I’m not kidding we’ve Drafted 4 Pro Bowlers

blueblood70

Reaction score
Guys I usually hate this front office and I am usually the biggest pessimist here. But I am so excited about this draft class. Vander Esch will be a Pro Bow MLB , Conor Williams will be a perennial Pro Bowl left guard. The guy is so nasty and his intelligence is off the charts. Gallup is the 2nd best route runner in this draft, breaks tackles, and has an amazing attitude. And my favorite pick Mike White. White played in 3 different systems in college and it didn’t phase him. His intelligence is incredible has amazing accuracy, and has quick reads. He will be our future Pro Bowl QB. He’s Matt Ryan guys. I’m going to have a couple cold ones tonight!
I like your optimism Bro, not sure about the accuracy of your statement but lets all hope at least 2 are great and the other are good..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... I wanna preface my statement with that because I think it's fitting because I'm in total disagreement. I think this draft is our worst one since 12. On top of that I came away impressed by the Giants & the Skins draft haul they got. Unfortunately I think we take a back seat to them this year in the standings & that's mainly due to our complete off season. Overall grade a D+ ( d plus)
paper champions as of now.. noones taking backseat to no one before the season even starts..

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
paper champions as of now.. noones taking backseat to no one before the season even starts..
U right Blueblood, but can u relay this message to the many cowboys fan who think that you lost ur best LB, best WR, best TE but somehow ur better& Division winner & ur on ur way to the Superbowl....... Relay that for me champ!

blueblood70

Reaction score
U right Blueblood, but can u relay this message to the many cowboys fan who think that you lost ur best LB, best WR, best TE but somehow ur better& Division winner & ur on ur way to the Superbowl....... Relay that for me champ!
he wasn't our Best LB Hitch was good but LEE was better and Jaylon is on his way up.. LVE can replace or backup any postion with Wilson getting his chance to be the next hitch..Yes witten leavings blow but he was no longer in his prime and his numbers can be replaced as does Dez lame numbers over the few years..Like i said on paper it mean less than Squat when we get out team together during minis TC and Preseason.. you realize teams constantly are in flux and changing out players..at some point its time..

It o that the same fans who think like you said teams step up Philly lost a lot of players and won the SB, WE CANT? don't be a hypocrite..im giving my team chance to find the best starters and put the others in position to win..

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Guys I usually hate this front office and I am usually the biggest pessimist here. But I am so excited about this draft class. Vander Esch will be a Pro Bow MLB , Conor Williams will be a perennial Pro Bowl left guard. The guy is so nasty and his intelligence is off the charts. Gallup is the 2nd best route runner in this draft, breaks tackles, and has an amazing attitude. And my favorite pick Mike White. White played in 3 different systems in college and it didn’t phase him. His intelligence is incredible has amazing accuracy, and has quick reads. He will be our future Pro Bowl QB. He’s Matt Ryan guys. I’m going to have a couple cold ones tonight!

I agree with most of what you said here...

LVE - fits this Cover 2 or Press Cover 3 (Seattle) defense better than say Edmunds.
Williams - I think he will be good at either Guard or Tackle but after watching some tape of him I think Guard is where they will put him.
Gallup - Reminds me of the old receivers the Jerry Rices or Chris Carters, good Routes can separate and still run after the catch... they are not the most Athletic of the group but they just get it done.
White - this was the dude I've been after since the Senior bowl, they talk about throwing receivers open alot guiding them and delivering... He does that... I know they will say he's a statue but so was Brady so is Mattie ICE but there job as QBs are to find open receiver deliver the ball and move the chains.

I like Scarbro in the 7th, we needed more of a true running back... I like Smith as a utility player out of the RB position but now we have a good 1/2 punch in Elliot and Scarbro, with sprinkling in Tavon on a few gadget plays a game.

I would have love Hernandez over Williams but we would have to give up too much to get to the TOP of the second to get him and this FO values Picks over all other things, not to mention we would have missed out on Gallup, White & Schultz I think getting the 3 over the 1 is a better option.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Giants got better. A lot better. The got a legit LT and then added Will Hernandez who is going to be a beast for years. What they did is keep Eli Manning safe enough so he won't be getting jumpy in the pocket. The Giants have excellent weapons on offense already and they added the best RB to come out of college in years. That too is going to help Manning. He may be 37 but they can get another year or two out of him now.

At the same time, I am not convinced their defense is anything bu ordinary. They lost JPP and their LBs are pretty average. The Giants will b in a few shootout this year. They will not b drafting #2 next year. They are way better than that.

The Commanders improved a little but not enough to challenge Philly and NY. The Cowboys did not improve much either, but they were already better than the Commanders and probably still are.

Overall, though, I agree, the Giants did a good job in the draft. Its pretty hard to screw it up when you ar picking 2nd in every round.

MistyAnn

Reaction score
I agree the Giants did very well and will be hard to beat, but that is our job to win the East, it is always hard to tell who will thrive as a pro, Taco found the going tough last year.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

You had me going before you ended with Mike White.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I remember when a certain Emperor, who shall remain nameless, tried to convince us on the other forum that the 2009 draft class had at least 6 Pro Bowlers maybe 7 in it.

That's the beauty of the summer. Every draft pick is a potential Hall of Famer.

CapnB

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... I wanna preface my statement with that because I think it's fitting because I'm in total disagreement. I think this draft is our worst one since 12. On top of that I came away impressed by the Giants & the Skins draft haul they got. Unfortunately I think we take a back seat to them this year in the standings & that's mainly due to our complete off season. Overall grade a D+ ( d plus)

Yeah i dont know your post history but I would about bet you say this every year about our draft and the draft of our NFC east foes.

CapnB

Reaction score
I remember when a certain Emperor, who shall remain nameless, tried to convince us on the other forum that the 2009 draft class had at least 6 Pro Bowlers maybe 7 in it.

That's the beauty of the summer. Every draft pick is a potential Hall of Famer.

the 2009 draft class? the special team draft? Heck i was holding out hope just for 1 to make the team

CapnB

Reaction score
I think the thing with White was that his draft summary talks about how good his arm talent is. Supposedly exceptional at baseball as well, with 90+ mph fastballs. But, he apparently had such poor protection, that he couldn't showcase it much. I am just going by his draft profile though, I don't remember ever seeing him play. I just assume that went into the decision. Now we can look at it multiple ways. They either want a competition at backup, or they want something to fall back on in case Dak still has issues. Who knows what they were thinking.

Yeah and other than the preseason we arent gonna find out. They are going to stick with Dak no matter what.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the Mike White pick was highway robbery! This guy is 6 foot 5 !! He is accurate and has a very high football IQ. This guy will either make Dak even better by pushing him..or he will be the starter in 2019. This was a 2nd round talent. Bo Sarborough pick will pay huge dividends in the late fall. It shows me we are going to ground and pound behind that nasty oiline.

Rayman70

Reaction score
White ,Scar, and Wilson were absolute steals! Wilson will beat out Cole Beasley. LOVE the fact we are going to have open competition in camp. Sounds like its all wide open. Its a great thing. Wilson and Gallup will be starting in 2019. TWILL will be long gone by then. IMO..Williams, Beasley are on the bubble.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Training camp is going to be fun to watch. Lots of new faces, new scheme on offence being installed. The balanced attack is back! The D should be much improved as well. With our mediocre strength of schedule this team will either click and go far or go through some growing pains.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Didn't love the Vander Esch pick, but I see the potential. Love the Williams pick. I think he's a plug and play A starter right now. I admittedly don't know much about Gallup, but everything I've read is promising. The DE is the head scratcher for me. Schultz is a day one starter too and someone I've had my eye on.

Getting Austin for a sixth is big time potential for cheap. I like it. The QB pick was unusual, but if he's a player, I'm behind it.

It's been a weird draft. It's been a weird offseason. I think they've definitely stuck to their plan and I applied them for that. Now we have to wait and see if it pays off.

We are definitely a better team than we were last year and that's what really matters.
:clap:good post& I enjoyed it.

:starspin::star::starspin:

Rayman70

Reaction score
The good, we will have open competition. The bad...we are rebuilding the offense. Translation is we are 2-3 years away from the SB.I

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree the Giants did very well and will be hard to beat, but that is our job to win the East, it is always hard to tell who will thrive as a pro, Taco found the going tough last year.
we still have the best oline in football...and ZEKE. As long as we have ZEKE,DAK, and that oline..we will have a chance week in,week out. Ball control..ground and pound will be the theme. THAT is Cowboy football.