I’d trade for Stafford in a heart beat

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Look at the result you can get with Stafford and the amount it will cost you vs Dak. Plus Stafford is just a better qb. Better arm, more accurate. He is a great talent stuck on a crap team for over a decade.
Stafford is far less accurate than Dak. Bro do you even watch games?

Dak has a career 5% more completion percentage while throwing an ENTIRE yard+ For air yards per attempt. Meaning Dak throws deeper per throw than Matt and completes more passes too.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
well im betting it would be Dak for stafford straight up if Dak approved on Tag the [layers has to approve a sign and trade type deal..doubt dak want to go to the lions, so that out,.,if we cant sign dak and he holds out we could offer a 3rd this year and 4th next to Detroit and get him..might be better option to Dalton for sure.i have this weird feeling, if tagged and no deal imminent, dak may hold out and not sign the tag

this is all spitballing not knowing where dak and the FO are on the contract negotiations. Like river did for Indy i bet Stafford could at least keep us playoff hopeful..look at our offense when healthy Stafford could make some noise..
Two problems with your proposal is the Cowboys would have to give up the 10th pick for Stafford because teams like the Colts will offer the 20th pick for him. Maybe he could tell the Lions he wants to be a Cowboy and they would settle for a second and conditional pick in the future because he is a Texas boy.

The second issue is the reason the Cowboys would never let Dak go. The players are 100% behind Dak. They chose him over Romo in 2016 and went into shock when he was injured against the Giants. You would literally lose the team if another quarterback is our starter next season.

HanD

Reaction score
Stafford would be an upgrade over Dalton and his contract is reasonable over the next two years whilst we can draft and groom a QB to ride his rookie contract.

Not even 3 years ago when stafford signed his deal it was the richest deal in the league. Whatever dak signs for will look reasonable in 3 years compared to newer contracts that get signed after his.

Stafford is older and injury prone. Yes bang for the buck he might be better value but you'd have to spend more on a backup and it's a slight downgrade.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Glad you don’t own the team! You would be trading for a QB who’s going to be released, has a 70-90-1 QB record and has only 3 playoff appearances in 12 seasons with an 0-3 playoff record. You sound like a casual, armchair, beer guzzling fan.
How condensending....you usually need to treat other fans like that?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Two problems with your proposal is the Cowboys would have to give up the 10th pick for Stafford because teams like the Colts will offer the 20th pick for him. Maybe he could tell the Lions he wants to be a Cowboy and they would settle for a second and conditional pick in the future because he is a Texas boy.

The second issue is the reason the Cowboys would never let Dak go. The players are 100% behind Dak. They chose him over Romo in 2016 and went into shock when he was injured against the Giants. You would literally lose the team if another quarterback is our starter next season.
lose it ? pros dont quit game 1 with new players, it happens..if thats true cut them, all , cant have professionals acting like babies..this is a business and if an owner believes trading aplayer vs overpaying them is the way to go, the players should s t *** and get to playing 100% for the players who will be playing..that goes for fans ..you cheer for whomever is wearing your colors and logo.. this isnt HS ball brah..get over it..im not giving up a 10 for stafford thats ridiculous..noones giving a 1st for him..a 3rd and 4th maybe but sorry staff isnt that good hes aged and been injured a lot of late..

stupid thought..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The more I read, I can see WFT as his landing spot. Can see them going all in to make it happen. Also, I get the impression the Lions will work him on a trade to a team of his choice.
The Football Team needs a young stud that is cheap so they can pay that defense in the future. Stafford could get them to the divisional round but then he will get exposed. They need to find away to get Wilson, Fields, and Lance. It sounds crazy but after a some trades there is a possibility 4 of the top 5 picks is a quarterback.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I'd give up a 3rd round pick, but wait for him to be released instead

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We do not have a team ready to roll with a 33 year old QB.
We have an offense that’s ready to rumble with any defense when healthy.
I’m not giving up any resources or the future. I’m looking for ways to put together a competitive defense that can occasionally win a game without scoring 30 points.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
lose it ? pros dont quit game 1 with new players, it happens..if thats true cut them, all , cant have professionals acting like babies..this is a business and if an owner believes trading aplayer vs overpaying them is the way to go, the players should s t *** and get to playing 100% for the players who will be playing..that goes for fans ..you cheer for whomever is wearing your colors and logo.. this isnt HS ball brah..get over it..im not giving up a 10 for stafford thats ridiculous..noones giving a 1st for him..a 3rd and 4th maybe but sorry staff isnt that good hes aged and been injured a lot of late..

stupid thought..
Did you see the way we played after he was injured? You can disagree all you want free country but this is Dak’s team. Has been since 2016. Stafford would be a more expensive Dalton. I was just showing you how the NFL works. Players are people not boxes.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Glad you don’t own the team! You would be trading for a QB who’s going to be released, has a 70-90-1 QB record and has only 3 playoff appearances in 12 seasons with an 0-3 playoff record. You sound like a casual, armchair, beer guzzling fan.

There is no way he is going to be outright released. Lions might find a team that will give them a first round pick. He doesn’t have the winning record but he has the stats. Jerra has made dumber trades than a team trading a first for Stafford.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There is no way he is going to be outright released. Lions might find a team that will give them a first round pick. He doesn’t have the winning record but he has the stats. Jerra has made dumber trades than a team trading a first for Stafford.

It would be a stupid move for anyone to give up a first round pick for Stafford. If he was worth that Detroit would keep him. He has the stats but it hasn’t led to a winning record or any playoff wins.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
It would be a stupid move for anyone to give up a first round pick for Stafford. If he was worth that Detroit would keep him. He has the stats but it hasn’t led to a winning record or any playoff wins.

Is trading two first round picks for Joey Galloway stupid? A first and a third for Roy Williams? This is a QB league and teams are starved for them. He wants out of Detroit it’s not the other way around. Point is there have been far worse trades then a team given up a first for Stafford.