I’m not kidding we’ve Drafted 4 Pro Bowlers

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
You are one of those posters that joined earlier this year .........
Oh ok I didn't know that, was that the day I got on here. How did you know that?! My goal is to make it to the season. My first time being part of any Cowboys message boards. It's not so bad after all:;'-)

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He's been in the league long enough he should be better than everyone with his draft position. He's overrated and he's a statue. He represents what outdated quarterbacks look like. I want someone mobile. That's the new wave.

All I'm saying is if I'd rather have the next Aaron Rodgers than the next Matt Ryan. Aim higher.

I try to be realistic . I watched the tape before the draft and again after and Matt ryan comes to mind. Who would complain if true?

Sure that’s what they say every year but Foles and Brady were in the Super Bowl both considered “statues”. Pocket QB win 99% of Super Bowls. The only QB to win 5 Super Bowls is a “statue”.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I try to be realistic . I watched the tape before the draft and again after and Matt ryan comes to mind. Who would complain if true?

Sure that’s what they say every year but Foles and Brady were in the Super Bowl both considered “statues”. Pocket QB win 99% of Super Bowls. The only QB to win 5 Super Bowls is a “statue”.
Nick Foles is a fluke like Flacco. Tom Brady....He's the exception.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I remember Ellard! Yes Cedric does remind me of him, not sure he is as fast though. What I did notice about Wilson is the guy never runs a straight line his runs are bending and he doesn’t lose any speed doing it. Not as easy to cover a guy like that.this should be real interesting see these new WRs we have competing for roster spots and playing time.
the kid has a chance to hone his skills..get stronger and be much like Ellard. Your right..not quite as fast..but quick enough to take a slant 65 yards to the house.His precise routes make this possible. That's his strong suit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
When Eli is getting the crap beat out of him again,and Barkley has no where to run,they gonna wish they drafted Nelson. There first 2 picks should have been oline. Nelson at 2...and they got Hernandez..which is good..but he may need to play RG. lol..erik flowers may start at RT ...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're supporting Dak publicly by getting rid of Dez and drafting quick guys who separate. But they're also saying, there's a slight chance you may not work out with the qb pick.
No, they are not saying anything about Dak drafting a 5th round QB.

They are saying they like depth and cheap backups.

JHolz2020

Reaction score
I just don't see how the Giants did enough to jump us. The only way that makes sense is if you don't think we improved at all, which we did.

Eagles are definitely still the class on the NFCE though.

One draft for the G-men picking #2 and everyone is going crazy about how much better they will be. They will be better but don't think they are a contender right now.

Unfortunately yes the Eagles are still damn good but definitely not unbeatable. They spent 50+ years with nothing so let's make sure they go back to those ways!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
koolkid.jpg

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Nick Foles is a fluke like Flacco. Tom Brady....He's the exception.
I’ll take a fluke Super Bowl win. Pocket Passers are the most successful in NFL history.

Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Flacco
Brady
Warner
Foles
Aikman

Once in a while there’s a somewhat mobile guy like Ben. But he’s certainly not a Running QB. We’ll agree to disagree .

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ll take a fluke Super Bowl win. Pocket Passers are the most successful in NFL history.

Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Flacco
Brady
Warner
Foles
Aikman

Once in a while there’s a somewhat mobile guy like Ben. But he’s certainly not a Running QB. We’ll agree to disagree .
Foles and Flacco are bums and Russ and Big Ben were mobile. Steve Young too. There's a new wave. No outdated stiff quarterbacks.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Foles and Flacco are bums and Russ and Big Ben were mobile. Steve Young too. There's a new wave. No outdated stiff quarterbacks.
Yea they’ve been saying that for 20 years. Yet the pocket passers keep winning the Super Bowls and the running QBs last a couple years then they’re out of a job. Look at the history.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The Giants seem to win the offseason every year because they throw money and resources at names. It hasn't worked in their favor of late.

The Skins downgraded at QB and WR and still have question marks on both lines. Not worried about them.

The division will come down to Dallas and Philly again and I think we added the tools to be able to top them this year.
and I recall the first time they beat New England they had had an awful off-season, losing players, bad draft. You just never know

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
That's where u wrong@ CapnB. It gives me know pleasure nor joy in admitting this. I live in DC capn, I despise the skins as well as the giants. I'm just not that fan no more. Who looks@ the others as if there so beneath & we're flawless. I used to think like that but reality was the eye opener & if one removes himself from the bias standpoint when ur under that impression & look@ things from a face value perspective it's not hard to see. 23 years of these results are startling & u run out of excuses of why things are the way they are.
Ask yourself & take away ur biasness. Are we better than we were going into last year? Are our division rivals worse than they were last year? Ok why is it so hard for y'all to give credit to other teams. We all thought we had the draft of the century in 16& expected others to view as is so why is difficult to see someone else have a good draft & acknowledge it. I simply did, doesn't mean I love my team any less just means I'm mature enough to know if they did or not & they did honestly speaking. The giants & skins both have had a better draft than us. If u think I'm crazy, poll the pundits & see how many actually say we had a better draft than them. They far few in between cap trust.
I have to commend you for having the ability to create so much wrong in just one paragraph.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
When Eli is getting the crap beat out of him again,and Barkley has no where to run,they gonna wish they drafted Nelson. There first 2 picks should have been oline. Nelson at 2...and they got Hernandez..which is good..but he may need to play RG. lol..erik flowers may start at RT ...
I don’t think they will be upset at all in the Barkley selection. Unfortunate I think we will have this proven to us.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don’t think they will be upset at all in the Barkley selection. Unfortunate I think we will have this proven to us.

Lots of Dallas fans were upset at Zeke's selection. And look what he did his rookie year. NFL rushing champion, team was 13-3. So don't discount Barkley's possible impact.

And the giants were poor on the o-line last year, but they added Hernandez, who was a high rated guard, as well as Solder, who was at least serviceable in NE, and Omameh, another guard, not that great but we've seen other players "blossom" with new teams. So their o-line might be markedly improved.

Not bragging on the giants, but I think too many are dismissing them based totally on last year, which as anyone who studies the game knows often means little.

Can't afford to overlook any of the other NFC teams...

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Giants are no different than any other team. It starts up front with the oline. If its under construction and your expecting a RB to come in and make a huge impact right away,your sorely mistaken. Its football 101..at any level. I wish the kid luck,he gonna need it behind a rookie LG..a vet LT that they HOPE will solidify that position,and an iffy RG...and a terrible RT in Erik Flowers..lmao...When we drafted Zeke, we had a stud at every position up front..BIG DIFFERENCE. Giants are 2 years away with that oline rebuild. Barkley will go how the oline goes,just like most rb's do. His tendencies are to bounce everything outside and go away from his blockers. That will prove to be his downfall. He is a poormans Reggie Bush.