrinks like a violet.
True but the offensive line fall apart right in front of our eyes. This is Dak’s make or break year.

LittleD

Reaction score
True but the offensive line fall apart right in front of our eyes. This is Dak’s make or break year.

So how bad can our line and QB be when that crap of a line in Cincy goes to the SB. Isn't our QB paid more than Burrows? Get real, dude.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No one and I mean no other team looks at Dak as high as the cowboys do. You can get a 1st maybe another pic but you won't get 2 1sts.

Here's the real deal. They will have to resign him or let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick. Dak signed a contract that keeps all the leverage with Dak. Knowing our front office they'll extend him another 5 years.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So how bad can our line and QB be when that crap of a line in Cincy goes to the SB. Isn't our QB paid more than Burrows? Get real, dude.
Really?? Comparing Dak to Burrows. No quarterback but Burrow could bring the Bungals out of the garbage. Dak trolls are funny.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Watson is going to command a minimum of three 1sts and has a plethora of teams salivating despite his history.

How much do you think Dak could fetch considering his salary is less than Watson and he’s quite the PR darling.
easily dak can get the same as RW or Watson i mean hes top 12 starter look at cousins deal..i mean come on no hypothetical needed our fan base may underappreciate dak but he could command a haul.top 10 guys dont grow on trees..32 teams fighting for the best 12 qbs , i mean they overpay and overcompensate to get one.

if dak were to be put on the open market and agreed to trade he would be more coveted then Watson, Watson has baggage , hasnt done squat without a team around him the knock on dak btw so why not ..look what RW got i can see dak getting simar haul.

ironic staying with the hypothetical

the browns would do it today lol give us Mayfield and 2 firsts and a 3rd. then daks back with AC and Jarvis would stay,,book that..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Watson is going to command a minimum of three 1sts and has a plethora of teams salivating despite his history.

How much do you think Dak could fetch considering his salary is less than Watson and he’s quite the PR darling.
DAK is worth 2 1st round picks, that is how much dallas would have to give a team to take on his contract !

And watson I doubt any team gives 3 1sts for him, at least I wouldnt. 1 at the most/

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dak is just another of our overpaid, overvalued players Jerry has on his payroll. You would have to be a really desperate team, think you are only a player away, and have an idiot GM....oh wait, i just described Dallas and Jerry. Yeah, that's about it. Don't see any firsts that's for sure.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Many here may not like this but Dak is still a starting caliber QB and his value , at minimum, is 2 first rounders plus players. A team like Seattle would def. make a call and kick the tires. They have the draft capital. We get Drew Locke, and 2 first rd picks. In that scenario, I would be ok with it. That said, Dak is my dude. I think he can win. Franchise QB's are difficult 2 find, and like it or not, Dak is that. Seattle, Detroit, Houston,Miami would luv to have him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak is just another of our overpaid, overvalued players Jerry has on his payroll. You would have to be a really desperate team, think you are only a player away, and have an idiot GM....oh wait, i just described Dallas and Jerry. Yeah, that's about it. Don't see any firsts that's for sure.
All QB's are overpaid in the NFL. Its the nature of the position. Its the market. Same with pass rushers/edge. This is not a "JERRY JONES ISSUE." Its a going rate.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
I was referring to 40 million over the cap. It is 76 million in dead money (or 56 million more than Dak's current cap hit) which is basically why you could ask for the moon because you are eating a large chunk of salary for a QB which means you are basically trading a QB for 3 years of barely above rookie level money.

Ok, got it.
62 mil (divided by 3 = 21 mil yearly approx.) is barely above rookie level money ?
Not sure how much a high 1st rounder makes.
My point also was that bonus cap hit for dallas is not possible @ 76,200,000 mil.
Any team wanting Dak has to help w/ that protated bonus which would substract from the amount of picks giving for Dak.
I can't see mult. 1st picks for Dak.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The new trading partner would get those amounts left on his existing contract but look at the accelerated prorated bonuses we would be hit with.
Year.......Base Salary.......... Prorated Bonus
2022......$1,600,000................$18,130,000
2023......$31,000,000..............$18,130,000
2024......$29,000,000..............$18,130,000
2025........ Void........................$18,130,000
2026........ Void........................ $3,680,000

We would have to eat way more than 40 mil.
Any team taking any part of that bonus money would not be coughing up multiple 1st picks (easily....not happening)

Dallas gets hit with all of it, about 80m$. You already paid it to him, it’s your cap hits that aren’t transferred with the contract.

Which means anyone trading for him has to pay him 30m$ in 2023 and 2024 and that’s it. The bidding starts at 2 1sts, whoever can add the nicest pocket change at the end of that is the winner. Maybe 2 1sts, a 3rd and a player.

NotForLong

Reaction score
This will be a big year for Dak for those of you that want to move on. The Cowboys will put more resources in the offense to the point which if we don’t succeed, Dak is the problem.
Oh I see. . . . this will be the year we all finally admit that he is the problem

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak Prescott would be worth two 1sts plus maybe a player.

Cap hit is higher than Wilson and has won all of one playoff game.

BTW....for those who wanted to just let him walk, don't be thinking the next move is happen to stumble upon the next Justin Herbert.....

Washington would have signed Dak immediately and WE would be the ones signing Fitzpatrick and deciding between Garraopolo, Wentz and Winston.

He is overpaid for sure but that's largely due to the alternative....and they made the right call.
Yeah but we would have gotten 2 1st

NotForLong

Reaction score
All QB's are overpaid in the NFL. Its the nature of the position. Its the market. Same with pass rushers/edge. This is not a "JERRY JONES ISSUE." Its a going rate.
If I had a nickel every time a Dak apologists says this

NotForLong

Reaction score
Many here may not like this but Dak is still a starting caliber QB and his value , at minimum, is 2 first rounders plus players. A team like Seattle would def. make a call and kick the tires. They have the draft capital. We get Drew Locke, and 2 first rd picks. In that scenario, I would be ok with it. That said, Dak is my dude. I think he can win. Franchise QB's are difficult 2 find, and like it or not, Dak is that. Seattle, Detroit, Houston,Miami would luv to have him.
:lmao2::lmao::lmao:

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Dallas gets hit with all of it, about 80m$. You already paid it to him, it’s your cap hits that aren’t transferred with the contract.

Which means anyone trading for him has to pay him 30m$ in 2023 and 2024 and that’s it. The bidding starts at 2 1sts, whoever can add the nicest pocket change at the end of that is the winner. Maybe 2 1sts, a 3rd and a player.

Dallas can't take a hit of 76,200,000 mil for the remaining bonus.

So any team wanting Dak has to help lessen Dallas's cap burden from this trade.

That 76 mil can be divided between teams.
Not sure if they can give cash to already spent bonus but Dak can give back bonus money towards cap and get the new team to issue a new bonus check. I wouldn't do it but if wanted the trade, then maybe.

In doing so, a team will want to substract from the picks giving for Dak to offset the cash they have to fork over.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Dallas can't take a hit of 76,200,000 mil for the remaining bonus.

So any team wanting Dak has to help lessen Dallas's cap burden from this trade.

That 76 mil can be divided between teams.

In doing so, a team will want to substract from the picks giving for Dak to offset the cash they have to fork over.

Im not sure if that’s allowed. A team can pay some of a player’s remaining contract before he’s traded (as what happened with Von Miller), but to reimburse a team for money already spent isn’t an NFL thing.

With that you’re effectively trading cap space separate from the contracts, which isn’t allowed. I’ve never heard of a team straight up trading cash for a player.

Found this online: “No money is able to be traded between teams for players.” Not from an official source though

I know you can in baseball, but their salary cap stuff is far more lenient than in the NFL