I’m obviously in the minority and in a big way

Scotman

Reaction score
I actually agree with most everything on this list.

My concern is the o-line. We were thin before losing Tyron. Now we look porous. I would feel far more confident going into the season with a competent lineman or two. Everything else looks like it could be good enough to get things done.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don't feel the Cowboys are underrated, but that's the beauty of the games being played. The offense is going to struggle and hold the team back is my opinion, however if I'm wrong this team should be really good and that's what we all want. Some fans don't seem to handle realistic fans well, and label them haters or whatever, but 26 years of crap justifies all the doubters.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
But I think the Cowboys are being underrated by not only the Zoners here, that’s to be expected as they’re miserable ignorant couch potatoes, but also by the national media talking heads. And I LOVE it!

Everyone is trashing them because of Tyron Smith’s injury. But Smith missed 6 games last year and was limited in a couple of others. Yet the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because they lost Amari Cooper. Yet Cooper only had 68 receptions for 865 yards and the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because Elliot who played with a torn PCL only had 1,002 yards and a 4.2 ypc average. No one is giving him, and the team, credit for being healthy.

No one is giving them credit for having a very deep TE depth.

Everyone is trashing them because Gallup is injured. Yet he may play in game 2 or 3.

No one is giving them credit for improving their defense and instead crapping on them for letting Gregory go. The defense has arguably the best defensive player in the NFL in Parsons. He’s a game changer. He’s in the elite status like Donald.

They got beat in the playoffs by the 49’ers because of their lack of run defense. But no one is acknowledging that Bohanna is better, that Gallimore is back from injury, that the DE’s have great depth, that the LB’ers are better and have more depth, that the CB’s are better and have more depth, that the Safeties are better and have more depth.

No one is giving them credit for having a dynamic punt and kickoff return man.

All the habitual Debbie Downers here and in the media are saying the Cowboys have no chance to reach the Super Bowl much less win the NFC East.

But I’m here to tell you, and there are some others who agree with me, that don’t sleep on this team. Every Super Bowl team needs the breaks to turn their way. All of them. If the Cowboys get those breaks, avoid the serious injuries to key players, this team can go all the way.

You band wagoners are not going to get any slack once you jump on. It’s now or never.
They calls me Popeye the sailer man

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I think the team is under estimated also. However, I am in a ... show me on the field ...mode also.

Every year some, many, fans on here and the media suck up to the Eagles, and every year they been a failure as much if not more than Dallas. Except one year of course. I guess that gets them a pass since they sucked since that SB. If Dallas won a SB, then the same fans and media would rag on them as usual for the next 4 years not as good performances. Instead of slobbering all over them as they do the Eagles.
My point there is this team is still better than the Eagles. But the games must be played. But they do a double standard against them.

Anyway, show me on the field and in the playoffs. I am a positive fan, but I also can criticize. Go and prove you are a contender.

Agreed that talk is nothing more than hopes and despair being expressed but on the field performance ends all debate. Unfortunately Dallas has somewhat earned the criticism given the "America's Team" moniker and lack of a Super Bowl in over 25 years. Regarding the Eagles, they have been to 2 Super Bowls (won 1 and lost 1) since the last time Dallas made a Super Bowl so they have earned the accolades in spite of their recent seasonal failures.
With the Giants also having seen Super Bowl success, only Washington within the NFC East is similar to Dallas in the Super Bowl drought timeline and as such....both teams are seen needing to show me not tell me scenario.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The week before the season starts is like Christmas day for the blind homers. Bless their hearts.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
But I think the Cowboys are being underrated by not only the Zoners here, that’s to be expected as they’re miserable ignorant couch potatoes, but also by the national media talking heads. And I LOVE it!

Everyone is trashing them because of Tyron Smith’s injury. But Smith missed 6 games last year and was limited in a couple of others. Yet the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because they lost Amari Cooper. Yet Cooper only had 68 receptions for 865 yards and the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because Elliot who played with a torn PCL only had 1,002 yards and a 4.2 ypc average. No one is giving him, and the team, credit for being healthy.

Everyone is trashing them because Gallup is injured. Yet he may play in game 2 or 3.

No one is giving them credit for improving their defense and instead crapping on them for letting Gregory go. The defense has arguably the best defensive player in the NFL in Parsons. He’s a game changer. He’s in the elite status like Donald.

They got beat in the playoffs by the 49’ers because of their lack of run defense. But no one is acknowledging that Bohanna is better, that Gallimore is back from injury, that the DE’s have great depth, that the LB’ers are better and have more depth, that the CB’s are better and have more depth, that the Safeties are better and have more depth.

All the habitual Debbie Downers here and in the media are saying the Cowboys have no chance to reach the Super Bowl much less win the NFC East.

But I’m here to tell you, and there are some others who agree with me, that don’t sleep on this team. Every Super Bowl team needs the breaks to turn their way. All of them. If the Cowboys get those breaks, avoid the serious injuries to key players, this team can go all the way.

You band wagoners are not going to get any slack once you jump on. It’s now or never.

It’s ok Jerry we are here for you

Jarntt

Reaction score
Point…counter point…ahh, the NFL off-season!!!

I’m ready for the season to start. Go Cowboys!!!

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Excellent post and you did not even bring up Dak, who when he played the last 3 seasons led the best offense in the NFL.:eek::clap:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Preach it Rocky!

To enjoy the Zone, it is highly recommended to put all negative Nancy's & haters on ignore. :D

I have no idea how many members there are at CZ, but if you put everyone on ignore who makes an occasional negative comment you will reduce it down to about 10 or 15.

I get it - you and a few others want your own little utopia where everyone thinks about nothing but bunnies, rainbows, and unicorns, but that isn't reality. This universe you dream of where everyone agrees with each other and no one ever has a negative thing to say doesn't exist.

By the way, you're not a Zeke fan and I have seen you talk bad about him. Guess you better put yourself on ignore because that makes you one of the Nancy's & haters you dislike so much.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

When you start off your comment with insults...you most certainly are in the minority.

You act like criticizing the team is some new phenomenon in the sports world. It's a tradition of the ages, from bars to backyards to porches to game day bleachers. Making such a big deal about it is just as maddening and cluttering as the people you are complaining about. Which actually isn't that many it just seems more because threads and comments like this multiply and prolong them.

I think the best bet is to put those people on ignore. A crusade isn't going to change anyone, not sure why you think you wield such power. As already suggested...if you were as wise as you think you are...you'd use the ignore function as intended. You'll be happier, they'd be happier...no wait..."they" wouldn't not be happier...they love the attention and opportunity The Hate Crusaders provide. Take that away from them.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

This is going to be a run dynamic offensive line. We’re going to control the ball. Get back to dink and dunk is what Prescott does best. And we finally have a defense who can get us the ball back. And we won’t be starting every drive inside our own 20 yard line. Imagine starting on the 40. Can’t wait to go cowboys

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is going to be a run dynamic offensive line. We’re going to control the ball. Get back to dink and dunk is what Prescott does best. And we finally have a defense who can get us the ball back. And we won’t be starting every drive inside our own 20 yard line. Imagine starting on the 40. Can’t wait to go cowboys
Sounds good!

But I'm gonna have to tame my enthusiasm until I see Moore buy into your run scheme. I'm not convinced he wants that.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sounds good!

But I'm gonna have to tame my enthusiasm until I see Moore buy into your run scheme. I'm not convinced he wants that.
I can understand that. But that’s what we’re built for. And if he doesn’t follow suit. We’re going to have a coaching controversy

Qcard

Reaction score

Go Back and look at the 2021 Season Prediction Thread.

Dak Haters get more clueless and stay Wrong when NFL Season kicks off...