I’m not sold yet - nor is America

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Tremendous win - a feel good trouncing over a disgusting foe .

Dak shining - Pollard and Dowdle running like grown men - Gilmore reminding us he’s going to Canton. Eagle players sulking - beautiful.

However - it happened at home - JerryDome.

There was no better Cowboy moment in my life than the Alvin Harper slant in the mud @
San Francisco.
It was then and there I knew we were winning for a longtime.

I need that moment from # 4

@ Buffalo @ Miami sell us Dak.

Two massive measuring sticks coming up.

Listen we’re better than Philly we are but we’re gonna have to win on the road ; bad losses @ AZ @ Philly have dictated that.

Enjoy this one but there are mountains to climb .
Yeah, next two games tell alot - see them both as losses, but if a miracle and they win, even I may start thinking differently, unless they play 49ers.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
They win in Buffalo, then I am all in. I still have a bit of trepidation about this team having been scarred by past collapses.
I think that’s the one we lose. Buffalo is desperate.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
They win in Buffalo, then I am all in. I still have a bit of trepidation about this team having been scarred by past collapses.
I'm not ALL in until I see how we win (or lose) the next 4 games. It's like I just received a text from my old girlfriend (hot) who wants to hook up again after she wanted to take a break. Plenty of minutes left to be played esp. on opposing soil. My head says yes but my heart says "whoa, been here before and got burned".

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Buffalo has been inconsistent, but they have beaten some strong teams, still have a tough defense and dangerous offense, and are playing at home.

I would agree that winning wouldn't make a statement like the win last night, but it would be a strong victory and show that they aren't going to stumble on the road like in other losses
I am just saying, if you can't be sold beating down your hated rival by 20, a team who is one of the best teams out there, then beating a lesser Buffalo team, yes on the road, shouldn't then change your mind but everyone is different. I am already sold this is a very good team. SF is the real test. I have no doubts we can beat Philly in the playoffs, even on the road. SF is the real thorn in our side. We need to find a way to beat them if we want any sort of deep playoff run.

But this team seems to have found a different gear on offense. Even in the Philly loss, they moved the ball well and had great playcalling.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, next two games tell alot - see them both as losses, but if a miracle and they win, even I may start thinking differently, unless they play 49ers.
Folks this right here is the poster child for being a Fair weather bandwagoner fan.

Trendnet

Reaction score

Listen we’re better than Philly we are but we’re gonna have to win on the road ; bad losses @ AZ @ Philly have dictated that.

Less than a week ago, it was

"There’s no sugarcoating a loss to Nick Siriani on Sunday NF.

It would undo Dak mvp talk , it would validate the notion we can’t step it up vs the big boys and it would destroy our fragile faith in Mike McCarthy.
"

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You won't feel differently. Your history shows you choose to be negative at all times, with the hope you can instill some of that in others.

I looked back at your posts. Even when the team does well you are negative. You share that with XXLMike.

You refer to yourself as a "Realist", however constant negativity is not realistic. It is possible when the team looks good to be enthusiastic & hopeful about where things are headed and still realize nothing is certain going forward and the team still has a tough road ahead. That's what being a realist would be.

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
I do not disagree with the original post. The Cowboys are a good team, one of the best in the league. I think we can all see that. But these next two games are measuring sticks. Can they beat a good team on the road? Can they execute on offense as effectively with a hostile crowd making noise? Can they win on grass? We also have another test we did not expect. Can they stop the run without Hankins clogging the middle?

These are things we have not seen from Dallas yet and they are things we will need to see if they are to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You won't feel differently. Your history shows you choose to be negative at all times, with the hope you can instill some of that on others.

I looked back at your posts. Even when the team does well you are negative. You share that with XXLMike.

You refer to yourself as a "Realist", however constant negativity is not realistic. It is possible when the team looks good to be enthusiastic & hopeful about where things are headed and still realize nothing is certain going forward and the team still has a tough road ahead. That's what being a realist would be.
The term “realist” is used by haters to make them feel better about being the worst fan and person.

lopey

Reaction score
This is very good team. Dak had me sold on him. This offence suits his skills well. Quick passing game. They will make noise in the playoffs

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think we will travel the wildcard path and it will be difficult, but I think we will get to the NFC Chip at least. We are the type of team that needs to have no time off. I like it better that way. Hit the ground running I say. No time to ponder anything. I think 2 many times the media and the team falls in love with the playoff bye for the first round.. I think its fools gold many times. That gives teams too much time to get comfy. I wanna keep playing. With the youth of this team, I think it works to our advantage. I say lets see what happens the next few games. Its not the end all be all. What matters is getting into the playoffs. Seeding is way overblown. Its who's healthier and playing well. Philly is trending downward quickly. They peaked way too quick and started to drink the Kool-Aid as did the media. I think the staff there became arrogant and never addressed the needs. We saw this last night. Dallas has improved weekly since the Niners loss. McCarthy has a process that is working.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Dak shining - Pollard and Dowdle running like grown men - Gilmore reminding us he’s going to Canton. Eagle players sulking - beautiful.

There was no better Cowboy moment in my life than the Alvin Harper slant in the mud @
San Francisco.

Well nobody is selling you anything. We beat the Eagles and now all of the sudden,... we are just better than them. I was saying it, some others were saying it, but were you saying it prior to the Sunday night beatdown?

The NFL schedule is tough, it always is. But besides the 72 dolphins, nobody has won every game on the schedule. My guess is that the team that wins the SB this season will lose at east 1, maybe 2 games still to come in the next 5 weeks.

If we stomp Buffalo, it will be, well, they ar ebarey a 500 team. Yea thye beat the Chiefs, but we all know the Chiefs arent what they used to be. The goal posts never stop moving.

In the end, its the same for everyone. This is the regular season. It shows if you have a shot or not. But playoff wins are the only thing that matters in the end. But thi steam is good and has a legit shot..... like Ive been saying all season.

Damn does that AZ game hurt.

Preoccupied

Reaction score

San Francisco.

At the start of the season, did you vote in the regular season record prediction vote cast?
If you did what record did you predict?
Mine was 11-6.
After witnessing the narrow loss at the eagles, that was enough to convince me we are going to win out. (14-3.)
It ain't no mountain to climb, we can and will compete from hereonin.

Get with program.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

San Francisco.

r1aSLW9.gif

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I'm excited about the next 3 weeks. Buffalo, Miami, and Detroit are a heck of a gauntlet to go through.

My confidence hinges on 3 things:

1. Dak's fundamentals look great. It's the one thing I loved about Aaron Rodgers in his prime, everything was precise and methodical. Dak has been working on this for a while, and it's now showing.

2. Mike's playcalling!

3. The defense making plays, we might give up yards but these Boys will strip the ball or pick a pass.